TheTimeTraveller
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Mott1
burrunjor
Rawkuss
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? 17th March 2020, 5:24 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

For years until recently you were able to leave a comment under these articles on RadioTimes.com.

Luckily for us Radio Times has taken away that ability of pesky free speech.

Thank god we now live in a world where the BBC tell us what to watch, how to watch and how to think.

27Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? 17th March 2020, 5:47 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I mean, it's still not great, but at least they didn't outright remove the story. It's honestly more like the early PSA's they do for the past Looney Tunes cartoons, so I don't mind it.

28Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? 17th March 2020, 5:49 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Well, even if they do try to erase it from history, I got 4 copies on VHS.

29Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? 17th March 2020, 10:42 pm

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

I view it as a great story that has elements that have not aged well.

In the case of Li Hsen Chan, while this is blatant yellow-face, the character is actually very intreasting. As pointed out he only speaks pigeon english depending on who he's talking to, this is a trick he uses to hide how intelligent he is and make fools out of the ignorant. To other's he speaks perfectly, but with a slight accent. He's also not evil, just a man following his faith in a false god who is abusing his control over Chan. As is made clear befor his death, all he really wanted was to be wealth, famous and respected, like any man would. He never ment for things to ever go this far.

30Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? 17th March 2020, 11:19 pm

iank

iank

The answer is no, and the time has come to move the fuck on.
That we're having "controversy" about something made over 40 years ago shows just how much of a regressive, spineless snowflake generation society has succeeded in creating.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

31Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Talons of Weng-Chiang Racist? 17th March 2020, 11:46 pm

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

iank wrote:The answer is no, and the time has come to move the fuck on.
That we're having "controversy" about something made over 40 years ago shows just how much of a regressive, spineless snowflake generation society has succeeded in creating.

Oh I agree. When I watched it for the first time till now, the thought has never crossed my mind. Hell what pisses me off more is when those idiots get up in arms about thing that are even older such as H.P. Lovecraft and so one.

Hopefully the Corona Virus will remind humanity that their are real issues in the world we need to worry about rather the crying like babies about old works of fiction that don't match up with modern snowflake sensibilities.

On the subject these people get up in arms over yellow-face, yet half of them are trying to clame to be related from an different nationality but are whiter then now, while the other half are attempting to create reverse xenophobia via shit like cultural appropriation. Or just being racest towards people with pale skin tons.

Total Fucking Idiots with no sense of irony.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum