stengos
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Who Wants it Then? Empty Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 3:34 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Who wants to take over this shit hole?

I'm done with watching NuWho, I'm done with repeating the same complaints after ever episode. It's been the process for 14 years of my life and I'm finally done being a fucking moron who continues to watch a show I don't enjoy and complaining about it for not being a different show.

I'm done with this place. When I first found the Hive it was refreshing, other forums of its type went too far in the mindless fanboy mentality and it was nice to see a place that wouldn't ban you for daring to say anything critical of the show or franchise. Boofer said something along the lines of this place becoming an incel's tea party and I agree, and even visiting is becoming a chore. I'm fed up of coming here and seeing the same posts over and over. Shitting on NuWho got old and there's only so many times you can read what essentially comes down to "I'm not sexist, BUT..." and/or "Let's laugh at SJW's for getting offended and then get offended" before it starts to rot your mind. I'm not saying anyone here is a sexist or anything, my issues with the Hive aren't even specific to this site but the internet in general. I'm bored of SJW's and the other side making everything political when it doesn't warrent it.

So I'm leaving the Hive and going to spend less time on the internet. I'm getting away from the buzzwords and the endless fights over corporate products and clickbait. If you want to take over the forum say so in a reply and then we can decide who gets it and how. First come first serve or, ironically, go more political with a little Hive election?

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

2Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 4:30 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I don't blame you. I left as soon as there were all the threads about women being entitled bitches. Its fine to slag off feminists a good portion of whom are men. You're attacking an ideology, which I do for crazy MRAs too.

Still these threads were getting into attacking women and I didn't want to be associated with that. (Though the user responsible for these demented and frightening threads who was also a literal Nazi seems to have gone now to be fair, and his behaviour was called out by the others.)

Added to that all the infighting which I'm not going to comment on.
(Last thing I want is to get involved in that.) Whilst funny from a distance has taken up the entire forum. Its a shame as it was a good place to talk to for things outside of DW, like tv shows and films we were into etc.

Still maybe its best to call it a day now.

3Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 4:43 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I wouldn't mind being mod (if Burun doesn't want the job, personally I think he'd be a good candidate for peace-keeper).

I have enough time on my hands, and despite the previous animosities, I'm prepared to be a fair mod if no-one takes the piss.

Plus I think I could bring in some needed new blood.

4Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 6:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I think this place needs more Bonnie Langford threads.

5Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 7:56 pm

stengos

stengos

I joined about 4 weeks ago because i found the topics being debated interesting. And you didn't get the arrogant smarmy types one finds on Gallifrey Base. Then a week later the infighting started. I am not taking sides but i find it very frustrating. Especially when it sunk to the level of "D'ya wanna fight?"

As for the Nazi sympathiser guy - can't he just be blocked?

Anyway it would be a shame if the forum closed down but i don't think i am reliable enough to take it over so i can't offer to do so.

Last edited by stengos on 19th April 2019, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 7:57 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote:As for the Nazi sympathiser guy - can't he just be blocked?

He's gone.

I think he deleted his own account.

7Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 8:32 pm

stengos

stengos

Tanmann wrote:
stengos wrote:As for the Nazi sympathiser guy - can't he just be blocked?

He's gone.

I think he deleted his own account.

Good riddance imho.

8Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 8:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ah, so you're not the same Stengos as the other one. I thought he had made another account or something.

The Nazi ran away and then had the audacity to refer to US as "monsters" on Twitter for not letting the past die.

9Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 8:35 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Commander Maxil wrote:The Nazi ran away and then had the audacity to refer to US as "monsters" on Twitter for not letting the past die.

To be fair this forum does have a habit of not letting the past die.

And then complaining when the past comes back.

10Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 8:47 pm

stengos

stengos

Commander Maxil wrote:Ah, so you're not the same Stengos as the other one. I thought he had made another account or something.

The Nazi ran away and then had the audacity to refer to US as "monsters" on Twitter for not letting the past die.

I only joined - for the first time ever - about 4 weeks ago seeking to engage in genteel and convivial discourse about Classic Who and why New Who is (largely) shite.

Apologies if i made a bad choice of name.

:-)

11Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 8:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Once the members feel confident enough to share their own Bonnie Langford exercise bike fantasies I think this place will improve dramatically. Don't be shy Wink

12Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 9:52 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

You can make me a mod if you want.

13Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 10:46 pm

DogStar2000

I'd hate to see this place go as I do usually enjoy reading some posts here. I'd be up for moderating if I wasn't the only one. I do have a lot of time on my hands and pop by every day.

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

14Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 19th April 2019, 11:33 pm

iank

iank

I've been feeling the same way myself for a while, as with him not so much about this place as the net in general. It's really stopped being fun, as someone once said. It would be a shame to lose The Hive, but I don't want to take over. Way too much hassle.

As for Who, I dunno, I'm kind of in a happy place with it, ironically enough. Still love and still enjoy classic Who, and there's some decent stuff buried in the crap of the first 10 years of New Who (I am fond of a lot of the Smith/Karen era). I've just kind of accepted it's dead and not coming back, and the current trainwreck amuses me (from a happy safe distance) more than anything else now. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

15Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 12:16 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

stengos wrote:I joined about 4 weeks ago because i found the topics being debated interesting. And you didn't get the arrogant smarmy types one finds on Gallifrey Base. Then a week later the infighting started. I am not taking sides but i find it very frustrating. Especially when it sunk to the level of "D'ya wanna fight?"

As for the Nazi sympathiser guy - can't he just be blocked?

Anyway it would be a shame if the forum closed down but i don't think i am reliable enough to take it over so i can't offer to do so.

A part of me wonders if the Nazi guy was a parody account. He started out reasonably mild. He even said he didn't mind a female Doctor (I kid you not.) Then overnight he degenerated into a fucking misogynistic pyscho going on about women being whores and deserving to be raped. His comments about misjudging the Virgin New Adventures because Ace got raped in one of them were the most horrifying.

Now I think he might have been the incel version of BeKind IE a parody that's not far off what these fucking loonies think. PS I am NOT BeKind btw. I wish I could have taken credit for that great bit of satire but I'm not him. For all we know the Nazi guy and BeKind are the same person having a laugh at both. Its a sad state of affairs though that in the current political climate we can't tell the fucking difference either way.

There isn't really anything else to say about the show anymore. We won. We were proven right that it would be a disaster and that's all there is to say about it now.

Even Big Finish isn't worth bothering with anymore.

I guess last thing to say is whoever BeKind actually is, will you come forward? Big Grin

16Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 12:32 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I assumed Kaled was being at least a little tongue-in-cheek with some of the posts.
Don't know why he would the delete his account though.

He also came across as extremely anxious with his 20+ edits on some of his posts.

I don't know about whoever's account it was supposed to be.

Regardless, I found the guy entertaining tbh.

17Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 12:44 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I'd be happy to do it, alone or alongside someone else. Aside from some of the more blatant vandalism and lunacy of recent weeks, it's not like this place needs much in the way of active maintenance.

18Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 4:56 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

ClockworkOcean wrote:some of the more blatant vandalism and lunacy of recent weeks

Question is, if you were mod, would you actually do anything about the members who actually started it?

I doubt it.

Whereas I'd end the drama right away, at its roots, permanently.

And there'd be no sleazy nepotism about how I'd do it.

Last edited by Tanmann on 20th April 2019, 6:22 am; edited 5 times in total

19Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 5:26 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:A part of me wonders if the Nazi guy was a parody account. He even said he didn't mind a female Doctor (I kid you not.) Then overnight he degenerated into a fucking misogynistic pyscho going on about women being whores and deserving to be raped. His comments about misjudging the Virgin New Adventures because Ace got raped in one of them were the most horrifying.

Now I think he might have been the incel version of BeKind IE a parody that's not far off what these fucking loonies think.

He wasn't a parody.

I spoke to him via PM a few times. Infact it was the first thing I did when I joined and was the only real reason I did (the drama with Bryan happened after and ended up coinciding). Like I said, I've encountered him on a few forums spouting his Incel worldview, and this was the first time in a while I saw an opportunity to talk some sense into him.

I also found him mild at first in PM communications, but he became an emotional labour quite quickly. And like I said, despite encountering him before, his Nazi-sympathizing rhetoric was new to me.

At first I thought it was an extension of his autistic need to believe in the letter of Warriors of the Deep's insane pacifism (something me and him *inevitably* discussed a few times). Namely that if pacifism had to be the answer in all scenarios because the Doctor says so, then it applies to World War II, and therefore the reason he comes up with for why we shouldn't have even fought the Nazis is because, well maybe they weren't that bad.... and that would lead him to the 'Holocaust denier' nonsense.

That's where pacifism usually leads. Making the most despicable excuses for appeasing an aggressor.

So I really don't think he was a parody. I can't divulge too much of what he told me via PM but he sounded very sincere about his troubled past, autism, isolation and paranoia (including about the freemasons).

Sometimes as Tiberius pointed out, he would put it in an almost awkwardly bad humoured, tongue in cheek way, but it was like he was letting us in on some private sick joke of his that only he got, and there was always the genuine rage behind it.

The main thing is that I think he'd deliberately constructed his world-view to isolate himself from any attempts to reach him, hence why sometimes he'd say things just for shock value. Whenever I thought I was making progress in beginning to de-radicalize him he'd double down on the unreasonable and completely retreat from me. Quite a few times I worried he'd decided to commit suicide, and that worry was followed by a guilty feeling that maybe he was better off dead and the world might be a safer place if he had.

My last best hope would be that if nothing else I'd get enough personal or contact details from him that I could alert the authorities that he might need monitoring to prevent him actually going out and harming people (or indeed himself), given we know what Elliott Rodger did, and Kaled definitely had expressed warped sympathies with him. The most I got from him was a first name of Adam, and a vague location of Chester, and even then that might be an alias.

It is of course possible that the guy was just a narcissist trying to gain attention through shock. I have encountered narcissists like that who could be sincere for a time but become just as slippery in communication when they wanted to hide something, and then the rage would quickly come out.

But basically no matter how hard I tried, from whatever angle, there just seemed to be no way of reasoning with him.

20Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 8:40 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

The place would be more fun if completely un-modded like Redux used to be before it closed down and everyone migrated to the original Leisure Hive forum.

Yes, it means a bear-pit fight-city and trolls can spam the fuck out of the place which can be annoying, but at least it means that it maintains a degree of life.

'Cos let's face it, as far as the programme goes there isn't really a huge deal to dissect or talk about anymore...it's frankly dull.

In my view, moderation often causes more problems than it actually solves.

Most trolls end up getting ridiculed the fuck off the board anyway without any moderation needed - they often just completely humiliate themselves.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

21Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 8:43 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

No, Rob.

That's how we got into this mess in the first place.

Your paranoid attitude to 'trolls' as you put it, is the reason we aren't able to get sufficient new blood to want any part in a hostile, cliquey forum, and the reason why grudges are never settled maturely to this very day.

The Redux days are long over. Let it go.

Live in the now.

22Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 8:49 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:In my view, moderation often causes more problems than it actually solves.

Well I'd be different, Rob. As long as hatchets are buried from hereon I can be a very easy-going mod.

What's past will be past, and whoever wants to stay can stay.

23Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 9:04 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Tanmann wrote:Your paranoid attitude to 'trolls' as you put it, is the reason we aren't able to get sufficient new blood to want any part in a hostile, cliquey forum.

Nonsense.

If I were a mod I'd ban you for holding the very life-long grudges and transparent vendettas you hypocritically espouse to be against.

That's why I don't believe in modding - it gives an unfair advantage to one set of opinions.

I doubt you have the brains to understand that.

and it was the entertainingly hostile and fractious environment on Redux which brought new blood in after chomping on the popcorn and being bystanders.

Modding just brings in a sterile echo-chamber environment of which you purport to be against.

That's not being nostalgic or lamenting the past, it's stating an unequivocal fact.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

24Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 9:20 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:If I were a mod I'd ban you for holding the very life-long grudges and transparent vendettas you hypocritically espouse to be against.

What do you mean hypocritically?

You're the one who likes Warriors of the Deep. A vindictive, petty-minded story tailored for satisfying the undying grudges of the cranks of fandom if ever there was one.

That's why I don't believe in modding - it gives an unfair advantage to one set of opinions.

And yet this place remains an echo chamber regardless.

I doubt you have the brains to understand that.

So you're saying the value of having free opinions is that it allows you to have a ridiculous ego unchallenged without self-awareness of being completely past it now?

and it was the entertainingly hostile and fractious environment on Redux which brought new blood in after chomping on the popcorn and being bystanders.

I think that effect has worn off now Rob.

That's not being nostalgic or lamenting the past

Of course it is. You clearly can't move on.

Everything else you've said is just trite platitudes.

25Who Wants it Then? Empty Re: Who Wants it Then? 20th April 2019, 9:40 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

...... and no reply.

Guess he can't back up what he meant about my supposed 'hypocrisy'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum