Issue One Content

+3
Zarius
iank
burrunjor
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 2:15 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I will have a look when I can get around to creating a word press account, Though, I am happy to trust your judgement Smile

Would be nice if somebody could do a counter article praising Kill the Moon but I don't see anybody queuing to do that Smile

27Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 2:21 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Does it say you need an account? The blog was on private but I thought it let you still see the files when they're linked. I've made it public now so you should be able to read it.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

28Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 2:58 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Adam Ant Driver wrote:I've uploaded an 11 page pdf of what we have so far, my professor why story isn't finished so that will be longer in the final version. You can see it here.

I thought it'd be best to show something now so everyone can suggest any changes to the layout and post any images they want including in articles, maybe a different into. It's easier to change what we have now and make sure the added pages follow the same style than change every page at the end.

Ah, I can see it now. Looks pretty straightforward. Don't forget to put the URL of the forum in there somewhere prominent to draw a few posters in. Arrow

29Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 5:18 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Looks like it's shaping up well, I like the layout of the Kill the Moon piece as well as the science lesson as part of the commentary, outlining just when nonsense in Doctor Who is unacceptable in telling a broad story. Edutaining.

What I liked most about it is it concentrates on the logic rather than the sentiment, so you don't get another typicale piece slamming the story because they're sick of Clara.

30Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 6:02 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Thanks, I was worried it was getting a bit ranty in the first half. I don't really have a problem with the first 15 mins. It's just the end that lets it down. I was going to go into the moralising at the end as well but I would have to rewatch the episode. Smile

31Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 7:16 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Well done, on the two short stories. lads. Choosing to a Class one was an interesting choice as was focusing on the character of Ram, what attracted you to that character?

The Parody was also quite enjoyable. I am sure the answer is going to be really obvious, but how did you arrive at the name Mesomites?

32Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 7:25 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I developed a bit of an interest in Ram as the series progressed, it was mainly because he was the one that had the more harrowing things done to him for someone more "normal" than the rest.

33Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 22nd February 2017, 7:31 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Rawkuss wrote:I am sure the answer is going to be really obvious, but how did you arrive at the name Mesomites?
I had mesomorph and decided to change it up a bit. Nothing more. Smile

34Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 15th June 2017, 2:28 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Is this still happening?

35Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 15th June 2017, 6:19 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

I don't know. We didn't really do much and I'm out of ideas. Rawkuss came up with the fanzine idea so I guess it's up to him.

The forum now has a publication feature that can be activated, allowing members to post articles. We could give that a try and just post stuff when it's done instead of trying to put together issues.

I've activated it and copied the introduction to let you see how it works. Publications now appears on the menu bar under the logo.

36Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 15th June 2017, 8:07 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I've got a few more fanfics I could add, I'll see if I can get the ball rolling

37Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 15th June 2017, 8:10 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Adam Ant Driver wrote:I don't know. We didn't really do much and I'm out of ideas. Rawkuss came up with the fanzine idea so I guess it's up to him.

The forum now has a publication feature that can be activated, allowing members to post articles. We could give that a try and just post stuff when it's done instead of trying to put together issues.

I've activated it and copied the introduction to let you see how it works. Publications now appears on the menu bar under the logo.

I think the publication feature is a better choice for ease and convenience plus we don't have a lot of material and a link to articles is probably more accessible. Has burrunjor's article come in yet?

38Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 15th June 2017, 8:48 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Not yet. I don't know if he even started writing it.

39Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 20th July 2017, 12:23 am

The Talking Cabbage

The Talking Cabbage

Two ideas for the 'zine:

'The Script Doctor' - In this proposed section, contributors get to 'fix' the most egregious Old/Nu Who stories with improved endings, scenes or even complete rewrites. In time, this could also encapsulate spin-off media, like the New Adventures, the comics etc.

'Mash-Up Monster of the Month' - Here, a writer makes a case for a monster or monsters from other franchises as being ideal adversaries for the Doctor. The criteria would, of course, be behind-the-sofa terror, ability to massacre mooks/UNIT troops, pathos/gothic horror, a Whovian vibe, near-invincibility and, of course, being the kind of foe who has to be out-thought rather than out-fought.

Examples might include:  The Predator, The Blind Dead, The Thing From Another World, The Terminator/Skynet and Doctor Sun from the old Tomb of Dracula comics...

40Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 20th July 2017, 5:32 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I sent something in ages ago and it's yet to be validated

41Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 1:08 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Zarius wrote:I sent something in ages ago and it's yet to be validated

I have saved it as a draft. Do you want your real name on it? Also, I am having a little problem with the formatting. The way it is displayed in the PDF that Adam posted nearly every line is a separate paragraph. The software puts a line space between each paragraph which I think looks a bit messy. I have saved it as a draft, can you see it and what are your preferences over formatting?

Adam, I have saved it as a separate publication is that the right thing to do for another article or should they all be in the same one somehow?

42Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 1:09 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The Talking Cabbage wrote:Two ideas for the 'zine:

'The Script Doctor' - In this proposed section, contributors get to 'fix' the most egregious Old/Nu Who stories with improved endings, scenes or even complete rewrites. In time, this could also encapsulate spin-off media, like the New Adventures, the comics etc.

'Mash-Up Monster of the Month' - Here, a writer makes a case for a monster or monsters from other franchises as being ideal adversaries for the Doctor. The criteria would, of course, be behind-the-sofa terror, ability to massacre mooks/UNIT troops, pathos/gothic horror, a Whovian vibe, near-invincibility and, of course, being the kind of foe who has to be out-thought rather than out-fought.

Examples might include:  The Predator, The Blind Dead, The Thing From Another World, The Terminator/Skynet and Doctor Sun from the old Tomb of Dracula comics...

Thanks for the ideas. Are they something you want to write up or are you happy for someone else to do them?

43Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 1:22 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Does anyone know what the dimensions for the picture to fill the box should be?

44Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 1:31 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Zarius wrote:I sent something in ages ago and it's yet to be validated

Oh, I see what you mean now. I was trying to do two sides to this wall.

I don't know how to validate. In fact, I don't think I can.

45Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 2:15 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Bugger, I got the formatting sorted but got the name wrong on the art. I can't edit it no it's gone in for validation

46Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 3:18 pm

The Talking Cabbage

The Talking Cabbage

Rawkus wrote:Thanks for the ideas. Are they something you want to write up or are you happy for someone else to do them?

I might dabble later on, but I'm very busy at the moment. If I can contribute later on, that would be great!

47Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 8:53 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

I didn't know anything had been posted, I'll see if I can change the settings to remove the need for validation. Both posts are now up so you should be able to edit them if you need to.

Rawkus wrote:Does anyone know what the dimensions for the picture to fill the box should be?
The default image is 980x550.

48Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 21st July 2017, 8:54 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Ah, thanks for that.

49Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 24th December 2019, 9:43 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

When is issue two.

50Issue One Content - Page 2 Empty Re: Issue One Content 3rd January 2020, 1:17 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

When was issue one?

I somehow got steered into heading the project, I think it was cos I suggested it. I never really had the time or appetite for it. If anybody wants to give it a go they should.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum