You are not connected. Please login or register

Batwoman trailer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Batwoman trailer Empty Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 4:51 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Anybody seen this? This looks like an absolute trainwreck. I like the CW superhero shows for the most part. However this looks like everything wrong with Supergirl but to an even greater degree.

"I won't let a man take credit for a woman's work." LOL said whilst she steals Batman's entire legacy!

Who knows it may be good, but really it looks like everything is going to revolve around the fact that she is a woman rather than telling interesting stories. Also what is with those bunny men?

2Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 5:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I have to admit, for the first minute and a half it doesn't seem so bad, but then toward the end it starts to be really on the nose with the obnoxious feminist propaganda.

As for Supergirl, I could enjoy the first couple of episodes of Season 1, for all its simplistic tweeness. But then by episode 11 where they introduce the White Martian (disguised as what's *clearly* meant to be Brigitte Gabriel), it actually started to degenerate into near Warriors of the Deep-levels of pacifist, preachy moral stupidity, and it kind of sunk in that this was a bad, dumb show.

I have not seen beyond the first season.

The Flash did make a nice cameo in the show though.

3Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 7:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Dire trailer. The woman has absolutely no charisma and it looks like one of those moody, joyless affairs.

4Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 7:39 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Whatever happened to Alicia Silverstone anyway?

5Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 8:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Whatever happened to Alicia Silverstone anyway?

I'm not quite sure. I'd welcome her back in a heartbeat, though. She was awesome.

6Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 10:23 pm

Boofer

Boofer

LOL

Very cheap-looking.

Who's the woman playing Batwoman? Can't act for shit.

All the feminist stuff is to be expected these days. Can you imagine if those lines were reversed? The very notion of 'men' as perfection would see hoards of vile land whales projecting their xenomorph-like bile all over twitter and the access media.

7Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 10:26 pm

iank

iank

This is modern TV.

No wonder I seem to be gorging on old 70s/80s British TV at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 20th May 2019, 10:30 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Boofer wrote: hoards of vile land whales projecting their xenomorph-like bile all over twitter and the access media.

*Cancels subscription to Greenpeace*

9Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 21st May 2019, 1:36 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:I have to admit, for the first minute and a half it doesn't seem so bad, but then toward the end it starts to be really on the nose with the obnoxious feminist propaganda.

As for Supergirl, I could enjoy the first couple of episodes of Season 1, for all its simplistic tweeness. But then by episode 11 where they introduce the White Martian (disguised as what's *clearly* meant to be Brigitte Gabriel), it actually started to degenerate into near Warriors of the Deep-levels of pacifist, preachy moral stupidity, and it kind of sunk in that this was a bad, dumb show.

I have not seen beyond the first season.

The Flash did make a nice cameo in the show though.

That's a shame they botched the White Martian story. That's one of my fave bits of the MM's background.

If you ever want to know how much of a cancer SJW/identity politics is to creativity just look at the SJW/Supergirl version of the Martian Manhunter and compare him to the DCAU version.

In the DCAU he was always one of my fave characters. His backstory is so tragic. His people the Martians were invaded by a hideous and creepy race of aliens called the Imperium, who slaughtered all of the Martians bar him.

The Martian Manhunters showdown with Imperium is a brilliant moment. I'm actually shocked at how violent it is. Here.

In a later episode meanwhile a witch tries to temp the Martian into betraying the League by conjuring up images of Mars and his family and telling him she can bring them back if he gives the philosophers stone, which leads to him betraying them. The scenes where Jonn is reunited with his dead children for a few moments are heartbreaking and really make you forget you're watching a cartoon.

Supergirl meanwhile has the Martian Manhunter complain about how white singers tried to take credit for black people's inventions like rock and roll.

See here.

If that doesn't show people how this crap ruins previously good characters I don't know what will! Of course Mr Tardis would say that its secretely because I just can't stand black characters, even though the original Justice League had a black lead, and the guy who voiced Jonn was black (and his civilian, human identity is black!)

This SJW crap is like the modern day version of those awful Star Trek TOS episodes that would get too pro American like the Coms and the Yans episode. Its hilarious that they can look at that and not see how embarassing their propaganda looks.

10Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 21st May 2019, 2:09 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:That's a shame they botched the White Martian story. That's one of my fave bits of the MM's background.

If you ever want to know how much of a cancer SJW/identity politics is to creativity just look at the SJW/Supergirl version of the Martian Manhunter and compare him to the DCAU version.

In the DCAU he was always one of my fave characters. His backstory is so tragic. His people the Martians were invaded by a hideous and creepy race of aliens called the Imperium, who slaughtered all of the Martians bar him.

He has a similar kind of backstory in the Supergirl TV series, though I *think* they replaced the Imperium with this group called the White Martians who wiped out his race.

They're basically shapeshifters, hence why one takes the form of a xenophobic "no aliens allowed" female political representative who's *clearly* meant to be a parody of Brigitte Gabriel.

But in the story, the White Martian is hunting Martian Manhunter down and as he's telling both Supergirl and her sister about how he wiped out his people, how hard these hunters are to fight and kill, he says he promises he will kill this one...... and he's right. this is clearly an enemy you take no chances with, and which his people paid the price for not taking arms against sooner.

But of course the women have to be outraged by this furious, bloodthirsty turn of his, and moralize and tell him he is wrong to do that and has to do this their woman's compassionate, peace-loving way and reject vengeance and that he shouldn't kill because that's bad.

It's just so stupid I would've spewed out my tea.

11Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 21st May 2019, 3:06 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

They're basically shapeshifters, hence why one takes the form of a xenophobic "no aliens allowed" female political representative who's *clearly* meant to be a parody of Brigitte Gabriel.

But in the story, the White Martian is hunting Martian Manhunter down and as he's telling both Supergirl and her sister about how he wiped out his people, how hard these hunters are to fight and kill, he says he promises he will kill this one...... and he's right. this is clearly an enemy you take no chances with, and which his people paid the price for not taking arms against sooner.

But of course the women have to be outraged by this furious, bloodthirsty turn of his, and moralize and tell him he is wrong to do that and has to do this their woman's compassionate, peace-loving way and reject vengeance and that he shouldn't kill because that's bad.

It's just so stupid I would've spewed out my tea

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That sounds awful. So glad I stopped watching. Its hilarious though because in the cartoons, its two women, Hawk Girl and Wonder Woman who slaughter the Imperium's forces and kill its leader.

See here.

That's how you deal with these guys! None of this Warriors of the Deep, Zygon Invasion/Inversion tree hugging, alien invaders have a right to our planet, hippie crap. PS the CWs Hawkgirl was crap too. Not because she was SJW however. She was just really mamby pamby compared to the animated version.

Ironically for all this SJW crap I don't think there's been a worse time for female heroes. Brie Larson, 13th Doctor, Batwoman, Supergirl. UGH can't anyone come up with a good female hero anymore? Maybe if these writers got their heads out of their asses and stopped trying to be the new Gene Roddenberry they could actually give young girls some proper heroes to look up to?

12Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 21st May 2019, 4:20 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Ironically for all this SJW crap I don't think there's been a worse time for female heroes. Brie Larson, 13th Doctor, Batwoman, Supergirl. UGH can't anyone come up with a good female hero anymore?

Jyn Erso from Star Wars Rogue One, and Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman are about the only female heroes I think Hollywood have done well recently.

Its hilarious though because in the cartoons, its two women, Hawk Girl and Wonder Woman who slaughter the Imperium's forces and kill its leader.

Well if even Wonder Woman is saying "Kill the fucker!" concerning the Imperium, then the new Supergirl must be especially stupid to think peace and forgiveness can work.

None of this Warriors of the Deep, Zygon Invasion/Inversion tree hugging, alien invaders have a right to our planet, hippie crap.

Aside from Warriors, the absolute worst, most moronic example of this I ever saw was in George Romero's Land of the Dead (2005), where after the zombies have eaten an entire city of humans who's only 'crime' in the film was being a bit higher in the class hierarchy.... the lead character who's in charge of a military vehicle and can gun the zombies down, and instead orders them to let the zombies go on their way because "they're just looking for a place to go."

Seriously that film is garbage!

Infact I think this review says it better than me:

13Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 25th May 2019, 4:12 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Jyn Erso from Star Wars Rogue One, and Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman are about the only female heroes I think Hollywood have done well recently.

Not seen Star Wars but I agree about Gal Gadot. She is such perfect casting for Wonder Woman and an amazing actress/person all around.

Us mere mortal men do not deserve to live on the same planet as Gal Gadot!

Its funny when you compare her to Brie Larson. Gadot is a much better actress, has screen presence, is absolutely beloved by her co-stars and the fans. Brie meanwhile is a terrible actress, a bigot, and seems to be hated by her co-stars (if the interviews are anything to go by LOL.)

Still its all just misogynistic men according to Mr Tardis (who btw is also for Julian Assange being arrested and locked up for 100 years too. Yeah he's really left wing.)

Well if even Wonder Woman is saying "Kill the fucker!" concerning the Imperium, then the new Supergirl must be especially stupid to think peace and forgiveness can work.

Wonder Woman actually does a fair bit of killing in the comics and most other adaptations believe it or not. I hoped they'd bring this dynamic to Justice League, but sadly they didn't. They just undermined her and everybody else for Supes which is why it didn't work.

I always loved this bit where she takes Ares head off. His cowardly and hypocritical ZEUS ZEUS SAVE ME just makes it better.

Sadly the 2009 animated Wonder Woman movie is not recommended. It wallows a bit too much in war of the sexes crap. That was always WW's drawback. Its about a woman who lives on an island of women who shun the world of men.

Naturally this has left it open to mad feminists and mad anti feminists to turn it into an infantile boys vs girls story (like that one anti feminist writer, I can't remember who, but he rewrote Wonder Woman's amazons into psycho lesbians who capture and rape men to reproduce!)

The 2009 movie isn't as bad as that, but it does tend to get bogged down too much in it. Still Alfred Molina is amazing as Ares and the fight scenes are excellent.

The 2017 movie is still the best version of the character as it skirts over cringey war of the sexes and just gives us a good, three dimensional hero we can all root for.

14Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 25th May 2019, 5:44 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:Not seen Star Wars but I agree about Gal Gadot. She is such perfect casting for Wonder Woman and an amazing actress/person all around.

Us mere mortal men do not deserve to live on the same planet as Gal Gadot!

Uhuh. She does have something of the superhuman about her.

She could probably kick my arse in bed.

As for the new Disney Star Wars films, I would say Rogue One is the only film they've done that's worth bothering with.

Its funny when you compare her to Brie Larson. Gadot is a much better actress, has screen presence, is absolutely beloved by her co-stars and the fans. Brie meanwhile is a terrible actress, a bigot, and seems to be hated by her co-stars (if the interviews are anything to go by LOL.)

I have to say I succumbed to the curiosity in the end to see Captain Marvel. And for the first ten to fifteen minutes it was actually okay, and Brie seemed to have decent screen presence that I thought might carry the film enough.

Then we got the first flashbacks of her being taunted and bullied by sexist boys all her life, and it pretty much seemed to stop being a sci-fi film and turned into a Buzzfeed article.

It completely spoiled immersion and by the end I was just begging for the thing to end.

Wonder Woman actually does a fair bit of killing in the comics and most other adaptations believe it or not. I hoped they'd bring this dynamic to Justice League, but sadly they didn't. They just undermined her and everybody else for Supes which is why it didn't work.

Hmm, maybe they thought most people would only be familiar with the 1970s TV series with Lynda Carter and didn't like to think of her as a more ruthless mercenary character. Plus maybe they thought they'd gotten enough flak for the bit where Superman kills Zod in Man of Steel.

I always loved this bit where she takes Ares head off. His cowardly and hypocritical ZEUS ZEUS SAVE ME just makes it better.

Hah! It's the kind of thing I could imagine Sil doing if he was at the Sixth Doctor's mercy.

Naturally this has left it open to mad feminists and mad anti feminists to turn it into an infantile boys vs girls story (like that one anti feminist writer, I can't remember who, but he rewrote Wonder Woman's amazons into psycho lesbians who capture and rape men to reproduce!)

Hmm, I wonder what he would've made of Peep Show. Wink

The 2017 movie is still the best version of the character as it skirts over cringey war of the sexes and just gives us a good, three dimensional hero we can all root for.

It is definitely one of my favourite films of that year. It was just such a great complete package that packed an emotional wallop! And at a time when I thought I was bored of the Comic movies craze.

15Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 28th May 2019, 1:27 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Actually this guy does a pretty entertaining job of tearing apart the Supergirl Martian Manhunter episode.

16Batwoman trailer Empty Re: Batwoman trailer 10th October 2019, 10:33 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Currently 10% of the RT audience like the show. Critics love it obviously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum