stengos
Bernard Marx
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
REDACTED
Boofer
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which is the stickiest, most foetid turd?

The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_lcap0%The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_lcap0%The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_lcap14%The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_lcap14%The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_lcap29%The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_lcap29%The best of a bad bunch. I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The best of a bad bunch. Empty The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 2:59 pm

Boofer

Boofer

The poll to end all polls.

Which is the shittest, and why?

2The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 3:03 pm

REDACTED

Nimon is a masterpiece!

3The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 3:19 pm

Boofer

Boofer

It was that or Creature from the Pit.

Nimon is only marginally shitter.

4The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 3:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

You should have picked shittier stories. None of the options are anyway near the bottom of my list. One of them is actually a bona fide classic Wink

5The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 3:37 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Is it possible to cancel my vote?

I misread and thought we were voting for the least shit (so I voted Nimon).

6The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 4:02 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Tanmann wrote:Is it possible to cancel my vote?

I misread and thought we were voting for the least shit (so I voted Nimon).

I had a look and, tough shit, it can't be changed! LOL LOL LOL

7The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 4:05 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Pepsi Maxil wrote:You should have picked shittier stories. None of the options are anyway near the bottom of my list. One of them is actually a bona fide classic Wink

Your taste in Who is generally fucking horrible. Wink

Maybe we need a poll on the worst stories for each Doctor? Maybe a choice of four for each and then a final mega poll?

I'll let one of the poll wankers here do it if they want to. LOL

8The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 4:12 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I don’t mind The Gunfighters or Nimon, to be perfectly honest, but the rest are utter shite. I gravitate towards either Warriors, Twin Dilemma or Time and the Rani as the stickiest turd, although I’ve not seen them for years (bar Warriors) and so may need to re-watch at some stage to clarify which one truly is the worst.

9The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 4:36 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Although I misvoted, I'd say the worst is definitely Warriors (quell suprise).

It's like they decided to deliberately do an anti-war story and a nod to the show's illustrious history and canon, that would thoroughly embarrass it's own every case for the show's supposed importance, continued relevance and worth, and why anyone should be a fan of it, to an actually toxic degree.

Even Chibnall's woke era rarely got this awful, misjudged and preachy.

10The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 5:24 pm

stengos

stengos

Close run thing between T&TR and HoN.

At the moment i would say HoN. Okay Holmes and Hinchcille did pastices of classic horror stories and Greek Myths but HoN was cheap, tacky and simplistic with no style or panache about and some awful acting from Blue Peter girl, her boyfriend and the captain of the prison ship on its way to the Nimon's world. And lets not forget the Scooby Doo sound effects when the Tardis Console blew up in episode 1.

11The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 6:08 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

The Gunfighters - boring, but not awful 6/10

The Space Pirates - I like this one 8/10

The Time Monster - One of Pertwee's best! 9/10

The Horns of Nimon - another good one 9/10

Warriors of the Deep - another boring one 6/10

The Twin Dilemma - the worst one here 5/10

Time and the Rani -  good except for the regeneration scene 7/10

My bottom 5 (worst at the bottom of the list):
Twin Dilemma
Greatest Show in the Galaxy
Paradise Towers
Happiness Patrol
Mindwarp

12The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 6:43 pm

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

The Time Monster - two words: Ingrid Pitt!
The Horns of Nimon is very good indeed- a close second.  Tom and Lalla are excellent.

13The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 6:49 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Hold on- the thread is called “best of a bad bunch”, yet the question of the thread is which turd is the stickiest. Are we choosing the best or the worst out of these stories? Different Hivers seem to be interpreting it differently, although I presume we’re choosing which story is the worst here.

14The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 6:52 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Ah, I was just able to cancel my misvote for Nimon, and vote Warriors after all.

That felt good Big Grin

15The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 8:51 pm

iank

iank

I've no idea why Nimon is even in this list. It's a comedy classic, providing you can remove the giant stick from your butt and release your pent-up sense of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

16The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 10:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Ah, I was just able to cancel my misvote for Nimon, and vote Warriors after all.

That felt good Big Grin

"It can't be changed!"

You're full of shit, Boofer LOL

17The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 10:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:
Your taste in Who is generally fucking horrible. Wink

Says the person who prefers Pertwee's train wreck of a last season to the McCoy years . LOL

18The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 10:57 pm

iank

iank

He's got you there, lad. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

19The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 21st January 2020, 11:54 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Nah. LOL

The best of a bad bunch. Tenor

20The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 2:27 am

Ludders

Ludders

I waded in without reading it properly and voted for the best of the bunch. (Time Monster) LOL
ea
It should really be an obvious choice of Time and the Rani for worst.... but The Gunfighters.... oh dear, that makes it much more difficult to choose.....

But Time and the Rani edges it.... LOL

21The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 5:21 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Actually I've still never seen the Gunfighters.

22The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 5:26 am

Ludders

Ludders

Tanmann wrote:Actually I've still never seen the Gunfighters.

You’ll find it on that link that I PM’d you about quite a while ago. Wink

23The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 5:36 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Ludders wrote:
Tanmann wrote:Actually I've still never seen the Gunfighters.

You’ll find it on that link that I PM’d you about quite a while ago. Wink

Ah. Cheers!Smile

24The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 9:20 am

stengos

stengos

Boofer wrote:Nah. LOL

I have never understood who coud possibly have thought this scene was in any way a good idea: having the Doctor dangling from an ice cliff edge on the end of a fuckin' umbrella like Charlie Chaplin. And this isn't even meant as a criticism of Sylvester himself who I guess was just following the script. So presumably it was JNT, Cartmel, Chris Clough or Ian Briggs. The word "twat" comes to min.

Incidentally I thought this was the best story of season 24 so i feel it does have somethin of value about it.

25The best of a bad bunch. Empty Re: The best of a bad bunch. 22nd January 2020, 9:58 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote:
Boofer wrote:Nah. LOL

I have never understood who coud possibly have thought this scene was in any way a good idea: having the Doctor dangling from an ice cliff edge on the end of a fuckin' umbrella like Charlie Chaplin. And this isn't even meant as a criticism of Sylvester himself who I guess was just following the script. So presumably it was JNT, Cartmel, Chris Clough or Ian Briggs. The word "twat" comes to min.

Incidentally I thought this was the best story of season 24 so i feel it does have somethin of value about it.

Well I think the makers have always put that scene down to a miscommunication of the script to either the director or designers. That there was meant to be a lower ledge McCoy's Doctor thought he could reach, only to realize halfway down he'd miscalculated.

To be honest I think an actor like Pertwee or Tom could've conveyed clearly and wordlessly that that's what he was thinking. McCoy just makes it seem like a moment of exaggerated hapless panto idiocy.

So that's why it was filmed that way.

I think however the decision to make that stupid bit the cliffhanger rather than the immediately preceding moment where Mel screams at the Dragon.... I think was simply down to the more politically correct approach and the makers now being a bit ashamed of the show's alleged 'sexist' cliches prior.

It's the only explanation that makes sense. They put politics over what would make a better cliffhanger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum