You are not connected. Please login or register

Night Gallery

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Night Gallery Empty Night Gallery 24th March 2020, 3:00 pm

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

At home, currently enjoying Season Three of Night Gallery.  
While nowhere near as good as Serling's The Twilight Zone, Night Gallery still has a creepy, cheesy '70's charm all of its own.
Any fans here?

Night Gallery Aaa_ro10

2Night Gallery Empty Re: Night Gallery 24th March 2020, 6:07 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I like Night Gallery. I have a few episodes on VHS. There are some really good episodes in there, but it's not that consistent. Overall, I think that while it wasn't nearly as good as the original Twilight Zone or Outer Limits, it was better than any of the remakes.

3Night Gallery Empty Re: Night Gallery 24th March 2020, 8:29 pm

Ludders

Ludders

As you guys say; it's a bit disappointing after The Twilight Zone, but it's worth a look. Can't say I've ever felt compelled to watch it again though.

4Night Gallery Empty Re: Night Gallery 25th March 2020, 8:59 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Season 1 was very good -  slightly silly but still very creepy and bizarre.  Season 2 was OK, but let down a bit by the occasional comedy short episode, while Season 3 is proving decidedly average in comparison.  Even the unsettling, distinctive theme tune and opening credits of S1/2 were replaced by something far more generic. Yet, the show in its time attracted many famous names- S3 alone boasts Vincent Price, Mickey Rooney, Raymond Massey, Leonard Nimoy, Burgess Meredith, etc and if you like 1970's style and design as much as I do, NG is a feast for the eyes.  
I do enjoy Night Gallery though, despite it being a poor relation to The Twilight Zone - NG still has that icky, uncomfortable, macabre yet camp quality that only '70s Horror can manage.  And the beautifully gruesome paintings on display at the start of each episode are worth the price of admission alone.

Night Gallery Aaa_ni14

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum