You are not connected. Please login or register

The ideal length for a movie?

3 posters

The ideal length for a movie?

The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_lcap0%The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_lcap50%The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_lcap50%The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_lcap0%The ideal length for a movie? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The ideal length for a movie? Empty The ideal length for a movie? 27th April 2020, 11:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It depends what the movie is. I generally prefer movies to be only 80 to 90 minutes long. If it's something like Superman: The Movie then I don't mind if it's longer than two hours.

2The ideal length for a movie? Empty Re: The ideal length for a movie? 27th April 2020, 11:30 pm

iank

iank

These days, with my attention span, 90 minutes. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3The ideal length for a movie? Empty Re: The ideal length for a movie? 28th April 2020, 1:32 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

An hour and fifty minutes generally seems to be the length of my favourite films.

But films vary in the type of film they are and the type of length they need to have to fully breathe and let their story develop an organic life. A film like Once Upon a Time in America certainly would have lost something if it was cut down to half its length. Ditto for Betty Blue.

Sometimes though long films are allowed to get too indulgent by directors who need to learn when to become the required ruthless editor prepared to kill their own darlings. And there are always going to be those films today that may have two and a half hours of length but certainly don't have two and a half hours of decent content.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum