stengos
Bernard Marx
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
REDACTED
Boofer
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which is the stickiest, most foetid turd?

The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 3:49 pm

stengos

stengos

Tanmann wrote:
stengos wrote:
Boofer wrote:Nah. LOL

The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 Tenor

I have never understood who coud possibly have thought this scene was in any way a good idea: having the Doctor dangling from an ice cliff edge on the end of a fuckin' umbrella like Charlie Chaplin. And this isn't even meant as a criticism of Sylvester himself who I guess was just following the script. So presumably it was JNT, Cartmel, Chris Clough or Ian Briggs. The word "twat" comes to min.

Incidentally I thought this was the best story of season 24 so i feel it does have somethin of value about it.

Well I think the makers have always put that scene down to a miscommunication of the script to either the director or designers. That there was meant to be a lower ledge McCoy's Doctor thought he could reach, only to realize halfway down he'd miscalculated.

To be honest I think an actor like Pertwee or Tom could've conveyed clearly and wordlessly that that's what he was thinking. McCoy just makes it seem like a moment of exaggerated hapless panto idiocy.

So that's why it was filmed that way.

I think however the decision to make that stupid bit the cliffhanger rather than the immediately preceding moment where Mel screams at the Dragon.... I think was simply down to the more politically correct approach and the makers now being a bit ashamed of the show's alleged 'sexist' cliches prior.

It's the only explanation that makes sense. They put politics over what would make a better cliffhanger.

Thanks Tannman. I have genuinely always been interested in knowing the reasons for filming it that way. It was such a bizarre, embarrassing scene.

27The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 7:04 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

As for which is the worst on this poll, I’d say it’s a contest between Warriors of the Deep and Time and the Rani, but I can’t quite decide which one...

28The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 30th January 2020, 7:12 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:
Your taste in Who is generally fucking horrible. Wink

I've always gravitated towards the lesser rated stories for some strange reason. Stories like Pyramids of Mars or even The War Games don't really engage me in the same way that The Underwater Menace does. Not to sound up myself, but I honestly couldn't care less what the majority of fandom thinks about things. They said The Brain of Morbius was good and it wasn't. They said Pyramids of Mars was good and it wasn't. They said The Celestial Toymaker wasn't good and surprisingly it was. I just can't take perceived fan opinion seriously.

29The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 30th January 2020, 8:23 pm

iank

iank

That's cause it's mostly bollocks followed by sheep.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

30The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 30th January 2020, 10:07 pm

Mott1

Mott1

There were some good cliffhangers in the McCoy era, despite the notoriously bad one mentioned above. The end of The Greatest Show In The Galaxy episode 1 matches the end of The Caves Of Androzani episode 3.

31The best of a bad bunch. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 30th January 2020, 11:01 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I enjoy the "I think I may have gone a little too far" cliffhanger from part two of Delta.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum