Coronation Street or Abomination Shit?

+2
Boofer
Rawkuss
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mott1

Mott1

A well-written and acted slice of life in north west England or an over-promoted, soon-to-be 6 times a week monstrosity made up mostly of adverts generally involving a pair of unfunny meerkat fuckers (except when arnie's involved too?)

I'm kind of in the middle, believe it or not! Discuss.

Last edited by Mott1 on 5th July 2017, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote:A well-written and acted slice of life in north west England or an over-promoted, soon-to-be 6 times a week monstrosity made up mostly of adverts generally involving a pair of unfunny meerkat fuckers (except when arnie's involved too?

I'I kind of in the middle, believe it or not! Discuss.

I enjoy it, but I must admit its not great tv. Its just junk food tv in a way.

My fave character in it now is Shona that woman that looks like Amy Winehouse and Ferne McCann. Guess why I like her LOL

I miss Carla too. God she was gorgeous!

iank

iank

6 times a week? Holy shit. ITV must be really desperate.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Mott1

Mott1

I think they are, Ian! You must be glad you're not over here - imagine what it's like when the footie's on and they have to catch up on the missed episodes...

And burronjor - I agree that Carla is attractive, but have you ever heard anyone talk more out of their nose?

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I think their recent gang rape storyline was ill thought out and sensationalist. It wasn't suitable for this type of programme. EastEnders and Coronation Street are dreary enough at the best of times. Then again, I don't watch either.

Boofer

Boofer

It's been shit for at least 20 years.

The campness, fun and sense of community that used to make the show sparkle is gone, and was replaced by a series of 'big event' spectacles that saw the affair/murder/accident count go up to Emmerdale levels of absurdity.

Soaps are a 'dead ting', innit.

iank

iank

Boofer wrote:It's been shit for at least 20 years.

The campness, fun and sense of community that used to make the show sparkle is gone, and was replaced by a series of 'big event' spectacles that saw the affair/murder/accident count go up to Emmerdale levels of absurdity.

Soaps are a 'dead ting', innit.

The Bill in its last ten years, in other words.

Mott1

Mott1

Seal, Rawkuss, you're both right. That underage grooming storyline was Eastenders-esque.

Ian, did you see what happened to Casualty? That was ok until Holby City came along and they both turned into the same soap!

Boofer

Boofer

Haven't seen the Bill in about 20 years either.

They don't interest me one bit, nor Casualty - the only decent remnant of that show is Ken Freeman's excellent theme tune.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote:I think they are, Ian! You must be glad you're not over here - imagine what it's like when the footie's on and they have to catch up on the missed episodes...

And burronjor - I agree that Carla is attractive, but have you ever heard anyone talk more out of their nose?

I thought her voice was sexy myself.

Shona better come back soon. Honestly they better not have gotten rid of her for good that would be such a waste. Her and Ferne need to play sisters in something.

iank

iank

Mott1 wrote:

Ian, did you see what happened to Casualty? That was ok until Holby City came along and they both turned into the same soap!

I don't think I ever watched Casualty and it's not in Aus (not on free to air anyway). I know it just became another soap, though.
The Bill was axed seven years ago, Seal. At least eight years overdue. It was a police drama for its first sixteen years, not a soap. It started getting soap opera-y in 2001, but then in 2002 it just completely reinvented itself as a full on soap, complete with ludicrously OTT storylines (the station exploding every few years etc). It was painful to see what happened to it, I still love the first 16 seasons. Sad

Mott1

Mott1

The more I think about it it's true - Late-era The Bill turned into late-era Brookside!

A pity, when I was a student I was quite a fan. Why did it change?

13Coronation Street or Abomination Shit? Empty Re: Coronation Street or Abomination Shit? 13th July 2017, 11:36 pm

iank

iank

Your comparison is apt, because it changed because of the same fucking producer - Paul "I'm a complete fucking hack" Marquess. The really sad thing is, his atrocious era did increase the ratings for a while, but very much in a "law of diminishing returns" kind of way, and by the time he fucked off and the next producer tried to restore some sanity to proceedings and turn it back into a police drama, 90% of the cast had changed and a large majority of the formerly loyal long-term viewers (such as myself) had abandoned it in disgust.

NB Marquess was a mentor of RTD.
Just sayin'...

14Coronation Street or Abomination Shit? Empty Re: Coronation Street or Abomination Shit? 31st August 2017, 11:35 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

YES!!!!

Alison King is coming back this Christmas! Well that will be something to cheer me up after my favourite show is finally finished off by SJW's.

15Coronation Street or Abomination Shit? Empty Re: Coronation Street or Abomination Shit? 1st September 2017, 9:36 am

Defeatment

I like it's theme tune but that's about it really. I only really tuned in for that huge train crash.
Even though I live near to where Brookside was set I still never bothered with Soaps.
But others do, so fair play!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum