Favourite writer of the McCoy Era

+4
Tanmann
REDACTED
Doctor7
Pepsi Maxil
8 posters

Favourite writer of the McCoy Era

Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_lcap0%Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_lcap0%Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_lcap86%Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_rcap 86% [ 6 ]
Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_lcap14%Favourite writer of the McCoy Era I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 1st February 2020, 6:47 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I think Ben Aaronovitch is my favourite simply because Remembrance is the best Doctor Who script ever written. They're all talented writers, though. I'm particularly fond of Malcolm Kohll, Ian Briggs, Stephen Wyatt and Pip and Jane Baker.

2Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 1st February 2020, 8:02 pm

Doctor7

Probably Ben followed by marc Platt then pip and Jane third

3Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 1st February 2020, 8:26 pm

REDACTED

Marc Platt.

I was tempted by voting Aaronovitch on the strength of Remembrance Of The Daleks but his rather patchy script for Battlefield loses the vote.

4Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 1st February 2020, 8:42 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Aaronovitch (in spite of some of the unpleasant feminist militancy going on in Battlefield).

When he produced gold, as he did in Remembrance it really gave you reason to care anew about the show.

5Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 2nd February 2020, 12:05 am

Ludders

Ludders

Aaronovitch is the obvious choice.

I quite like Ghost Light, but it always feels as though it's had bits of the plot chopped out. Has anyone read Marc Platt's Ghost Light novelisation?

6Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 2nd February 2020, 12:17 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:Aaronovitch is the obvious choice.

I quite like Ghost Light, but it always feels as though it's had bits of the plot chopped out. Has anyone read Marc Platt's Ghost Light novelisation?

I have, yes.

7Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 2nd February 2020, 12:20 am

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:

I have, yes.

Does it expand on the TV version at all?

8Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 2nd February 2020, 12:26 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

I have, yes.

There's a lot of additional material. A lot of scenes were cut from The Happiness Patrol, Silver Nemesis, Ghost Light and The Curse of Fenric for timing reason, but they all turn up in the novels.

9Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 2nd February 2020, 12:31 am

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

I have, yes.

There's a lot of additional material. A lot of scenes were cut from The Happiness Patrol, Silver Nemesis, Ghost Light and The Curse of Fenric for timing reason, but they all turn up in the novels.

Thanks. I might look for an e-book of it sometime.

10Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 15th February 2020, 7:21 am

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil Oswald wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

I have, yes.

Good review of the novelisation here.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1039800.Doctor_Who

I've got a couple more Stephen King novels to finish, and then I'm going to read it.

11Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 15th February 2020, 7:59 am

iank

iank

I would have to go with Aaronovitch. Platt and Munro needed another story to match up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

12Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 16th February 2020, 2:15 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Ben Aaronovitch

Remembrance is THE 80s Dalek story, and a fitting end for the pepper pots.

Battlefield has woke elements, but it doesn't get in the way of a cracking story with some of the best worst acting I've seen

13Favourite writer of the McCoy Era Empty Re: Favourite writer of the McCoy Era 16th February 2020, 2:17 pm

Mordred

Mordred

Zarius wrote:

Battlefield has woke elements, but it doesn't get in the way of a cracking story with some of the best worst acting I've seen

From anyone in particular?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum