You are not connected. Please login or register

Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Empty Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 10th November 2019, 10:32 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

For Burrunjor and the booty lovers of the forum:

Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Ingrid10

2Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Empty Re: Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 10th November 2019, 10:19 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

A bit more vulgar than my usual threads LOL, but god damn is she beautiful and sexy as hell in that picture. By far and away the most gorgeous woman ever to be in DW by a mile.

She's a good actress too. What a shame she's always in crap. Sad

Her new film is Last Christmas which looks mince. I haven't seen it, but really its by Paul Feig and stars miss up her own arse herself, Emma Thompson.

IMO someone needs to adapt Fray with Dana Delorenzo as Fray and Ingrid Oliver as her Watcher. She'd be great as a female Giles type figure, (which we don't actually see that often) whilst Dana would kick ass as Fray.

If you're reading this Joss Whedon, rather than pointlessly remake Buffy with a black lead (to score woke points with people who will hate you no matter what), PLEASE adapt Fray with Dana and Ingrid. Fray is one of the best pieces of Vampire fiction, and one of the best things Joss Whedon has ever written. (Might add James Marsters is a huge fan of Dana too. Surely you'd couldn't get a better recommendation for the new slayer outside of Sarah Michelle Gellar herself!)

3Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Empty Re: Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 20th November 2019, 4:39 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

She's been cast in a big role in a Terry Pratchet series. Glad to see she's getting more work here and abroad. Someone just pair her and Dana Delorenzo in something together. Big Grin

Incidentally I recently got some of the UNIT spin off series she's in and some of them are actually quite good. The first one with the Nestenes was a bit of a bust (I'll be honest and say I've never got the longterm appeal of the Autons? Their classic era stories are great, but they are such a one trick pony.) Still I liked the Dalek story and the Cybermen story arc was great. (Jacobi is so much a better Master than his two successors.)

Did anyone see Last Christmas? I hate to say I didn't bother because it was Paul Feig, but that was closed minded of me. I've heard mixed things. Its supposed to be sappy, but then again it is a Christmas movie. Surprisingly Paul Feig is taking the criticism really well. Maybe he learned his lesson from Ghostbusters?

Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread EJvpzR6XkAE1QNt

Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Sans+titre-1_0002_i_MG_2775+copy

12/10

4Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Empty Re: Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 20th November 2019, 5:06 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

burrunjor wrote:She's been cast in a big role in a Terry Pratchet series. Glad to see she's getting more work here and abroad. Someone just pair her and Dana Delorenzo in something together. Big Grin

Incidentally I recently got some of the UNIT spin off series she's in and some of them are actually quite good. The first one with the Nestenes was a bit of a bust (I'll be honest and say I've never got the longterm appeal of the Autons? Their classic era stories are great, but they are such a one trick pony.) Still I liked the Dalek story and the Cybermen story arc was great. (Jacobi is so much a better Master than his two successors.)

Did anyone see Last Christmas? I hate to say I didn't bother because it was Paul Feig, but that was closed minded of me. I've heard mixed things. Its supposed to be sappy, but then again it is a Christmas movie. Surprisingly Paul Feig is taking the criticism really well. Maybe he learned his lesson from Ghostbusters?

12/10

In the case of Autons, I think that the problem is that writers tend to think that their main sticking point is them coming out of shops and attacking people, when I know that they can be so much more. In fact, the Eighth Doctor audio, Brave New Town, shows that the Autons can be more.

I might see Last Christmas, if only for Emilia Clarke. I love her personality and wish that she got better material to show her acting capabilities. I'll be honest, I don't like Game of Thrones. I think that it often uses shock value for the sake of shocking the audience. With its excessive scenes on incest and rape (sometimes both simultaneously), it often feels childish and gratuitous. But I did somewhat power on through, just because of Emilia Clarke (and admittedly Jason Momoa), until stopping mid-Season 3, just because of the excessive of supposedly 'dark and mature' themes.

5Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Empty Re: Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 20th November 2019, 5:37 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
burrunjor wrote:She's been cast in a big role in a Terry Pratchet series. Glad to see she's getting more work here and abroad. Someone just pair her and Dana Delorenzo in something together. Big Grin

12/10

In the case of Autons, I think that the problem is that writers tend to think that their main sticking point is them coming out of shops and attacking people, when I know that they can be so much more. In fact, the Eighth Doctor audio, Brave New Town, shows that the Autons can be more.

I might see Last Christmas, if only for Emilia Clarke. I love her personality and wish that she got better material to show her acting capabilities. I'll be honest, I don't like Game of Thrones. I think that it often uses shock value for the sake of shocking the audience. With its excessive scenes on incest and rape (sometimes both simultaneously), it often feels childish and gratuitous. But I did somewhat power on through, just because of Emilia Clarke (and admittedly Jason Momoa), until stopping mid-Season 3, just because of the excessive of supposedly 'dark and mature' themes.
The incest and rape didn’t bother me as such (mainly due to my being hooked by the excellent world building, sprawling narrative and characterisation, and The Rains of Castamere is a truly powerful piece of tragic TV), but the abundance of it does dissipate considerably past season 3. Mind you, the writing takes a dive as well past season 4, and season 8 is one of the most ill-conceived seasons of TV I have ever experienced, so I can’t say I’d really recommend the series at all at this point.

Agreed about Jacobi’s Master, burrunjor. I’ve always considered it a shame that he got no more than 3 minutes on screen to actually play the character, and in exchange for Simm’s over the top incarnation.

6Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Empty Re: Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 21st November 2019, 12:07 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:Agreed about Jacobi’s Master, burrunjor. I’ve always considered it a shame that he got no more than 3 minutes on screen to actually play the character, and in exchange for Simm’s over the top incarnation.

Jacobi was excellent as the Master. Its incredible how he nailed the character more in 2 mins than Gomez did in 15 episodes. He is definitely the characters last hurrah.

Utopia was also the only really great episode with the Master since Survival in 1989. Had they stayed in the year 100 trillion setting and kept Jacobi, the season 3 finale could have been one of the best Master stories, but it descended into yet another third rate War of the Worlds with the Jesus Doctor.

Its such a shame as I do feel the Master is a potentially fascinating character, but the Fitzroy Crowd have never written him right. Either they turned him into a Joker expy, or River Song mark 2.

Still this scene is excellent. The look Jacobi has after opening the watch says it all.  

The UNIT series meanwhile is great fun overall. It doesn't feel as stupid as the other Big Finish spin offs like Lady Christina, as UNIT have always been a big part of DW. They'd have been a natural choice for a spin off decades ago, much like the Daleks.

Its just such a shame that they never did a UNIT spin off with Nicholas Courtney. Ingrid alongside Nicholas Courtney and Freema Agyeman would have been my favourite UNIT family.

Oh and Ingrid's voice is just so sensual and sexy. Its as gorgeous as Nicholas Briggs thinks his voice is. LOL

7Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread Empty Re: Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 21st November 2019, 12:18 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:In the case of Autons, I think that the problem is that writers tend to think that their main sticking point is them coming out of shops and attacking people, when I know that they can be so much more. In fact, the Eighth Doctor audio, Brave New Town, shows that the Autons can be more.

Sadly I've not heard that audio story. Perhaps there is more that can be done with the Autons, but so far all three of their big tv appearances have been the same exact story, just recycled. I actually prefer the Weeping Angels TBH.

The Angels and the Autons were the same basic idea, take something every day and make it scary, but so far on tv I think the Angels have been shown to have more mileage.

Blink and the Matt Smith two parter couldn't be more different, though granted the Angels are a bit more inconsistent in their powers.

Emillia Clarke is a great actress and very pretty, but Ingrid is better  Big Grin

Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread USOAWJxD_400x400

Ingrid Oliver's arse appreciation thread 9a6a3c2c86bacc2337fb9905cd1aebac

I wonder if most google image results for Ingrid Oliver take people to the Hive?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum