Best season 11 story I_vote_lcap0%Best season 11 story I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best season 11 story I_vote_lcap0%Best season 11 story I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best season 11 story I_vote_lcap42%Best season 11 story I_vote_rcap 42% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best season 11 story Empty Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 9:42 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

This season doesn’t seem too popular around here, but which is the best story? I lean towards either Time Warrior or Invasion Of The Dinosaurs, but am still unsure as to what to pick.

2Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 9:47 am

stengos

stengos

Invasion of the Dinosaurs - regardless of the sfx.

The rest of the season is okay although I think Time Warrior has some poor acting going on and Spiders is a bit overlong and too Pertwee-self-indulgent.

3Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 9:53 am

iank

iank

Time Warrior by miles.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 10:21 am

Ludders

Ludders

Whilst being aware of its faults, my long held affection for Planet of the Spiders remains undimmed.

5Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 10:51 am

stengos

stengos

Ronnie wrote:Whilst being aware of its faults, my long held affection for Planet of the Spiders remains undimmed.

It is very good and i have fond memories of it. Its just overlong. Isn't the reprise for one episode sthg like 5 minutes long? And there is a chase between the Dotor and Lipton which takes up about 10 miutes airtime. Jon must have enjoyed that but unfortunately I didn't.

But there is a lot that is good in it and i really enjoy. Its by no means a bad story. Its even got Gambit from the New Avengers in it. Its a shame they couldn't find a small role for Purdey aswell.

Had it been 5 episodes instead of 6 I think i would have been happier with the end product.

6Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 11:20 am

Ludders

Ludders

stengos wrote:It is very good and i have fond memories of it. Its just overlong. Isn't the reprise for one episode sthg like 5 minutes long? And there is a chase between the Dotor and Lipton which takes up about 10 miutes airtime. Jon must have enjoyed that but unfortunately I didn't.

Yeah, those are the faults that I speak of. But that's what fast-forward is for.  LOL

stengos wrote:Had it been 5 episodes instead of 6 I think i would have been happier with the end product.

I tend to agree.
I remember the omnibus edition that was broadcast before 'Robot' aired. Much tighter.

7Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 10:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Time Warrior is the only thing here that actually resembles decent television.

8Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 20th August 2019, 11:17 pm

iank

iank

The Woman Who Fell to Earth.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin LOL Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 21st August 2019, 7:32 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

One of the more arbitary things about New Who which sucks is how the term ‘season 11’ will now commonly be perceived as the first Whittaker season as opposed to the final Pertwee season (as evidenced by google searches), compromising the memory of Classic Who all the more.

10Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 21st August 2019, 7:38 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I referred to Season 12 on the official DW page on FB a few years back. Someone actually replied the following:

"Funny, that's not even been made yet!"

Seriously.

11Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 21st August 2019, 7:40 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Commander Maxil wrote:I referred to Season 12 on the official DW page on FB a few years back. Someone actually replied the following:

"Funny, that's even been made yet!"

Seriously.
How embarrassing. And I assumed you were explicit in which set of stories you referred to? Mind you, any genuine Who fan should be capable of distinguishing ‘season 12’ from ‘series 12’- they’re supposed to be nerds!

12Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 21st August 2019, 7:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:I referred to Season 12 on the official DW page on FB a few years back. Someone actually replied the following:

"Funny, that's even been made yet!"

Seriously.
How embarrassing. And I assumed you were explicit in which set of stories you referred to? Mind you, any genuine Who fan should be capable of distinguishing ‘season 12’ from ‘series 12’.

Fans were talking about debut seasons and I had mentioned something about Season 12. This was while NuWho was on its eighth season. I also got referred to as grandpa by a little shit when I called him up on his lack of respect for the classic Doctors. "I wasn't even born when the older ones were around anyway!" Neither was I, mate. Neither was I. There were other instances where I was insulted by NuWho fans. One drew attention to my Classic Who fanpage (which I often commented as when I went on the official page) and how terrible my taste was for liking it.

13Best season 11 story Empty Re: Best season 11 story 21st August 2019, 7:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

You literally could not criticize any aspect of NuWho without some little turd labeling you a "FAKE FAN!" and asking to see your writing credentials because, as we all know, you can't criticize terrible writing if you're not a professional writer yourself. It was obviously fine for the usual pricks to post crap like "If you think Moffat's writing is bad then you've clearly never seen a story written by Pip and Jane Baker" though. JNT bashing was a big thing on there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum