ClockworkOcean
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1We need to pack it in! Empty We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:08 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Edit: Image removed to avoid any real legal threat.

I'd appreciate it if the owner of the Ian Levine parody account removes it is as soon as he possibly can. To be threatened with legal action is something I've never faced before and it's honestly got me worried. We need to avoid parodying actual people in the future because I personally will get the blunt end of it if we get found out. I'm also removing my email address from public view.

Last edited by Commander Maxil on 11th July 2019, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

2We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:10 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well let's not be drastic about this....

I mean how seriously should we even take Ian?

3We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:11 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Phuck him, I say...

4We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:15 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It depends. Maybe it's just an empty threat but then again it might not be. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I gather certain people monitor what's being posted on the forum because I don't see how he would have found out about it otherwise. Surely he realizes it wasn't actually a personal attack on him?

5We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:18 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think we should put it to a poll. Let the forum decide do we cave or do we stand ground.

6We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

You're not the one being threatened with legal action. It's easy to sit there and suggest that when you're in your safe zone. Where's Adam? He's the founder so maybe I should message him.

7We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:21 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Honestly, I don't think it's worth panicking about.

I'm not sure but I believe he might've threatened the Hive before, and I think someone must've called his bluff that time. Certainly nothing more came of it.

8We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:28 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Uh-oh, the Evil One has been invoked. I say just change the name of the account to Ian Slitheen and be done with it. What's he gonna do about that?

9We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's worth panicking about.

You're not the head admin of the forum though, are you?

Last edited by Commander Maxil on 10th July 2019, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

10We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:34 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well no I'm not. I couldn't have been trusted that much for the role.

11We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:36 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Whether or not Levine intends to carry out his threat, the account in its current form does actually put the forum at risk of termination for violating our host's terms of service. Nonspecific parodies like BeKind are one thing, but impersonating a specific individual does put one on shaky ground when dealing with a free host.

12We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Well no I'm not. I couldn't have been trusted that much for the role.

Sorry for snapping but I'm gravely concerned. Can he do what's he actually claiming?

13We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:50 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

UncleDeadly wrote:Uh-oh, the Evil One has been invoked. I say just change the name of the account to Ian Slitheen and be done with it. What's he gonna do about that?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Its been done now. I reckon he won't stop there. We're on his radar now. Big Grin Its pretty fucking funny though you got to admit.

14We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:52 pm

REDACTED

Commander Maxil wrote:
Tanmann wrote:Well no I'm not. I couldn't have been trusted that much for the role.

Sorry for snapping but I'm gravely concerned. Can he do what's he actually claiming?

Apologies for my ignorance on technology but can't you just delete the account?

15We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:53 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm not the one tasked with removing accounts. I rarely use the admin panel.

16We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:55 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Commander Maxil wrote:Sorry for snapping but I'm gravely concerned. Can he do what's he actually claiming?

Fair enough.

I don't know if Ian can carry out his threats or what's likely to happen given Levine's past track record. Maybe one of the more long-term members like Rawkuss or Boofer would know.

17We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 8:58 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Looks like he's an avid reader here.

Everyone knows it isn't him.

Obvious parody is obvious. Nothing to see here and no legal case. Levine likes to swing his bollocks about because he has a bit of cash, but he seems to have forgotten he doesn't live in a low-budget American count room drama.

Mad fucker.

18We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:00 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:Looks like he's an avid reader here.

Everyone knows it isn't him.

Obvious parody is obvious. Nothing to see here and no legal case. Levine likes to swing his bollocks about because he has a bit of cash, but he seems to have forgotten he doesn't live in a low-budget American count room drama.

Mad fucker.

Agreed its no worse than Clayton Dickman's account. It will be funny to watch him screaming about us on Twitter though. LOL LOL LOL LOL

19We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:01 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Tanmann wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:Sorry for snapping but I'm gravely concerned. Can he do what's he actually claiming?

Fair enough.

I don't know if Ian can carry out his threats or what's likely to happen given Levine's past track record. Maybe one of the more long-term members like Rawkuss or Boofer would know.

Seen and heard it all before only to watch the indignation and threats fizzle back into the ether whence they first came.

20We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:02 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

What if it is actually him, though? I don't fancy having to pay up because a member made a shit parody account of him.

21We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:06 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I've removed the account. I doubt that any court would take such a case seriously, but given that we're on a free host, he wouldn't have even had to go that far to get the forum taken down.

In future, if anyone wants to satirise a specific person, just be careful to distinguish it beyond all doubt as a parody. Even just change the name a little (e.g. Steven Mufftwat, Ian Slitheen, Clayton Dickman) to protect yourself from bad faith accusations like these.

22We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:10 pm

Boofer

Boofer

By the way: Ian Levine shagged my dog. He made the poor little soul don white cotton doggy gym shorts and violated him as he ate his pedigree chum.

It's not the only dog he's molested either.

Apparently he's into dachshunds because they're handy as he can lay his gut on them and still see their facial expressions when he shoots his demon seed into them.

It's all true. He eats cats and babies too, although I heard he's really into little Chinese kids as they're cheaper to acquire than Western babies.

There's also that rumour that Levine murdered an old boyfriend in his missing episodes cellar. Apparently Levine flew into a rage after said boyfriend called Mavic Chen a 'wonky-eyed cunt'. Levine responded by by drugging him and shoving a deleted film can labelled TPPT4 up his ringer.

23We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:12 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

At least the account is gone so we're in the clear. I probably should message him back (even though he told me not to) and send him a screencap of it.

24We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:12 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Commander Maxil wrote:What if it is actually him, though? I don't fancy having to pay up because a member made a shit parody account of him.

He's threatened other iterations of this forum and numerous individuals without ever taking them to court.

Take him for what he is - a sweaty mass of failing indignation and outrage with so little real power left in his life that he lives off the fumes of what he 'achieved' 4 decades ago.

25We need to pack it in! Empty Re: We need to pack it in! 10th July 2019, 9:13 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Commander Maxil wrote:At least the account is gone so we're in the clear. I probably should message him back (even though he told me not to) and send him a screencap of it.

Send him a picture of a dog in some white cotton gym shorts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum