You are not connected. Please login or register

The Orville season 2 is shit

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Orville season 2 is shit Empty The Orville season 2 is shit 27th January 2020, 11:56 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I haven't finished it yet, and there have been some good episodes like The Krill one, but dear god for the most part its boring. Too obsessed with sex, too obsessed with the soap opera elements.

I hope it improves but even if it does its still a step down from series 1.

Such a shame as I really liked the first series.

A lot of the latest seasons of my fave shows that I got at Christmas haven't held up at all.

Legends of Tomorrow season 4 was absolute fucking garbage. Its just gotten too silly, too self referential and too lazy.

Arrow season 7 meanwhile started out brilliant in the prison, but quickly lost its way. It wasn't as terrible as Legends or The Orville, but it was kind of a bit of a mess.

The Flash is the only one that has held up. Season 5 was brilliant. Love the Flash's daughter. She was so likable and sweet. Also Thawne was excellent as always.

Also the last season of The Big Bang Theory was absolute fucking shit too.

2The Orville season 2 is shit Empty Re: The Orville season 2 is shit 28th January 2020, 12:10 am

iank

iank

I agree. Season 1 was kind of fun, but season 2 was boring most of the time. The best character on it buggered off, and yes the relationshit obsession was really, really boring.
It's massively overrated and seems as SJW as everything else these days to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3The Orville season 2 is shit Empty Re: The Orville season 2 is shit 20th February 2020, 5:13 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

iank wrote:I agree. Season 1 was kind of fun, but season 2 was boring most of the time. The best character on it buggered off, and yes the relationshit obsession was really, really boring.

What SJW elements are present in Season 2? I haven't seen it yet, but didn't pick up on any in Season 1.

4The Orville season 2 is shit Empty Re: The Orville season 2 is shit 20th February 2020, 5:20 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Season two was pretty fair, but the finale really should have been the Identity two-parter

5The Orville season 2 is shit Empty Re: The Orville season 2 is shit 20th February 2020, 8:50 pm

iank

iank

The endless shit with the gay/transgendered aliens really sent my eyes rolling up in their head on a continual basis.
And aside from that one two parter, most of the plots seemed to revolve around soap opera stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6The Orville season 2 is shit Empty Re: The Orville season 2 is shit 22nd February 2020, 11:46 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:
iank wrote:I agree. Season 1 was kind of fun, but season 2 was boring most of the time. The best character on it buggered off, and yes the relationshit obsession was really, really boring.

What SJW elements are present in Season 2? I haven't seen it yet, but didn't pick up on any in Season 1.

There is one episode that revolves around a gay orgy with the Moklin (Am I saying it right? I can't be arsed to google it.)

There was another episode that was a really clumsy metaphor for homosexuality being outlawed in places like Afghanistan, but in this case it was a Moklin falling in love with a woman and because they are an all male race, then heterosexuality is outlawed.

There was also a war of the sexes episode with the Moklin women who had escaped from the men who wanted to either kill or sex change them.

They were all pretty crap. I do appreciate that the Moklin are a metaphor for Islamic countries where homosexuality is outlawed, women are treated as second class citizens, and also how we bend over backwards to them because we are dependent on their oil.

Humanity despise the Moklin and their barbaric tendencies, but the alliance or whatever its called still puts up with them because it needs their military strength.

At the very least the Orville was a lot braver in the targets it went after than Chinballs era Who that talks about the current and radical issue of Rosa Parks, whilst showing Yaz's family be completely okay with her dating a woman. Not saying they should show every Muslim to be homophobic, but if you are going to tackle topical issues, its the height of cowardice not to comment on that considering

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi3o9-di-XnAhVxsXEKHQP3AxIQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2F2016%2Fapr%2F11%2Fbritish-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law&usg=AOvVaw3HRVYSGn3y998E_tWWvaR0

Stastically Yaz's mother is more likely to be uncomfortable about it (and not just because Jodie is annoying as fuck.)  

Still just because the Orville picked a better target, doesn't mean their episodes are not just as clumsy, and suffer from the same problems of focusing too much on the metaphor as opposed to the plot. For a better example of a civilised society having to cow tow to a more barbaric one, check out the Babylon 5 episode where the religious aliens refuse to let their child get life saving treatment.

It wasn't so much the SJW shit that bothered me though about series 2.

So many episodes were just the characters going on dates. The one with woman and the robot, Issac was nothing but soap opera tedium.

Then there was the one where one of the crew fell in love with a hologram of a woman. The hologram woman was likable enough (she reminded me of an old friend.) But again the episode was more of a soap opera than anything else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum