You are not connected. Please login or register

Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence Empty Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence 22nd April 2020, 9:40 am

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

I've always wondered about this.

In a magazine image it's depicted as the Golden style emperor from the old comics, yet if from what I remember it in was treated like the immobile, city emperor from Evil of the Daleks.

which is is?

Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence 220px-The_Golden_Emperor_Dalek

Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence P00v1zw7

2Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence Empty Re: Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence 22nd April 2020, 10:18 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

The Golden Emperor was clearly inspired by the Mekon from Dan Dare. It was given more of a personality, it had a massive domed head to signal having a bigger brain.

The Mekon and the Treens were the blue print for the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Ice Warriors.

All three evil conquerering monsters, who all looked similar except for their leader, who had a more domed shaped head.

For me the Evil Emperor was therefore better as it was a breakaway from the norm and more spectacular.

3Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence Empty Re: Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence 22nd April 2020, 10:29 am

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

burrunjor wrote:The Golden Emperor was clearly inspired by the Mekon from Dan Dare. It was given more of a personality, it had a massive domed head to signal having a bigger brain.

The Mekon and the Treens were the blue print for the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Ice Warriors.

All three evil conquerering monsters, who all looked similar except for their leader, who had a more domed shaped head.

For me the Evil Emperor was therefore better as it was a breakaway from the norm and more spectacular.

I agree, while I like the Imperial Dalek Emperor, the original Evil Emperor is by far my faviort design and in personality.

The main factor that causes me to question the type of Emperor was use in Empire is a scene, which I only half remember, he's engaged in a psychic battle and is attached to "Psychic Circuits" or something to that effects. that combined with the fact that I cannot recall the emperor ever shooting anyone leads me to view the Dalek Empire Emperor as being the Evil of the Daleks one.

4Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence Empty Re: Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence 22nd April 2020, 4:14 pm

Ludders

Ludders

The golden emperor first appeared in the 1964 'Dalek Book', and then The Daleks comic strips in 'TV Comic', which were eventually reprinted all together in a single special magazine in 1994.
I had The Dalek Book when I was a kid, and personally would love to have seen the golden emperor realised on screen.

Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence Doctor-specialthe-dalek-chronicles_360_46d69b0da508701fc870fa3649c70c9a

5Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence Empty Re: Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence 24th April 2020, 10:05 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think in the audios it's always meant to be the giant Emperor from Evil.

Or as I like to call him, The Notorious B.I.G.

6Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence Empty Re: Dalek Empire - Emperor Apperence 25th April 2020, 7:22 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

It is the giant emporer, but has had some redesign.

In The Mutant Phase the Doctor says "It looks like we've both had a face-lift since we last met."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum