You are not connected. Please login or register

Previous Doctors Staying On For One More Season

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Mercury's discussions have brought me a great idea.

What would the scenario be if a previous Doctor stayed on for an extra Season? For example, Hartnell staying on for Season 4, Pertwee staying for Season 12, Colin for Season 24, etc.
Would the dynamics between companions be different, would the style of the eras be different, how would the personalities of the Doctor work for their next era? Discuss.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well I've done Tom and Davison.

It might've been interesting if Troughton had stayed on in colour, and had gotten exiled without being forcibly regenerated (I could easily imagine Inferno being amended to be Troughton's regeneration story)

I think Troughton would've taken to Season 7 quite well. I can imagine him being appropriately earnest in The Silurians, mischievous with Liz in Spearhead. Even as late into the era as The Three Doctors, Troughton seemed to be perfectly in his element in the colour UNIT era like he'd never been away.

REDACTED

I could see Season 7 for Troughton being what Season 18 was for Tom Baker. A more serious, experimental season following a series of lighthearted, zany seasons.

I personally couldn't see Pertwee doing Season 12 though to be honest.... Robot and Revenge Of The Cybermen perhaps, but the middle three are clearly more towards Tom's niche.

REDACTED

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:Mercury's discussions have brought me a great idea.

INDRID'S discussions have brought me a great idea. Wink

Joking aside, I appreciate your expansion. Smile

Fendelman

Fendelman

I've always thought that season 12 was sort of like watching Tom Baker doing Pertwee style stories anyway. I could definitely see Pertwee in season 12.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum