The Brigade Leader
Zarius
iank
Bernard Marx
REDACTED
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

?

Worst section of Remake Who fandom I_vote_lcap13%Worst section of Remake Who fandom I_vote_rcap 13% [ 2 ]
Worst section of Remake Who fandom I_vote_lcap6%Worst section of Remake Who fandom I_vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Worst section of Remake Who fandom I_vote_lcap81%Worst section of Remake Who fandom I_vote_rcap 81% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Worst section of Remake Who fandom 10th March 2020, 9:34 pm

REDACTED

Which section of the NuWho fandom do you find to be the most annoying and frustrating?

2Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 10th March 2020, 9:43 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Undoubtedly the Chibnall fandom. I can at least understand why the RTD and Moffat fandoms have certain attachments and fondness for the eras they do, as they aren’t completely without merit per se. And they seem to at least have some surface level understanding of the philosophy of the programme as they for the most part seem to have turned away from the current era completely, as evidenced by the appalling ratings and word of mouth even amongst the mainstream.

The Chibnall fandom seem adamant on praising not only the most lethargic, vacuous, uninspired and anti-intellectual era the programme has ever produced, but continue to presume that the recent retcon somehow doesn’t damage the character’s agency or legacy at all without substantiating their arguments whatsoever. That, coupled with their reliance on calling fans who disagree with them sexist, racist, prejudiced, right-wing etc (strange when one considers that the Chibnall era is easily the most establishment era of them all) and the Chibnall fandom is easily the most tribal, conformist and downright unpleasant of the three.

Of course, I don’t have an issue with those who necessarily enjoy the current iteration of the programme either, presuming they don’t encourage the same tribalism. But the Chibnall fandom mostly seem to adhere to this tactic.

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 10th March 2020, 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 10th March 2020, 9:43 pm

iank

iank

It's like choosing which colour dog shit you'd rather eat.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 10th March 2020, 9:48 pm

REDACTED

iank wrote:It's like choosing which colour dog shit you'd rather eat.

Which would you eat though? I hear sparkly pink's quite nice. Wink

5Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 10th March 2020, 9:55 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Chibnall fandom, for reasons listed, and their general obviousness to the lasting damage evident by the ratings and public perception. They are truly out of touch with not just the world, but reality.

6Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 10th March 2020, 9:57 pm

iank

iank

Sounds like a typical Twitter-loving PC loony to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 11th March 2020, 10:18 am

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

It's the evil toxic Chibnall fanbase that made me militant!

Before Chibnall came and Whittaker were announced, my attitude towards nuwho was pretty apathetic. None of it was my cup of tea, but it was pretty benign mediocre stuff and I didn't care.

Once Whittaker was announced things changed and become nasty overnight. Peter Davison being hounded off Twitter just before he published his autobiography was the last straw for me, from that point on I wanted the show dead and it's fanbase purged!

8Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 11th March 2020, 12:58 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

RTD fandom.

But only because I happened to have the worst experiences with them at a particularly vulnerable time of my life, and have never forgotten.

I hadn't had to deal with the worst of the other two camps much (perhaps because for a time I was a bit team-Moffat myself, and by Chibnall I'd stopped even caring enough to have much of an opinion), and when I did, I'd developed something of a thicker skin.

9Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 11th March 2020, 3:38 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Until recently it would have been a toss-up between Moffs and Chibbers fans for me, but now I would say it's RTD. The false worship by many high-profile bloggers of the Tencunt era as being the end of Classic Who, rather than the ratings high point of the new show, has prevented the two versions of the show being recognised as separate. It merely reinforces the damage done by late Moff/current Chibbers canon rewriting.

Last edited by Mott1 on 11th March 2020, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 11th March 2020, 3:50 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Chibnall fandom, without a doubt. At least 90% of the current era's fanbase is comprised of a vicious, authoritarian mob of bullies and smear merchants who belong to a bonafide hate movement that ought to be dealt with along similar lines as any genuine white nationalist or neo-Nazi group. I have no quarrel with people who simply enjoy RTD/Moffat NuWho for what it is and don't abuse those who disagree with them. If I were involved with the online fan community back in 2005, maybe I'd have a different perspective, but the ones I've spoken to have generally been fairly reasonable.

11Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 11th March 2020, 3:50 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Mott1 wrote:Until recently it would have been a toss-up between Moffs and Chibbers fans for me, but now I would say it's RTD. The false worship by many high-profile bloggers of the Tencunt era as being the end of Classic Who, rather than the ratings high point of the new show, has prevented the two versions of the show being recognised as separate. It merely reinforces the damage done by late Moff/current Chibbers canon rewriting.
Now that is certainly a good case, and one which does indicate that Doctor Who may have to conform to the RTD/Tennant style going forward if NuWho is cancelled and resurrected.

I do find their perception bizarre, though, considering that the Tennant era is completely distinct from any era of TruWho and that RTD’s style has persisted to varying degrees throughout the majority of NuWho, including the Chibnall era (and in terms of characterisation and dialogue, especially so, albeit to a more painful degree in Chibnall’s era). However, I don’t find fans of the era anywhere near as unbearably hostile and smug as fans of Chibnall’s era. I am friends with people who enjoyed NuWho prior to Chibnall, and they are all infinitely more reasonable and fun to talk to than Chibnall’s ardent defenders.

12Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 11th March 2020, 3:53 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:Chibnall fandom, without a doubt. At least 90% of the current era's fanbase is comprised of a vicious, authoritarian mob of bullies and smear merchants who belong to a bonafide hate movement that ought to be dealt with along similar lines as any genuine white nationalist or neo-Nazi group. I have no quarrel with people who simply enjoy RTD/Moffat NuWho for what it is and don't abuse those who disagree with them. If I were involved with the online fan community back in 2005, maybe I'd have a different perspective, but the ones I've spoken to have generally been fairly reasonable.
This.

13Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 11th March 2020, 4:04 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

It has to be Chibbers fans.

They aren't even fans, more ideologically possessed loonies, who desperately need their existence validated by a failing tv show.

Sure RTD and Moffat era fans can be a little annoying in defending the show, (as can we all when defending things we like. Look at my white knighting for Amy Winehouse.)

Still the Chibbers fans are fanatics who literally don't care about the show, its lore, or even its quality, just in it espousing their own beliefs.

I've mostly had positive experiences with Moffat and RTD fans. Believe it or not a lot of them follow my blog, and I have had interesting convos with them.

Chibnall fans though are just fanatical bullies.

14Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 12:15 am

JJ Chambers

JJ Chambers

Chibnall's sort isn't a branch of fandom so much as a group of ideologically possessed nutters who've somehow commandeered a national institution and then sullied it for the purposes of crassly communicated propaganda. For those of you who, like me, could stomach the RTD years, think of when the Master stole the TARDIS and then mutilated and repurposed it as a paradox machine (lame name). It's pretty much like that, only shittier.

15Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 8:34 am

Infinitic

Infinitic

I think Chibnall's. I have bad history with RTD fans as a Moffat fanboy himself, but Russel's adorers were not as blind. And, well, his series were not as bad.

16Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 8:51 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

JJ Chambers wrote:Chibnall's sort isn't a branch of fandom so much as a group of ideologically possessed nutters who've somehow commandeered a national institution and then sullied it for the purposes of crassly communicated propaganda. For those of you who, like me, could stomach the RTD years, think of when the Master stole the TARDIS and then mutilated and repurposed it as a paradox machine (lame name). It's pretty much like that, only shittier.

That's a good allegory, though I don't think Simm is an insane as some of Jodie's fans.

Also welcome to the Hive. It's nice to see some people with more positive views of New Who too. We don't want to be too cliquey like GB.

17Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 10:16 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

JJ Chambers wrote:Chibnall's sort isn't a branch of fandom so much as a group of ideologically possessed nutters who've somehow commandeered a national institution and then sullied it for the purposes of crassly communicated propaganda. For those of you who, like me, could stomach the RTD years, think of when the Master stole the TARDIS and then mutilated and repurposed it as a paradox machine (lame name). It's pretty much like that, only shittier.

Well said!

I wish you a very warm welcome to the forum.

18Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 1:34 pm

JJ Chambers

JJ Chambers

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I've just jumped ship from the shithole known as GallifreyBase. Final straw was that they deleted a post in which I stated, quite plainly, that the Doctor of the classic series wouldn't have punched a racist for the petty crime of saying a few nasty words to his companion.

He'd seek to change the racist's mind, not punch his lights out. I mean did the Fourth Doctor punch Davros out when he was left alone with him in the interrogation room, in Genesis? No, he tried to talk Davros down from his genocidal fantasies.

God knows what the official rationale behind that bullshit removal was. I can't imagine it was anything other than ideological in nature. Anyways fuck them.

19Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 1:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

You're in no danger of having your posts deleted here. I've never been on Gallifrey Base, but Burrunjor has told me enough about that place to convince me to steer well clear of it.

20Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 4:23 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

JJ Chambers wrote:Thank you both for the warm welcome. I've just jumped ship from the shithole known as GallifreyBase. Final straw was that they deleted a post in which I stated, quite plainly, that the Doctor of the classic series wouldn't have punched a racist for the petty crime of saying a few nasty words to his companion.

He'd seek to change the racist's mind, not punch his lights out. I mean did the Fourth Doctor punch Davros out when he was left alone with him in the interrogation room, in Genesis? No, he tried to talk Davros down from his genocidal fantasies.

God knows what the official rationale behind that bullshit removal was. I can't imagine it was anything other than ideological in nature. Anyways fuck them.

If you want a chuckle, go check out the most embarassing moments in DW page.

I honestly think Culfy and Count Alucard and Daniel LaRusso are three of the stupidest people I have ever come across online.

The only reason any of the three of them have heads must be to keep water out of their necks when it rains.  I can't think of any other reason?

Also Tanman I may have picked up your former stalker, James Kyle.

21Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 4:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

I honestly think Culfy and Count Alucard and Daniel LaRusso are three of the stupidest people I have ever come across online.

That's so ironic considering the real Daniel Larusso is a bit of a plank himself, in Karate Kid III anyway LOL

22Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 4:41 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:Also Tanman I may have picked up your former stalker, James Kyle.

Yep, he's a fucking weirdo.

The fans rarely get creepier than him.

23Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 4:57 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Also Tanman I may have picked up your former stalker, James Kyle.

Is that the guy you once told me about?

24Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 27th April 2020, 5:11 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Yep.

25Worst section of Remake Who fandom Empty Re: Worst section of Remake Who fandom 28th April 2020, 9:33 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:

He supported me being banned on TV Tropes and Idioms and said that I was a lunatic for trying to change an objective article to fit my bastardised version of the Master.

It's hilarious. It really is that old Nazi line of "accuse others of what you are guilty of."

My "bastardised interpretation of the Master" is the one that the creators of the character intended!

I can actually find interviews to back up what I'm saying!

I've never been able to find an interview of Terrance Dicks saying "In this scene we wanted to show the raw, sexual tension between Woger and Jon. We wanted Pertwee to do that sexy pain acting when the Master tortured him. People always went crazy for that."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum