Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Lie of the Land Empty The Lie of the Land 25th May 2017, 11:59 pm

Chris

Chris

Discuss

2The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 31st May 2017, 7:46 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-31/is-doctor-who-planning-another-massive-twist

You see, some fans are now speculating that what we see in the next episode – the Monks’ authoritarian society and the Doctor’s cooperation with their plans – isn’t actually happening, and that the whole thing will in fact be revealed as another simulation just like the Monks’ attack in the series' sixth episode Extremis. The Monks have been running these simulations for thousands if not millions of years, so who’s to say they wouldn’t want one more dry run at seeing how their rule would actually play out?

Let's hope not.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

3The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 31st May 2017, 8:01 pm

Defeatment

I would also have accepted "You Lying Get!" as a Poll option.
Really hope it doesn't end up as another simulation. Not been enjoying the past two weeks as I'd surprisingly enjoyed the first few episodes of this series. Like my opinion matters!

4The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 31st May 2017, 8:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Lie of the Time Lords
Turn Lie

5The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 31st May 2017, 9:16 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Advance review reckons it's a dissapointing end to the trilogy

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-the-lie-of-the-land-advance-review-85101.htm

6The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 3rd June 2017, 8:46 pm

Defeatment

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. But will probably fall apart on second viewing.

7The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 3rd June 2017, 9:05 pm

Zarius

Zarius

First real dud I've seen this series. Shame, given I loved the last two instalments of the trilogy.

After seeing the power of love ending subverted last week, it's back with a vengeance this week.

Lots of familiar beats...and the regeneration fake-out was just that. Does that mean Capaldi's wasted an incarnation but kept the same face? The last time the Doctor faked a lightshow like that, he was in a robot.

8The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 3rd June 2017, 9:23 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Jesus Christ, what was that!? pale

9The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 3rd June 2017, 9:48 pm

Chris

Chris

The Lie of the Land 8eded510

10The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 3rd June 2017, 10:38 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

You can tell it was a dystopia cos nobody had collected the bins.

11The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 3rd June 2017, 10:46 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Died the moment it went down the 'power of lurve' alley.

Cringe factor 11.

12The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 4th June 2017, 4:05 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Not been watching this series so can someone give me the load down on who these monks are and what`s been going on?

13The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 4th June 2017, 8:22 am

Zarius

Zarius

Genkimonk wrote:Not been watching this series so can someone give me the load down on who these monks are and what`s been going on?

They never bothered ellaborating on what the Monks were. They just wanted to invade and did not much of particular note to earn their threat level.

This is about sums them up

14The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 4th June 2017, 8:55 am

iank

iank

Not overlooking forward to this one...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

15The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 4th June 2017, 10:42 am

Defeatment

I was greatly amused by the pre-credits sequence. But yikes! 3 million viewers! And still the second highest rated show for the BBC last night.
Oh what a world, what a world.

16The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 4th June 2017, 10:50 am

Boofer

Boofer

Genkimonk wrote:Not been watching this series so can someone give me the load down on who these monks are and what`s been going on?

They're ancient, blind Japanese mummies who developed super-powers after being hit by gamma rays from SN185, just after the Jōmon period.

They fled planet earth in giant white, stick-shaped ships to a planet called Labradhor, where they spread out across the universe, ultimately forgetting their humble origins in the process.

In this episode, they've returned to earth to harvest the eyes of those they consider the 'lesser' of the species i.e. the sick, the poor, women, Googlebox watchers, etc.

They do this by running their hands over their restrained victim's head, blindly rummaging around in their eye socket until a nice new eyeball and optic nerve emerges. The monks also record the pathetic wails of the eyeless while they endure this torture, and use them to crack one off when there's a shortage of Dominos Pizza eaters.

They are the Genkimonk.

17The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 4th June 2017, 10:23 pm

iank

iank

Hmm, well that was all a bit of a waste of time, wasn't it? It wasn't absolutely terrible or anything, but it all felt very rushed, half-baked and under-developed. As someone on another forum has noted, we've just had the equivalent of an old school six-parter - more than 2 hours of screen time - and yet there wasn't so much as one interesting and fully developed guest character in the entire thing. And the monks ended up a bit much ado about nothing as well.
Frankly, I suspect Moffat had the idea for Extremis and then had no particular idea of where to go with it from the end. Meh. Suspect
Still, ice Warriors next week. Let's hope Gatiss was having one of his good days...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

18The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 5th June 2017, 8:07 am

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

The monks remind me of the deformed master from The Deadly Assassin and The Keeper of Traken.

19The Lie of the Land Empty Re: The Lie of the Land 5th June 2017, 2:22 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

That's what I thought when I first saw a picture of one.

I'm also sure I made another post in this thread about the memory police van in the episode but it's not here now. Maybe I forgot to click send, or maybe the memory police are messing with us. The fuckers. 8==D~~

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum