You are not connected. Please login or register

Feminist Cringe Thread

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Feminist Cringe Thread 24th June 2017, 1:50 am

Chris

Chris

Nobody called for the closure of the Feminist Cringe Thread. I didn't like it but I respect its right to exist. So, have a new one.

I mean, I can't contribute because I literally can't think of anything I'd want to put here, but I'm sure others can.

2Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 24th June 2017, 9:37 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

How do I recognise a feminist and what should I do if I see one?

3Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 24th June 2017, 10:01 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Should I make a citizens arrest?

Tough on Feminism, tough on the causes of Feminism

4Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 24th June 2017, 10:26 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Rawkuss wrote:How do I recognise a feminist and what should I do if I see one?

Oh that's easy. Your modern day third wave average progressive feminist has all or some of the following characteristics.

1/ Will find a way for everything to be sexist against women from air conditioning to video games to men being killed in wars. Seriously!

2/ Ironically will be the last people to combat genuine sexism and might even be rank apologists for it.

3/ Will probably be nothing more than a lying opportunist who knows things like the wage gap and representation are shit, but will still act as though it is because they want the kudos of being a progressive, liberal social justice champion, but again not actually bother taking on real inequalities as that isn't all writing a column in the guardian, being invited to ted talks to whine about "mean tweets" even though everyone gets them.

Speaking out against the SJW narrative and even just criticising Islam these days can lead to you being ostracised, attacked, and your life being ruined. See here.

Thus feminists like Caitlin Moran pick benign targets lke Video games, slander them as sexist and then get the kudos from gullable people as feminist champions, whilst people who target real problems like the Muslim grooming gangs and female genital mutilation such as Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Tommy Robinson are branded as bigots.

4/ Will often hate men. Despite claiming to be for equality. They'll advocate things like gender segregation, white men being fired from their jobs, white boys being taught that they are born racist, sexist, and men being shamed for their natural sexual urges.

5/ Will often shout down any voices of opposition, claiming its for the greater good and will behave like a hive (no pun intended) where any voices of dissent will be shut down. Case in point Laci Green a feminist who said that she would merely be open to debating anti SJW's and started dating Chris Ray Gun, and has now been attacked by the likes of Steve Shives for being a "traitor".

To be fair some feminists I feel are just misguidedd, but are still good people like Claudia Boleyn, and until recently Laci Green. And of course there are still some true feminists around like Christina Hoff Sommers and Ayaan Hirsi Ali who is a true champion for women and men's rights.

If feminists want people to stop treating their movement as a joke, then they should look up to people like this woman rather than charlatans and bigots like Anita Sarkeesian, Rebecca Watson and Caitlin Moran.

5Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 24th June 2017, 11:00 am

Chris

Chris

See, isn't this better?

6Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 24th June 2017, 11:32 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Chris wrote:See, isn't this better?

I think you secretly like my rants.

7Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 24th June 2017, 12:08 pm

Chris

Chris

Not one bit, but I did not support the previous one of these threads getting locked, nor the idea that it had been demanded. I realise this is a new Hive and this might be old-school thinking, but neither Mike nor I would ever demand the locking of a thread for the tiny reason that we didn't like it.

8Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 16th July 2017, 1:22 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

9Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 16th July 2017, 1:37 am

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Not feminist but SJW cringe. Cast members of the live action Aladdin movie have been announced and people are already complaining about whitewashing despite none of them being white.
Aladdin - Mena Massoud
Jasmine - Naomi Scott (half white, half indian)
Genie - Will Smith

The worst thing about the casting is casting Will Smith in the same role as Robin Williams. Mad

Chris wrote:Not one bit, but I did not support the previous one of these threads getting locked, nor the idea that it had been demanded. I realise this is a new Hive and this might be old-school thinking, but neither Mike nor I would ever demand the locking of a thread for the tiny reason that we didn't like it.
Just to clear things up, the old thread was only locked because we were being reported and I thought it was best to show we could take care of un-PC posts if people from the host came inspecting. It was a matter of better safe than sorry based on the wording of their terms of service and not because of demand or support. The reports stopped after a couple of days and nothing has happened so I think it's safe to say we're in the clear.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

10Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 16th July 2017, 2:03 am

iank

iank

The level of stupid in most people these days is just... affraid

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

11Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 3rd August 2017, 8:19 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Not sure if this is the right thread but it has Feminism in the title so I am going for it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/news/female-marvel-comics-editor-harassed-online-milkshake-selfie/

Female Marvel Comics editor harassed online for milkshake selfie

Heather Antos, an editor for Marvel Comics, has been deluged with abuse online after posting an image of herself drinking milkshakes with six female Marvel employees, with a caption reading "It's the Marvel milkshake crew! #FabulousFlo" – the latter referencing the recent death of the legendary female Marvel publisher Flo Steinberg.

For the crime of consuming cold beverages while being female, Antos was then attacked across social media and via email and her Twitter direct messages by angry Marvel fans, who used the image as an opportunity to rant about "Social Justice Warriors", "fake geek girls" and feminism.

12Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 4th August 2017, 7:19 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr. Happy wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread but it has Feminism in the title so I am going for it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/news/female-marvel-comics-editor-harassed-online-milkshake-selfie/

Heather Antos, an editor for Marvel Comics, has been deluged with abuse online after posting an image of herself drinking milkshakes with six female Marvel employees, with a caption reading "It's the Marvel milkshake crew! #FabulousFlo" – the latter referencing the recent death of the legendary female Marvel publisher Flo Steinberg.

For the crime of consuming cold beverages while being female, Antos was then attacked across social media and via email and her Twitter direct messages by angry Marvel fans, who used the image as an opportunity to rant about "Social Justice Warriors", "fake geek girls" and feminism.

I've read about this and IMO its just feminists trying to smear the sci fi and fantasy genres as being sexist yet again and the media laps it up.

I don't doubt that there are some psycho's saying bad shit to this woman but so what? Everyone gets abuse online.

Plenty of critics of feminism have got abuse/ death threats too. See here

PS apart from the crass "I would bang her" I don't even think the comments against her were that bad!

Jesus Christ look at the stuff we's said about Moffat, RTD Chris Chibnall, and Colin Baker. "Pube headed twat", "useless fat headed cunt", "self loathing fanboy hack" "chinballs", "shouty mcnostril flair". Saying "you look like an inexperienced SJW" isn't as bad as that.

The sad thing is the Sci Fi and Fantasy genres are actually among the most left wing, progressive genres, and these career feminists who are nothing but posers know that, but they still slander it as a sexist, homophobic, and racist because they know that its easy to bully. Its still looked down upon by most, even with this trendy geek culture. So they attack it, slander it as this horrible anti women thing, and then bask in the praise for being feminist champions from the media.

Its a great way of presenting yourself as a woman's champion without having to do a sodding thing to help women.

13Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 4th August 2017, 7:44 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/04/everything-thats-wrong-with-humanity-readers-on-troubling-tv-shows-from-got-to-buffy

What about that article? Some of those are questionable but they way they pick up on absolutely everything...

I have never seen Game of Thrones, but, if you are going to show a barbaric (albeit fantasy) society then surely they would misogynistic and should be portrayed as such?

The one about Buffy sort of had a point but pointing out that there was a show from the '90s that didn't have a black person as a main character just seems obsessive.

14Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 4th August 2017, 7:52 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor wrote:
Mr. Happy wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread but it has Feminism in the title so I am going for it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/news/female-marvel-comics-editor-harassed-online-milkshake-selfie/

I've read about this and IMO its just feminists trying to smear the sci fi and fantasy genres as being sexist yet again and the media laps it up.

I don't doubt that there are some psycho's saying bad shit to this woman but so what? Everyone gets abuse online.

Plenty of critics of feminism have got abuse/ death threats too. See here

She just posted a photo of her and work colleges drinking milkshakes. Those people you posted shouldn't get death threats but I don't think their videos are quite as innocent.

burrunjor wrote:PS apart from the crass "I would bang her" I don't even think the comments against her were that bad!

Really? I thought the response to that was shocking: "Better have her sign a consent form, she looks like the "false rape charge" type," and this one, '"This does explain the "quality" of work Marvel has been putting out of late,' was just sexist. I get that it maybe a joke but that doesn't really come across on twitter and it's just plain sexist. Nowhere near as bad a death threat, however.

burrunjor wrote:Jesus Christ look at the stuff we's said about Moffat, RTD Chris Chibnall, and Colin Baker. "Pube headed twat", "useless fat headed cunt", "self loathing fanboy hack" "chinballs", "shouty mcnostril flair". Saying "you look like an inexperienced SJW" isn't as bad as that.

We aren't posting this on his twitter timeline, though.

15Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 5th August 2017, 10:10 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

She just posted a photo of her and work colleges drinking milkshakes. Those people you posted shouldn't get death threats but I don't think their videos are quite as innocent.

Well you do have to take the context her picture was posted.

Marvel in the last few years has been destroyed by SJW's. They have killed off and replaced many of their most beloved characters Wolverine, Iron Man, and Thor and replaced them with women.

Nobody minds female heroes, but understandably people don't like their favourite characters being replaced for someone else. When it happened with say Damian Wayne another man, people hated it.

The difference was unlike the new Thor you didn't get shouted down as a bigot, racist, sexist etc. You didn't get Damian Wayne actually beat the shit out of and break the jaw of someone who was meant to represent fans that weren't happy with the change and call them sexists and degenerates!

Also on top of that you have constant anti white, anti men remarks littered throughout Marvel comics, other characters like Storm being rewritten to be a BLM supporting racist (which I actually find offensive. Apparently NO black character can be just politically neutral like Storm was for several decades.)

They also have claimed that they are not hiring white men because they want more diversity.

So naturally a lot of fans are pissed at the SJW's taking over Marvel. Now this picture which to be fair does have a group of people who look like SJW's (the dyed hair, hipster glasses) all posing would probably piss off fans (male and female) whose favourite comic books are being taken over and destroyed by this divisive bullshit.

It was an over reaction sure, but its not the same as sexism, as given Marvel's track record recently it could appear to be a "look how many women we have hired aren't we fab" type of a picture (of which there have been several not only from Marvel, but various other company's.) Did anyone think that Rona Munro for instance writing for DW was going to bring in more SJW bullshit because she was a woman?

Really? I thought the response to that was shocking: "Better have her sign a consent form, she looks like the "false rape charge" type," and this one, '"This does explain the "quality" of work Marvel has been putting out of late,' was just sexist. I get that it maybe a joke but that doesn't really come across on twitter and it's just plain sexist. Nowhere near as bad a death threat, however.

Well the rape remark was bad sure, but "the quality of work Marvel has been putting out of late" remark again I think was more related to the fact that they looked like hipsters.

Again though you do get a few assholes, but still if that is the worst they could get that really felt mild.

We aren't posting this on his twitter timeline, though.

Its still a public forum though that anyone could read. And lets be honest if Moff hadn't been chased off of twitter by feminists then I'm sure some of us would have told him he sucks on twitter for Cyber Brig at least.

16Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 5th August 2017, 11:45 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

http://www.ladbible.com/more/viral-food-cafe-owner-has-added-a-man-tax-of-18-percent-20170805

Cafe Owner Has Added A 'Man Tax' Of 18 Percent and seats Women first

17Feminist Cringe Thread Empty Re: Feminist Cringe Thread 30th August 2017, 7:15 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

A woman is calling for Father’s Day to be renamed ‘Special Person’s Day’ so that children without dads don’t feel left out or upset by their situation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/special-person-day-fathers-day-change-campaign-dr-red-ruby-scarlet-parents-children-one-parent-a7917681.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum