SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
iank
Pepsi Maxil
Tanmann
Bernard Marx
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 4:08 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:The anti-McCoy brigade are perhaps the most loathsome of them all. There's an awful lot of fans out there that like to pretend that the McCoy era was the televisual equivalent of the holocaust.

Tossers.

I'm indifferent to folks that don't like the McCoy era but aren't dicks about it. If they don't like it, fine. That's their opinion and I'll respect that just as long as they respect my fondness of it.

It's the fans that say it was the nadir of the series and attack the era's fans and yet praise NuWho for rescuing it from that sad image despite it being all the era's criticised elements on a bigger budget that bug me.

27Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 4:38 pm

RussellIsLord

RussellIsLord

Indrid Mercury wrote:It's the fans that say it was the nadir of the series and attack the era's fans and yet praise NuWho for rescuing it from that sad image despite it being all the era's criticised elements on a bigger budget that bug me.

They have a point, heathen!

28Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 4:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I believe Rani actually likes the McCoy era. If you're going to parody him at least do it properly LOL

29Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 4:57 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I believe Rani actually likes the McCoy era.

Makes sense.

30Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 5:07 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

"Warriors of the Deep" - a true classic which pisses over all that wet behind the ears infantile Williams era shite from a great height, particularly that smug crap "City Of Death".

The only criticism is that the Doctor should've killed some humans along with the Sea Devils & Silurians & the body count should've been much higher.

The Doctor should've had a longer sermon about how stupidly selfish humans are for building WMD's before giving a few women a slap in order to mature Davison's character from the boring wet lettuce he started out as.

The Myrka should've survived and been kept on as a companion however, killing it was cruel & distressing, particularly when it only wanted to shake hands with everyone.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

31Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 5:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Warriors is watchable because of that unbelievably hot piece of arse Preston. Absolutely inspired casting decision.

32Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 5:25 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Warriors is watchable because of that unbelievably hot piece of arse Preston. Absolutely inspired casting decision.

She made a pretty enough human shield for Davison I suppose.

33Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 4th February 2020, 7:45 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

I think Davison should've slapped her a few times & then held up two large numeric signs with "1" and "0" on before declaring to Tegan and Turlough, "DIX POINTS!" when she got killed and given all of the Silurians and Sea Devils a congratulatory cigar each.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

34Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 7th February 2020, 9:49 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
The Two Doctors

Is The Two Doctors derided? Most people on here like it including myself. When I ran a poll on what the best Colin Baker story on my old page The Two Doctors won by some margin.

Timelash is another one I quite enjoy. It has an old-timey feel to it and I actually like Herbert. I also think Glen McCoy used time travel elements to great effect.

35Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 7th February 2020, 9:51 am

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:
The Two Doctors

Is The Two Doctors derided? Most people on here like it including myself. When I ran a poll on what the best Colin Baker story on my old page The Two Doctors won by some margin.

By most of mainstream fandom, yeah. Mainly for all the usual criticisms of the season.''It's too violent'' ''Too continuity obsessed'', ''It has Colon Baker in it''.

36Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 7th February 2020, 9:55 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:
The Two Doctors

By most of mainstream fandom, yeah. Mainly for all the usual criticisms of the season.''It's too violent'' ''Too continuity obsessed'', ''It has Colon Baker in it''.

Typical. I've always thought it was the best of the three multi-Doctor stories. I have a great fondness for it because it was the first classic story I ever watched.  It was on UKTV Gold or the SYFY channel on a hot morning in April 2008. Good times.

37Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 7th February 2020, 11:59 am

stengos

stengos

Mark of the Rani. Ainley's best performance, his least pantominey. There are bits that make me wince but on the whole i enjoy it. Why the fuck was Luke turned into a tree? A simple bullet in the head would have sufficed.
Terror of the Vervoids. Is okay. Interesting murder mystery in space. Honour Balackman is the number 1 Avengers and Bond girl.
The Visitation. In the sense people just don't seem to mention it. I thought it was a well told and well acted (apart from Robbins) "stranded alien goes berserk " story. Robbins wasnt very good - i wish he had stayed up in that tree. Only drawback for me was the design of the Terraleptil and that robot thing. Oh yeah and MICHAEL ROBBINS WAS UTTER SHITE.
Warriors of the Deep. I am not trying to wind anyone up but i thought it was okay. The lizards are back and, fed up with the way they have been treated by humans and their illegal occupation of their planet in previous encounters, this time its war. Brexit on speed in a way with Icthar playing the Boris Johnson role.
Revenge of the Cybermen. The tradis team (the "Fam" if you like) are very good - Harry is brilliant - and the acting of the Beacon crew is excellent. David Collings and Tobias Vaughn are a nice surprise as two Vogans and the story seemed okay and quite sensible to me. I don't get the hate. Lets have some transference here please and dump it all on Silver Nemesis where it all belongs .... hmmm ... maybe not the place to say that sorry ...
Gunfighters. I have only seen it once - back in the late eighties when a friend gave me a manky old pirated VHS copy. I had read a lot of the bad fan reaction to it but, to be honest, i quite enjoyed it. It was different and quirky.
Destiny of the Daleks .... Hang on a minute .... sorry .... that one is shit. Wrong thread.

Last edited by stengos on 7th February 2020, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

38Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 7th February 2020, 12:14 pm

stengos

stengos

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Typical. I've always thought it was the best of the three multi-Doctor stories. I have a great fondness for it because it was the first classic story I ever watched.  It was on UKTV Gold or the SYFY channel on a hot morning in April 2008. Good times.

I really like it. It felt less contrived than the other multi Doctor stories, more relaxed and less po-faced. The performances were all first rate with the possible exception of Oscar but i don't feel too strongly about him.

Re the violence, i never really noticed it at the time. I think i may have raised an eyebrow at Shockeye's rat eating scene but i didn't really think about it too much and immediately moved on. It didn't spoil my enjoyment of the story overall.

It was one of Colin's better stories in my view.

Smile

39Derided stories you like or appreciate - Page 2 Empty Re: Derided stories you like or appreciate 13th February 2020, 9:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The unpopularity of Delta and the Bannermen is a sad reminder that this fandom has no sense of fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum