You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst Performances in Classic Who - any characters.

+9
Pepsi Maxil
bryanbraddock
Richayard
Mott1
Genkimonk
Rawkuss
Boofer
Rob Filth
burrunjor
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I agree that she's hot but Nicola Bryant's acting was truly awful. Her performance in Planet of Fire is unbelievably bad. "Howaaaarrdddd."

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Lord Nimon. Loooorrrddd Niii-Mon! LORD NIMON?

Mott1

Mott1

May I nominate Daniel Peacock for the Daniel Peacock award, for playing Daniel Peacock? For some reason he's credited for playing Nord in Greatest Show In The Galaxy, not Daniel Peacock!

PS I do actually have very fond memories of that story nonetheless...

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Commander Maxil wrote:I agree that she's hot but Nicola Bryant's acting was truly awful. Her performance in Planet of Fire is unbelievably bad. "Howaaaarrdddd."  

Nicola Bryant: the Caroline Munro of Doctor Who.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

TheTimeTraveller wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:I agree that she's hot but Nicola Bryant's acting was truly awful. Her performance in Planet of Fire is unbelievably bad. "Howaaaarrdddd."  

Nicola Bryant: the Caroline Munro of Doctor Who.

I've always thought Caroline Munro was rather good.

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

For me the standouts aren't companions who've all had wonderful and awful moments over the years even the sainted lis.
My choices would have to be:

Rick James as Cotton in The Mutants:
"Ayyy Stubbsy"

Jenny Laird as Neska in Planet Of The Spiders:
"Sabor, my husband, my love! Why did you do it? Why?, why why?

Jason Connery as Jondar in Vengance on Varos:
"Just like ComTec design to put a real monster immediately beyond an imaginary one"

Jenny Tomasin as Tasambeker in Revelation of the Daleks:
"The Great Healer has ordered you dead!"

And Tania Rogers as Zilda in the Robots Of Death:
"You did it, Uvanov. You thought you'd get away with it, didn't you.You filthy murderer!"

Richayard

Leeee John

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Richayard wrote:Leeee John
That has to be one of the most bizarre performances ever.
I think JNT just told him to get stoned, and creepily flirt with everyone.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tegan's cousin and his mate. Shockingly bad pair.

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

As much as I bloody love 'Horror of Fang Rock', I cringe when watching Annette Woollett as the supremely annoying Adelaide. Especially the scene where she gets hysterical and Leela slaps her.

iank

iank

But she's meant to be annoying. I don't see that in any way as a bad performance. She's meant to be a spoiled pain in the arse.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

iank wrote:But she's meant to be annoying. I don't see that in any way as a bad performance. She's meant to be a spoiled pain in the arse.

Maybe, - I'll have to watch it again to be sure.  Been yonks since I last saw it, but tbh, I'm a bit Tom-ed out at the moment, what with Scratchman and my current Big Finish Baker Marathon. Big Grin

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Lord NIM-onnnnn

Rumford

Rumford

David Brierly as K9. There I said it. Leeson's K9 has a great, tight assed prissy, precise way of talking, very clipped and as it should be for a computer and then we get way too much personality from Brierly, who's practically conversational and sounds like a camp old thespian.

Rumford

Rumford

I had State of Decay on audio tape as a kid along with a few others, taped off the tele, and I pretty much memorised all of State of Decay (and apparently an entire A Team episode, I'd forgot until I heard it showing off A Team to my g/f who's never seen it before) and a few interesting things stand out from memory. Tom has peculiar way of enunciating sometimes, and the "listen K9 I'm a stowaway" line sounds like MW rehearsed it about a million times just before he came on set, and has an unusual musical patter to it, probably from listening to it too many times. Also K9's neck makes a helluva noise during a dialogue scene. Oddly I'm not that into audiobooks, but it's really interesting to hear the show without the visuals. It's only cos I listened to those tapes so many times the dialogue is stuck in my head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum