You are not connected. Please login or register

Not the Feminist Cringe Thread?

+2
burrunjor
Mott1
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 13th March 2017, 11:33 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Interesting

2Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 13th March 2017, 11:34 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/life/88775182/steering-clear-of-the-f-word-us-visiting-writer-jessa-crispin-talks-tarot-cards-and-modern-feminism

If this angry writer could design her ideal world, patriarchy, capitalism and consumerism would be bulldozed for a softer society that values love and care. Feminism would stop being just another form of middle-class aspiration and start concerning itself with those at the bottom of the system. "Feminism is – should be – a movement, not an excuse to stand still," she writes.

"We cannot create a safe world by dealing with misogyny on an individual basis. It is our entire culture, the way it runs on money, rewards inhumanity, encourages disconnection and isolation, causes great inequality and suffering, that's the enemy. That is the only enemy worth fighting." To all those safe 21st-century feminists arguing for equal pay and the right to rise to CEO, Crispin has a message: "If the conversation could shift a little. Can we stop talking about ourselves, and how feminism is about getting a good job and getting good money?

"We have to think beyond ourselves and about society. Our obligations precede our rights. "We owe something to society before we can take from society."

3Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 11th March 2018, 8:04 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Are you a feminist? It depends how you ask

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/03/08/when-feminist-not-feminist/

Assumes you have to be a feminist to want equal rights for the sexes. I think that we should eliminate poverty and improve working conditions but that doesn't necessarily make me a Marxist. It also denies people's ability to self-identify as whatever they choose.

From that article:
The fact that people across the continent are markedly more hostile to the term “feminist” in isolation, while at the same time so readily subscribing to the ideals the term represents, suggests the term itself has a serious image problem. It seems that yet another battle that feminists must now fight is the battle to reclaim the word itself.

4Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 11th March 2018, 8:21 am

iank

iank

Here's another suggestion - why not just get a life instead? Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 25th March 2018, 4:07 pm

Mott1

Mott1

6Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 25th March 2018, 4:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"Kamila proposed something radical - make 2018 the Year of Publishing Women, in which no new titles should be written by men."

Yeah, that's enough internet for me today I think.

7Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 25th March 2018, 7:12 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:"Kamila proposed something radical - make 2018 the Year of Publishing Women, in which no new titles should be written by men."

Its funny how feminists always use "I'm offended as an argument" when their very existence is offensive to any fair, rational, decent person.

8Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 25th March 2018, 7:57 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:"Kamila proposed something radical - make 2018 the Year of Publishing Women, in which no new titles should be written by men."

Its funny how feminists always use "I'm offended as an argument" when their very existence is offensive to any fair, rational, decent person.

Any man that kicks up a fuss about this will no doubt be humiliated and ganged up on. It has happened before, it will happen again. You can't call these people out of their shit anymore even if you happen to be right.

9Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 25th March 2018, 10:30 pm

iank

iank

I'm beginning to sympathise more and more with the Muslims stoning these harpies in the street.

10Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 26th March 2018, 8:53 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Sadly this is happening as a result.

Feminists are really fucking things up for everyone. What did they think was going to happen when they constantly demonise and attack men at every opportunity?

Constantly telling men that they are privileged (yeah I'm sure some guy working 9 hours in a Dickensian call centre is really going to LOVE being told by someone like Caitlin Moran whose never done a days work in her life that he is privileged for being a man.)

Constantly advocating outright discrimination against them from them losing their jobs to accusations, to smearing them as sexists over NOTHING like Steven Moffat, to refusing to hire them simply because of how they were born, to making phrases like toxic masculinity common place (and worse almost like an abusive spouse, telling men that all of this is for their own good, as being masculine apparently hurts everyone.)

Worse still the fact that feminists equate themselves to ALL women. Means that men will come to hate women in general rather than just feminism. Its nonsense of course. Only 7 percent of women identify as feminists in the UK, and some of the best critics of feminism are women! (Also some of the most obnoxious, bullying, cunty feminists are men too like Steve Shives.)

Sadly however because of the bullshit way the media has presented feminism, as being something that every single woman is a part of, and something that you have to be a part of if you're a man who thinks women should be equal to men, then its now causing men to hate women.

MGTOW, right wingers telling us women's place is in the home, gits like Naked Ape calling women over the age of 30 "roasties", men now not hiring women for jobs. This is all as a result, or been given a resurgance as a result of third wave feminism. It truly is an absolute fucking cancer!

11Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 30th March 2018, 3:14 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I've asked the organisers why they feel they can promote agendas such as Kamila's, and that I'll be interested to hear of an event where men-only publishing years can be proposed openly (I've also made it clear I don't agree with that either, but I feel it's necessary for balance and to prevent sexism).

They've read it and are yet to respond, I'll let you know when (or rather, if) they do! As Kamila is on facebook perhaps we should ask her directly.

12Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 31st March 2018, 6:28 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Very interesting video, a Feminist critiques Feminism. I would be surprised if anyone here disagrees with it.

https://www.facebook.com/JonathanPieReporter/videos/1509852115804343/

13Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 31st March 2018, 6:54 pm

Boofer

Boofer

It does need to be said though.

There's a difference between equal pay for equal work, and a cumulative wage gap that appears due to career and lifestyle choices.

The current media narrative is manipulative to the extent that it portrays it as a like-for-like wage gap, while ignoring some of the finer demographic issues demonstrated in the video.

I tell you when there will be a gap - in 20 years time when the women of this generation are out-earning men due to the widening education gap between boys and girls. But that'll probably be just fine because, vagina and shit.

14Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 27th April 2018, 7:52 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mott1 wrote:I've asked the organisers why they feel they can promote agendas such as Kamila's, and that I'll be interested to hear of an event where men-only publishing years can be proposed openly (I've also made it clear I don't agree with that either, but I feel it's necessary for balance and to prevent sexism).

They've read it and are yet to respond, I'll let you know when (or rather, if) they do! As Kamila is on facebook perhaps we should ask her directly.

Did you ever get a response in the end?

15Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 27th April 2018, 8:09 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

16Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 15th June 2018, 11:03 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

17Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 16th September 2019, 11:44 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Kate10

18Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? Empty Re: Not the Feminist Cringe Thread? 16th September 2019, 9:52 pm

iank

iank

Nobody cares, you stupid slapper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum