You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerry Anderson appreciation thread.

+3
Fendelman
Tanmann
REDACTED
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 28th March 2020, 12:16 pm

REDACTED

An appreciation thread for the creator of many classic series such as Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Stingray, Space 1999 and UFO.

2Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 28th March 2020, 12:20 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I definitely got a lot of childhood joy out of Thunderbirds, Stingray and Captain Scarlet (I even made my own paper mache Tracy Island back then.... until it turned mouldy and had to be chucked). A lot of Captain Scarlet still holds up incredibly well to me now.

I must give UFO a proper watch sometime.

3Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 28th March 2020, 4:39 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I've watched Space 1999 all the way through a few times (and have about half of it on VHS). Missing Link is probably my favorite episode. I've never seen any of the other shows.

4Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 28th March 2020, 6:00 pm

Ken Grubshaw

Ken Grubshaw

Indrid Mercury wrote:An appreciation thread for the creator of many classic series such as Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Stingray, Space 1999 and UFO.

Do you mind if I stay at your place until this virus thing blows over? Didn't think so.

5Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 28th March 2020, 6:03 pm

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Along with Who and Star Trek,  I was an avid fan of most of the Anderson shows as a kid (apart from, strangely enough, The Secret Service and The Protectors). Joe 90 seems to be the first one I remember watching, although I liked UFO the best. One of the first films I saw at the cinema was Anderson's Doppelganger - which I found strange and enjoyable, even if I didn't really understand it. I didn't learn to appreciate Thunderbirds until many years later, following the repeats in the '90s. We had the Thunderbirds March playing at our wedding.  Big Grin

6Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 28th March 2020, 6:49 pm

REDACTED

Ken Grubshaw wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:An appreciation thread for the creator of many classic series such as Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Stingray, Space 1999 and UFO.

Do you mind if I stay at your place until this virus thing blows over? Didn't think so.

So, Primrose Hill Pets had enough of you did they? Wink

7Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 29th March 2020, 7:34 pm

Ludders

Ludders

UFO is the one I remember best. 1970 was such a brilliant year to be 7. Those aliens scared the crap outta me. 😂
Captain Scarlet is the other one I remember well, but UFO being live action was much more effective.

8Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 30th March 2020, 6:50 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

I'm showing my age, I know, but 1970 was indeed a glorious year to be a seven-year-old.  On the telly, we were spoiled with Star Trek, Pertwee's Doctor Who and my favourite at the time, UFO.

Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Aaa_uf10

9Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 30th March 2020, 10:17 am

Ludders

Ludders

Great to see that annual again!

10Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. Empty Re: Gerry Anderson appreciation thread. 30th March 2020, 2:17 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Yep I remember that annual as well Big Grin
Absolutely loved UFO! Was a great time to be a kid back then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum