11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

David Tennant was charging £400 at one convention in the states

stengos

stengos

I have no problem with him charging £95 for an autograph. I just wouldn't buy it. Spend my cash on sthg else. No great loss as far as i am concerned.

iank

iank

Quite. I've never really been into the autograph thing, the convention thing or even meeting them thing.
I prefer to keep my heroes or idols at arms length. That way I can't see their clay feet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've always enjoyed meeting people.

I met five players from the Women's England football team a few years back.  I would probably pay up to about £30 to meet an actor or to get their autograph but £95 is way too much. I got Marc McClure's autograph for only £15 and he was in two very successful franchises back in the day. He was a lot of fun, something I don't honestly think Eccleston would be.

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

If I met any actor etc. the most I'd pay is a beer for a convo.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Speaking of the England women, we're into the semis! It's coming home!

Fuck those that aren't watching them.

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:That said however Colin has handled it terribly. Being grumpy to the fans that DO like him, and trying to keep in with the SJW morons is the worst thing he could do. Yeah Colin I'm sure Whovian feminism, a misandrist who hates strong male characters, who hates guns, and hates action stories, (so much so she got angry that SUPERHERO films have to revolve around action. She said we should have a Batgirl movie about her dating life, and a Supergirl movie about her career as a journalist LOL LOL LOL )

I'm sure someone like that is going to love an era with a female companion with big tits constantly being captured, an angry, confident male hero who throws people into acid, and violent, fast paced action stories with lots of shit being blown up. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Colin seems a bit confused these days. I think a lot of his recent antics stem from a misunderstanding of what the divisions in the current fanbase actually are. I saw an interview with him at a recent convention bitterly complaining that the Tennant/Smith fanboys had rejected Capaldi for being an older, more irascible Doctor - which is true - but also conflating them with the fans who oppose Jodie. Back in 2014, he clearly felt that everything his Doctor represented was getting a second chance through Capaldi, and seeing that be rejected again has rubbed salt into the wound.

The trouble is he seems to have gotten it into his head that the "fans" who objected to Capaldi for that particular reason are the same ones now objecting to Whittaker, missing the fact that many of us were initially enthusiastic supporters of his casting, yet ended up hating his era for entirely different reasons than the Tennant/Smith crowd.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The only person I would even consider paying £95 or more for an autograph or picture would be Bonnie Langford. It's still a lot, but I would probably make a very special exception for her Love Heart

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Eccleston rants about litter in an Instagram video. He's actually not wrong. Most of the places I go to seem to just have crap everywhere left behind by bellends who can't be bothered to put their smarties tube or Fanta bottle in the bin. Disgraceful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz-v9fBB-Ii/

Zarius

Zarius

Commander Maxil wrote:Eccleston rants about litter in an Instagram video. He's actually not wrong. Most of the places I go to seem to just have crap everywhere left behind by bellends who can't be bothered to put their smarties tube or Fanta bottle in the bin. Disgraceful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz-v9fBB-Ii/

Top Ten NuWho Speeches LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum