You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you ever been moved to tears by anything in the original series?

+2
Pepsi Maxil
REDACTED
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

REDACTED

Has the original series ever left you feeling sad or overly emotional in any way?

Whilst not fully tear-jerking, the endings to both Fury From The Deep and The Green Death leave me welling up.

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 20th January 2020, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I found the ending of Delta and the Bannermen to be quite emotional. I really felt really sorry for Rey and the fact that everyone was going their own separate ways after experiencing such an exciting adventure together.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Logopolis did.

It was a bit of a delayed response but it was a very harrowing viewing indeed.

The Dalek Invasion of Earth, and Web of Fear ("That boy and that Doctor's all that child's got in the world") definitely got to me emotionally and gave me a major lump in my throat. Though only Logopolis got me to tear up.

The only other examples of Doctor Who that have moved me to tears are Parting of the Ways and Asylum of the Daleks in terms of New Who, and on audio, Spare Parts, Creatures of Beauty, Dalek Empire (when Susan gives her first awkward speech of hope to the slaves) and the end of Cyberman 2 (God, that gets me every time!). Seven Keys to Doomsday got to me a lot in the end too.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I don't suppose you lot were bawling it when Maddox died in Warriors?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I don't suppose you lot were bawling it when Maddox died in Warriors?

Couldn't have given less of a shit...

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:I don't suppose you lot were bawling it when Maddox died in Warriors?

He was wretched. I did feel something for Tara Ward when she died, but the other characters didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Tanmann wrote:

He was wretched. I did feel something for Tara Ward when she died, but the other characters didn't leave much of an impression on me.

I think that's possibly because the story was originally leading to her surviving before Saward changed that, so it does become a bit of a gut-punch shock. And also, Tara's clearly one of the only members of the guest cast who actually cares (in spite of the generally misanthropic script). She still seems to appreciate the story, it's message and its fans to this day, in a very spiritual sense.

She really was too good for that story.

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I've never got tearful (besides young me being tearful at Doomsday and End of Time), but Fury From The Deep definitely is a story that always leaves me sad. I ship Jamie and Victoria so seeing them depart so solemnly just tugs my heartstrings.
Although I will say that the audio, The Reaping definitely got to me as well thanks to Bryant and Colin's excellent performance over Peri's grief on her mother's unexpected death.

Ludders

Ludders

Yes, when I was 11.
I was sad to see Jon go, and his regen scene really brought that feeling home.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Probably Zoe and Jamie's leaving scene in "The War Games" and having their memory wiped along with Pertwee's solo drive after Jo Grant leaves him in "The Green Death".

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum