You are not connected. Please login or register

Americans and Their Guns

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Americans and Their Guns Empty Americans and Their Guns 27th June 2019, 11:00 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Alabama woman loses unborn child after being shot, gets arrested; shooter goes free

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2019/06/woman-indicted-in-shooting-death-of-her-unborn-child-charges-against-shooter-dismissed.html

Man shoots a pregnant woman and is let go while she is indicted on manslaughter?

2Americans and Their Guns Empty Re: Americans and Their Guns 27th June 2019, 11:12 am

Boofer

Boofer

'merica. *shrugs*

3Americans and Their Guns Empty Re: Americans and Their Guns 27th June 2019, 12:32 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Eh, it was self-defence. She started the fight.

I don't see how it would be any different if a knife or any other weapon had been used or even if he'd punched her to the same effect - barring the probable severity for the latter.

4Americans and Their Guns Empty Re: Americans and Their Guns 27th June 2019, 4:00 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

In both the UK and US self-defence has to be applied with reasonable force. I don't see how shooting a woman who was 5-months pregnant could be considered self-defence. Being 5 months pregnant isn't exactly an advantage in a fight.

Was it her first resort to go straight for the gun? Most of this seems to be based on the police officer's statement, so we don't know.

5Americans and Their Guns Empty Re: Americans and Their Guns 27th June 2019, 9:40 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Yah and if he had a gun on hand, shot for a non-fatal wound, and if there was sufficient force on her part then it's reasonable.

Again, it's no more fatal than any other weapon if you intention is in accord.

6Americans and Their Guns Empty Re: Americans and Their Guns 28th June 2019, 5:22 am

stengos

stengos

i thought this was a fight between 2 girls.Those involved were Marshae Jones (the pregnant woman) and Ebony Jaimeson - another woman. The disagreement was about the father of the unborn child but he doesn't seem to have been directly involved. I only mention this because some seem tobe saying that the shooter was a bloke.

'Marshae Jones, a 27-year-old Birmingham woman, was indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury on a manslaughter charge. She was taken into custody on Wednesday.

Though Jones didn’t fire the shots that killed her unborn baby girl, authorities say she initiated the dispute that led to the gunfire. Police initially charged 23-year-old Ebony Jemison with manslaughter, but the charge against Jemison was dismissed after the grand jury failed to indict her.'

'Reid said the fight stemmed over the unborn baby’s father. The investigation showed, he said, that it was Jones who initiated and pressed the fight, which ultimately caused Jemison to defend herself and unfortunately caused the death of the baby.'

Sorry if i have misunderstood.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum