Best season 8 story I_vote_lcap0%Best season 8 story I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best season 8 story I_vote_lcap10%Best season 8 story I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Best season 8 story I_vote_lcap30%Best season 8 story I_vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best season 8 story Empty Best season 8 story 19th August 2019, 6:57 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I thought I’d make another best story poll just to pass the time (it’s been a very lazy day for me), and following on from my season 7 poll is season 8. What would you guys say is the best of Pertwee’s second year?

2Best season 8 story Empty Re: Best season 8 story 19th August 2019, 7:14 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I know that it's not loved in this forum, but I utterly adore The Daemons and is easily in my top 5 favourite Pertwee stories. I also love The Mind of Evil as well, and I find Colony in Space underrated as well. The Claws of Axos is underrated as well, barring the Doctor's somewhat out-of-character moment in Part 1, and Terror of the Autons us good, but I find that the editing is too jarring and weirdly paced for me to fully appreciate.

3Best season 8 story Empty Re: Best season 8 story 19th August 2019, 7:20 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I love The Daemons too! I really don’t know how someone can hate a story with lines like this ‘The soul is a very dated concept. Addressing the matter existentially...’ Delgado really was brilliant, I must say.
I never got why Axos gets ignored either- I love its psychedelic look myself. Terror is great fun too (if a little over-reliant on crap CSO- Holmes’ script is high quality, however), and I find Colony to be an underrated and astutely realised script from Malcolm Hulke, even if the story is a little too long. Though my favourite of the season is probably Mind of Evil, although I need to think further on this. Needless to say, seasons 7 and 8 are my two favourites from Pertwee’s time, though 7 ultimately reigns supreme.

4Best season 8 story Empty Re: Best season 8 story 19th August 2019, 7:46 pm

stengos

stengos

Daemons. Loved it.

5Best season 8 story Empty Re: Best season 8 story 19th August 2019, 10:29 pm

iank

iank

Mind. I'm not big on this season, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6Best season 8 story Empty Re: Best season 8 story 19th August 2019, 11:58 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Terror of the Autons by some distance as it's in my Top 3 favourite Pertwee stories.
A great season though. Mind of Evil would be second.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum