Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys

+4
iank
Boofer
Tanmann
Bernard Marx
8 posters

Terminator sequels

Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys I_vote_lcap44%Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys I_vote_rcap 44% [ 4 ]
Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys I_vote_lcap0%Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys I_vote_lcap56%Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys I_vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 22nd October 2019, 12:05 pm

REDACTED

Whilst the first two films are regarded as classics. the (rather unnecessary) sequels after tend to divide fans on which is at least the best of a sour bunch....

2Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 22nd October 2019, 12:18 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

This is a difficult choice, as I take the stance that all three of them are complete shite. Genisys is probably the most entertaining of the bunch, but also the most incompetently written. The third one is nothing more than a half-arsed replica of Terminator 2 with severe tonal inconsistencies and lesser performances, and Salvation was tremendously dull even if it was narratively more original than T3.

I’ll probably vote for Genisys on a subjective basis, although Terminator 3 is probably the least shit as a script.

3Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 22nd October 2019, 12:37 pm

REDACTED

Terminator 3 is my pick for the worst in the series. An hollow, soulless rehash of Terminator 2 that feels more like a parody of the previous films than an actual sequel. the ending is the only great thing about.

Terminator Salvation has a good concept of showing a movie set in the future, but is let down by the acting and directing.

Terminator Genisys is a mess but somehow an entertaining mess.

4Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 22nd October 2019, 2:47 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Yeah I'd go with Genesys being the most entertaining.

Terminator 3 was definitely a watered down entry but I did get a kick out of its set-pieces, and the cast did a pretty decent job with the material. However it has aged pretty horribly now.

Terminator: Salvation sadly was just lifeless and forgettable, and really felt more like a Michael Bay Transformers movie than Terminator.

5Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 22nd October 2019, 3:25 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I really enjoy Terminator 3. It's a proper popcorn apocalypse film. One you can just sit and ride through without too much use of independent brain power.

The other two are utter shite.

6Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 22nd October 2019, 3:59 pm

REDACTED

Although I am not a fan of Marco Beltrami's score for this movie, this piece here is excellent. Really haunting....

7Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 22nd October 2019, 9:47 pm

iank

iank

They're all wildly unnecessary. But I will give it to Genisys for not just being a rehash like T3 but also realising, apparently unlike many "fans", that the only reason the "future war" is at all interesting is the juxtaposition when it comes back to interfere with the past. Salvation, as well as being sans Arnie, takes place in an environment that is entirely uninteresting without the time travel aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 23rd October 2019, 9:54 am

Ludders

Ludders

T3 for me. It's a decent enough action movie.

I haven't seen Genisys, partly because I was unimpressed with Salvation, so didn't bother.

9Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 26th October 2019, 10:11 am

Zarius

Zarius

Genesys has an interesting premise, but let down by the execution and a trailer that spoiled every possible surprise plot beat, oh the kid playing Sarah? Just don't.

Salvation does something different, but feels like a standard bogged-down post-apocalypse B movie, it's far more well known for the Bale rant behind-the-scenes.

Rise has a great theme to it (destiny will not be denied), good female characters, and a solid ending, you just don't buy it's version of John as a guy who can lead anything...he doesn't even remind you of the wise-ass punk kid in T2.

10Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 26th October 2019, 2:21 pm

REDACTED

Zarius wrote: You just don't buy it's version of John as a guy who can lead anything...he doesn't even remind you of the wise-ass punk kid in T2.

To be honest, the idea that John would grow into a paranoid mess living off the grid and in fear of Skynet's return sounds more realistic but I don't know whether it was the writing or Stahl's performance that let it down.

I much prefer John's future depicted in T2's alternate ending (and that ending in general as it closes the series perfectly and means we don't get any crappy sequels and remakes after).

11Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 26th October 2019, 9:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Indrid Mercury wrote:I much prefer John's future depicted in T2's alternate ending (and that ending in general as it closes the series perfectly and means we don't get any crappy sequels and remakes after).

That in itself could have led to worthy sequels as the idea of John being a politician getting into debates over weaponizing artificial intelligence could have reasonably given Skynet a new window of opportunity.

12Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys Empty Re: Terminator 3 vs Salvation Vs Genisys 29th October 2019, 9:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I have fond memories of watching T3 when I was a kid. I wouldn't mind watching it again just for Kristanna Loken.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum