You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartnell era or Troughton era?

+2
REDACTED
Ludders
6 posters

Hartnell era or Troughton era?

Hartnell era or Troughton era? I_vote_lcap30%Hartnell era or Troughton era? I_vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Hartnell era or Troughton era? I_vote_lcap70%Hartnell era or Troughton era? I_vote_rcap 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hartnell era or Troughton era? Empty Hartnell era or Troughton era? 11th December 2019, 10:27 am

Ludders

Ludders

Sort of a companion to my '60s thread.
If you had to choose, which would you pick?

This is not a favourite Doctor question. That might be part of it, but the main consideration is the stories themselves, and the eras as a whole.

2Hartnell era or Troughton era? Empty Re: Hartnell era or Troughton era? 11th December 2019, 12:25 pm

REDACTED

Troughton era

Whilst I love Hartnell's era and think that it is the most underrated of the original series. The Troughton era is my favourite era of the original series overall with its zany, comic book-esque sci fi balanced out with some lovely horror that serves as a precursor the Hinchcliffe period. I like all of the companions of that period and it introduced some of the best villains and monsters of the shows history such as the Macra, Great Intelligence, The Ice Warriors and the Time Lords themselves (although sadly both the latter would be diminished by later appearances.) Overall just great stuff.

3Hartnell era or Troughton era? Empty Re: Hartnell era or Troughton era? 11th December 2019, 10:35 pm

stengos

stengos

Troughton although I have to say I haven't seen a lot of it.

4Hartnell era or Troughton era? Empty Re: Hartnell era or Troughton era? 12th December 2019, 1:20 am

iank

iank

I think probably Troughton just on account of his stories being more likely for me to reach for at the last moment sort of thing. You have to be more kind of 'in the mood' for a Hartnell.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Hartnell era or Troughton era? Empty Re: Hartnell era or Troughton era? 17th December 2019, 1:27 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Overly long historicals versus base-under-seige, hmmm... scratch

6Hartnell era or Troughton era? Empty Re: Hartnell era or Troughton era? 17th December 2019, 1:28 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I went for Troughton because of his charisma and consistency, whereas, some Hartnell's are more imaginative and pioneering. Somebody hurry and find Galaxy 4 and the Savages, you cunts!

7Hartnell era or Troughton era? Empty Re: Hartnell era or Troughton era? 6th February 2020, 7:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I voted for the Hartnell era because I absolutely adore the historical stuff. That said, Troughton's era is very, very good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum