You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst Performances in Classic Who - any characters.

+9
Pepsi Maxil
bryanbraddock
Richayard
Mott1
Genkimonk
Rawkuss
Boofer
Rob Filth
burrunjor
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Boofer

Boofer

Anything with Sophie Aldred.

Bonnie Langford.

Big Grin

burrunjor

burrunjor

I quite like Sophie Aldred but I did agree with Mr Happy and Rob Filth's assertion that her acting can get quite cringy at times when she mistakes shouting for acting.

"MUM I'M SORRY" is the worst bit as is the BOOOOOOM bit from Battlefield.

I'd say the worst guest performance is Cotton from The Mutants. Dreadful performance, almost like a parody.

I also always laughed at the guy getting choked in Keys of Marinus. "eeehhhhh help me, help me". He seemed mildly bothered at best LOL

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tasambeker in Revelation. I love that story to death but I can't help but cover my eyes when she has her little outburst at Jobel in part two. I'm sure there's worse but she sticks out in my mind.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:Tasambeker in Revelation. I love that story to death but I can't help but cover my eyes when she has her little outburst at Jobel in part two. I'm sure there's worse but she sticks out in my mind.

I loved the final fight she had with Jobel personally. Not saying her acting was great but that's the highlight of the story for me. Its brilliant the way Jobel is such a cunt. This woman is having a breakdown in front of him and he is having a great wee time.

Everything about the way she kills him is gold too, from the way he refers to himself in third person as he is dying "what have you done, you've killed Jobel, you can't have killed Jobel" to the fact that NOBODY helps him when he is stabbed because he is such a cunt, to finally his wig falling off LOL I love the way that the actor who played Jobel suggested that as a final humiliation for the nasty, horrible little man.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

How can nobody have mentioned Matthew Waterhouse!

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor wrote:I quite like Sophie Aldred but I did agree with Mr Happy and Rob Filth's assertion that her acting can get quite cringy at times when she mistakes shouting for acting.

"MUM I'M SORRY" is the worst bit as is the BOOOOOOM bit from Battlefield.

I'd say the worst guest performance is Cotton from The Mutants. Dreadful performance, almost like a parody.

I also always laughed at the guy getting choked in Keys of Marinus. "eeehhhhh help me, help me". He seemed mildly bothered at best LOL

Is Cotton the Black Guy that was written as a cockney and they hired somebody with a thick rasta accent? Can't remember which one that is but it mentions the miscasting in the extras/commentary so if it is then that wasn't really his fault, the poor sod.

Boofer wrote:Anything with Sophie Aldred.

Bonnie Langford.

Big Grin

I like the pep and enthusiasm that she infused the character with but... I dunno, I am quite forgiving of her. In the same way, I wouldn't blame Nicola for having such a badly written character.

Deborah Watling in the BBV Yeti was atrocious. Not sure she was really all that great on the series but BBV spin offs just seem to make former companions ham it up to epic proportions

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

iank

iank

If we're going to be silly enough to include Sophie Rolling Eyes then I cannot not nominate Lis Sladen, whose dreadful performances in several stories such as Ark in Space and Brain of Morbius really were straight out of pantomime. The superb thespian talents of Janet Fielding cannot be overlooked also. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

You haven't seen Shakedown, have you?

iank

iank

I have. It's fine. I still think Seal focusing on Soph to bash is hilarious given the same could be said for many companions (including Sladen, Ford, Watling and most of the other 80s companions) if we're going to be equally uncharitable. Fact is, Sophie still had way more charisma and presence on screen than the likes of Sutton or Fielding, so it just seems rather childish to me. But then, it is Seal, I know. Big Grin

Boofer

Boofer

iank wrote:I have. It's fine. I still think Seal focusing on Soph to bash is hilarious given the same could be said for many companions (including Sladen, Ford, Watling and most of the other 80s companions) if we're going to be equally uncharitable. Fact is, Sophie still had way more charisma and presence on screen than the likes of Sutton or Fielding, so it just seems rather childish to me. But then, it is Seal, I know. Big Grin

Eh? LOL

I'm not focussing on her at all old boy.

She's just the first actor that comes to mind when thinking about bad acting in the classic series.

Let's face it, she hardly broke Hollywood after her stellar performances in Doctor Who.

Ford and Watling were pretty poor too, but Sladen...come on now, that's just a massive trolling exercise. She wasn't brilliant, but she wasn't as weak and amateurish as Aldred. Big Grin

Boofer

Boofer

Mr. Herpes wrote:You haven't seen Shakedown, have you?

LOL LOL LOL LOL

It's a shame McCrap didn't turn up in a kiddies pedal car to play the spoons on a Sontaran's head while gurning inanely.

Then it would have been perfect. LOL

Boofer

Boofer

The reason why you don't hear of anyone who bedded Bonnie Langford in the 80s is because they all snuffed it after her exuberantly energetic and zealous 18 hour sex sessions made their hearts give out. Apparently Sylv had to be resuscitated in the back of lighting truck after Bonnie jumped him and tied him to a mixing console for several hours.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Don't you start on McCoy or I will set Clayton on you - then you will be sorry!

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Boofer, if your posts are in anyway representative of the contents of your mind then it must be like aDW orientated version of Viz in there LOL!

Boofer

Boofer

Many psychiatrists have tried to dissect what's going on in my head, mainly through the orbital bone.

iank

iank

Lis Sladen sucked often. I'm not trolling, she had a real tendency to go for the "hammy children's TV" style of performance IMO. Big Grin

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

And Katy Manning would never do that LOL

iank

iank

Oh, she did. Big Grin

Boofer

Boofer

Excuse me, but look at the arsebeard on this lads!

Worst Performances in Classic Who - any characters. 0710

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

You should have shooped Sophie Aldred's face on that photo Mr Boofer.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

OK, who was worse out of Richard Briers and Matthew Waterhouse? One was hammy, the other inexperienced. Ken Dodd was a bit hammy but it suited his character and the tone of the story. Imagine Delta and the Bannermen or Time and the Rani with Waterhouse in

Boofer

Boofer

Check out this wonderful piece of acting from Waterhouse. I advise you to pay special attention to the way he enters the console room. He struts and grins as if he can't quite believe he's been handed a role in a prime time TV show.

His final line in the scene is inadvertently perceptive.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

LOL That was one of his better pieces of acting. Poor old Matthew, he seems like such a nice guy and maybe a competent actor now. His writing seems to be doing OK.

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

I always thought the chap who played Davros in Destiny was the absolute worst.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum