Mott1
Ludders
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
iank
Zarius
REDACTED
10 posters

AREYOUABUSINESSMAN?

The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day I_vote_lcap58%The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day I_vote_rcap 58% [ 7 ]
The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day I_vote_lcap42%The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day I_vote_rcap 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day Empty The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day 16th December 2019, 6:12 pm

REDACTED

Whilst we've had a discussion on the shitty sequels after. Which of James Cameron's original two science fiction classics do you prefer?

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 19th January 2020, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zarius

Zarius

Terminator 2 mania gripped me in the 90s...first saw it in religious education classes. Had the toys and played the arcade game relentlessy. Best r-rated kids flick ever.

iank

iank

T2 is a classic, but the original is still the best. It's also much more of a horror movie than any they've done since. Let's face it, it's Halloween with a cyborg. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

T1 was more original.

Ludders

Ludders

T3

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Red Sonja.

Mott1

Mott1

Both are brill, both are paced fantastically. However T1 contains what I think is the most menacing antagonist in movie history - a role and performance that Arnie never topped. No humour, no winking at the audience - even in the quiet scenes you can almost feel him still bearing down on our heroes. Such a shame to see what the series has been reduced to recently.

The FX in the 1st film are very dated, but like with the best of classic-era Who I don't give a stuff.

Fendelman

Fendelman

I watched T1, 2, and 3 the day before yesterday. I hadn't seen either in years. T2 used to be my favorite, but this time I preferred T1. I just didn't really buy the ending where Arnie sacrificed himself. It makes you wonder if the machines really are that bad, and that maybe they shouldn't wiped from existence. But nothing else in the first two movies even remotely points in that direction. They should have just had Arnie grab Doggett and have them both fall into the melted metal at the same time. (There was never any question that it was in his programming to sacrifice himself to save John's life from the other terminator - but to simply stop the machines from existing - I don't buy it.)

This was the first time I saw T3 - It was more a remake of T2 than a sequel. They just changed it by making the evil terminator a hot girl and gave it an alternate ending. It was ok, but not up to the quality of the first 2 movies.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've always liked RoboCop more.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’m going for T1 as well. It’s a more atmospheric action thriller more reliant on grit as opposed to gloss, and as Iank says, is effectively a horror film under the guise of an action sci-fi, thus making it more distinctive within its genre. T2 is great, regardless.

The rest are utterly awful, mind.

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

I like 'em both but voted for T1 as I slightly prefer it.

However, don't forget about this influential little episode:

The Outer Limits: Soldier, 1964.

The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day Aaa_so11

Fendelman

Fendelman

The Outer Limits (original series) rules! I got the whole thing on VHS and DVD. Now that I think about it Demon with a Glass Hand was probably also influential.

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Fendelman wrote:The Outer Limits (original series) rules! I got the whole thing on VHS and DVD. Now that I think about it Demon with a Glass Hand was probably also influential.

Yes, what a grand old series! (the 60's Outer Limits, not the boring '90s version of the show) and I do believe both Soldier and Demon with a Glass Hand were used in the lawsuit by writer Harlan Ellison against James Cameron for ripping off his ideas in The Terminator.

The Terminator vs Terminator 2 Judgement Day Aaa_de10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum