The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which is the worst Nu Who episode, and why is it the worst?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Fear Her is another one I loathe. The writer has since come out and said that it wasn't written for the older fans and that young kids enjoyed it, but I was seven in 2006 and even I thought it was rubbish. It doesn't ruin the legacy of the show or anything, but it's probably the most boring episode ever made with little to no redeeming qualities to speak of.

Maxil McCoy wrote:Fear Her is another one I loathe. The writer has since come out and said that it wasn't written for the older fans and that young kids enjoyed it, but I was seven in 2006 and even I thought it was rubbish. It doesn't ruin the legacy of the show or anything, but it's probably the most boring episode ever made with little to no redeeming qualities to speak of.

At seven you were probably too old to enjoy Fear Her!

The only reason to rewatch it is to work out who's the worst actor out of Tennant, the kid and Huw Edwards playing himself.

Look, I get the point behind bottle episodes and/or Doctor Lite ones from a budgetary/actor time point of view but these were definitely two episodes it would have been better to cut the episode count by one (or more) and put the money into the other episodes.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some sort of contractual situation that makes this less straightforward than this sounds, though.

View user profile
The woman who fell to earth.
Kept praying for her to fall off the crane and regenerate into a proper male doctor.
Barrowman.

JNT gives us an extreme Doctor, in the way that Rob Liefeld comics, Poochie from the Simpsons, and Mountain Dew Code Red are extreme: A crude version of the good stuff that equates being louder with being more awesome.
The obnoxiousness of the Doctor's personality might have worked better if they hired someone who could actually act, but all the audience got was horrible OTT pantomiming flaring nostrils.
View user profile
Ouch! LOL

View user profile
Watched about 10 minutes, wasn't too bad until Nurse Who turned up. She's awful, and I can't take her seriously for a second. Nah, it's not for me anymore, I'm out.

View user profile
I'd say that many flaws are outweighed by political injects. A badly written episode is pretty harmless, possibly enjoyable. An episode that insults you and/or a large part of the audience with a contra-intellectual basis: that's not just 'bad', it's anti-art. I'd rather watch Love and Monsters.

View user profile
@iank wrote:Watched about 10 minutes, wasn't too bad until Nurse Who turned up. She's awful, and I can't take her seriously for a second. Nah, it's not for me anymore, I'm out.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

See? I was right! I told you that your curiosity would eventually get the better of you. Laughing

View user profile
Not for long!

View user profile
The Ghost Monument, another dismal failure. At least we can all agree that Jodie Whittaker sucking has nothing to do with her gender. She just sucks.

JNT gives us an extreme Doctor, in the way that Rob Liefeld comics, Poochie from the Simpsons, and Mountain Dew Code Red are extreme: A crude version of the good stuff that equates being louder with being more awesome.
The obnoxiousness of the Doctor's personality might have worked better if they hired someone who could actually act, but all the audience got was horrible OTT pantomiming flaring nostrils.
View user profile
LOL I'm astonished you're even still watching. The Hive now officially gives so few fucks we can't even be bothered to do individual episode threads anymore. Big Grin

View user profile
@Lunchtoiletdweller wrote:The Ghost Monument, another dismal failure. At least we can all agree that Jodie Whittaker sucking has nothing to do with her gender. She just sucks.

wtf?
I never made this post
You guys need to check ur security
cunts

View user profile
Check your own password first! LOL LOL

View user profile
ToiletMan's now having blackouts. Oh dear...

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum