You are not connected. Please login or register

The BBC shits on Terry Pratchett's grave

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

The BBC's rampage of cultural vandalism has reached an all-time low with the decision to repurpose Terry Pratchett's Discworld series into a propaganda vehicle for identity politics only five years after his death. This was already a liberal, progressive series renound for tackling social issues in thoughtful, funny and imaginative ways. But no, the SJWs have clearly deemed Pratchett's approach too subtle for the plebs, too respectful of audience intelligence, and decided that they can do better.

Pratchett's daughter Rhianna - who he appointed the custodian of his legacy before he died - was originally involved, but now isn't for reasons unknown. She also posted this tweet tacitly distancing this guaranteed trainwreck from her father's legacy.

The BBC shits on Terry Pratchett's grave Killme10

In what must be a new record even for our current woke "entertainment" industry, it's already been announced that at least FOUR major characters are being gender-swapped - three male to female, one female to "non-binary" (played by a man), the latter being Cheery Littlebottom, whose arc was based on her decision to express her femininity within a culture in which it was considered shameful. Yet another case of the "feminist" left throwing women under the bus in service of postmodern gender ideology.

At least two are also being race-swapped, in one case with disastrous consequences - not directly because of the race swap, but because the BBC's woke writers clearly regard black actors as political footballs rather than human beings. Instead of just letting a black actor portray the unambiguously villainous Carcer Dun as he was originally written, they've apparently turned the character into an innocent victim of law enforcement persecution framed for his alleged crimes. Congratulations BBC, you've now sunk to the point of limiting the sort of roles a black man can play due to the colour of his skin... but we're the racists, of course. Rolling Eyes

FFS, hurry up and shitcan the license fee. Evil or Very Mad

Facepalm

Mott1

Mott1

Sadly this news doesn't much surprise me, after witnessing what did to King Lear recently. I wonder if Anthony Hopkins knew what he was signing up for?

iank

iank

Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Mott1

Mott1

It's a shame, as 2006's adaptation of The Hogfather was charming, funny and respectful, and this seems merely to be aimed at Guardian reviewers and readers. I'm not entirely sure the source material gets fully absorbed by the teams in charge of BBC adaptations these days...

Like their recent drama Noughts and Crosses I can't tell who their current output is aimed at!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum