REDACTED
Pepsi Maxil
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
stengos
Boofer
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 6th June 2019, 12:37 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:According to recent studies a lot of trans people have brains that match the opposite gender which leads to them feeling trapped in the wrong body and feeling depressed. Changing sex therefore is the best option.

Just look at Blaire White. Blaire White alone I think is proof that a sex change operation is better for some people. She's clearly a lot happier as a woman than if she had stayed as a man.

However I do feel that transgenderism is being fetishized by the left and a lot of young people are going in for it, and then regretting it years down the road. It needs to be seen as just a thing that people do, not an achievement.

Of course, gender dysphoria is a measurable health condition as real as any other. I do feel compassion for people in that situation and believe that they should be entitled to whichever treatment option best suits them. If they wish to be referred to via the pronouns of their preferred gender, I absolutely respect that. However, there are a hell of lot of postmodernist wankers clearly just jumping on the bandwagon for ideological reasons, even going as far as to attack genuine trans people who dare to object to their shameful opportunism with bullshit terms like "truscum". No doubt the backlash against these cunts is responsible for a significant portion of the hostility trans people experience in daily life.

27Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 6th June 2019, 9:49 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr Tardis predictably is calling for Roberts to be banned from twitter and 100 percent supports his book being pulled.

The best though was when he retweeted this piece of virtue signalling crap, where someone says that after Capaldi punched a racist, Jodie should slap a transphobe in series 12.

https://twitter.com/MistressOfNull/status/1136250113247141888

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

So that's how Mr Tardis thinks women fight is it? Slapping LOL I don't recall Xena, Buffy, Leela (either Leela's) or Nikita slapping?

Maybe if he'd ever watched any female led series he'd know that female heroes can fight with punches and kicks and not just slapping. Big Grin

28Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 6th June 2019, 11:18 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:So that's how Mr Tardis thinks women fight is it? Slapping LOL  I don't recall Xena, Buffy, Leela (either Leela's) or Nikita slapping?

Maybe if he'd ever watched any female led series he'd know that female heroes can fight with punches and kicks and not just slapping. Big Grin

Nevermind watching Xena. He should try growing up near where I lived. When I saw teen girls there fighting, they didn't slap each other, they ragged each other by the hair into the nearest brick wall.

29Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 6th June 2019, 11:35 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:
burrunjor wrote:So that's how Mr Tardis thinks women fight is it? Slapping LOL  I don't recall Xena, Buffy, Leela (either Leela's) or Nikita slapping?

Nevermind watching Xena. He should try growing up near where I lived. When I saw teen girls there fighting, they didn't slap each other, they ragged each other by the hair into the nearest brick wall.

Oh yes indeed, I've known some tough girls too, but I was just as always highlighting his complete and utter lack of interest in female heroes. Big Grin

What am I saying. He said he reviewed 50 Shades of Grey LOL LOL LOL The fact that he used that as an example of a female led film he has watched is laughable. I honestly do think he might be the biggest cunt in the fandom right now, which is really saying something.

30Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 6th June 2019, 3:41 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:When I was a kid, we were taught not to cowtow to bullies. Now we happily ruin careers and lives at their behest.

31Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 6th June 2019, 9:36 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Bowlestrek's two cents

32Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 12:05 am

REDACTED

Honestly, I'm getting flashbacks to what happened to Davison on Twitter...

33Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 12:07 am

REDACTED

34Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 9:49 am

edgelord

TheWatcher wrote:Honestly, I'm getting flashbacks to what happened to Davison on Twitter...

I think Roberts has more backbone.

35Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 12:05 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr Tardis being a cunt again.

https://twitter.com/TrilbeeReviews/status/1136739757449519126

Also he retweeted this which I think shows how toxic and bigoted the sci fi fandom in general is becoming to white straight men.

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1136712151899545600

The guy tweeted a perfectly valid criticism of Wonder Woman's new costume. I'm not saying I agree with him. That costume doesn't look that great TBH, but Gal Gadot is a goddess who we don't deserve to live on the same planet as LOL, so I'm just happy to see her again.

Still this is a valid normal criticism that the costume looks silly, yet he gets attacked for that? Worse he gets attacked for his gender and sexuality? Imagine in reverse if a woman said Colin's costume was stupid and I said "silly bitches DW's not for you!"

He's a Quisling to his own race, fandom and gender.

36Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 1:39 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

ShilbeeReviews wrote:Gareth Roberts: Transgender people aren't people

He didn't fucking say that, and if he has any sense, he'll drag your blubberous arse to court on libel charges.

ShilbeeReviews wrote:they're trying to force children to transition

It's incredibly easy to find numerous examples of parents forcing abnormal gender identities on impressionable infants. Roberts also has a point, in that we should be trying to spread acceptance of the notion that boys and girls can enjoy a wider range of things rather than reinforcing gender stereotypes by assuming that kids with unconventional interests need to transition to the opposite gender in order to be themselves. If a child is diagnosed with gender dysphoria by a medical professional, then it may be the only answer, but we're talking about 0.005% of the population here.

ShilbeeReviews wrote:and are trying to rewrite laws to oppress women* .

The insistence of supposed trans people who refuse gender reassignment surgery on using female changing facilities has left women and girls with no option but to disrobe in the presence of strangers with the physicality and genitalia of men. Just look at this; here we have a balding, bearded, masculinely dressed man being accepted by the panel of a student event as a "trans woman". Women and girls shouldn't be forced to change in the presence of overtly masculine men, or to compete with physically male athletes in women's leagues specifically created to account for sex-based differences in peak physical strength.

ShilbeeReviews wrote:(*citation not provided)

Yeah, as if supporting evidence would have made the slightest bit of difference in an argument with postmodernists. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ClockworkOcean on 9th June 2019, 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional details)

37Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 2:08 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

arse to court on libel charges.

Mr Tardis is absolutely going to get sued one of these days. So far he has said that Sargon of Akkad said all feminists should be raped. He actually did have to apologise for that as even his own viewers said it was slander. It reminded me of Alan Partridge with his Roger Moore is a towel thief bit that he had to retract. The funny thing is that after it Shilbee even said that he should stay away from politics. If only, then he might still have a youtube career LOL. He also retweeted people accusing Sargon of being a pedophile and he slandered Jeremy Clarkson as a holocaust denier.

He's only lucky that none of these people know who he is. As soon as one of them spots him however he's fucked.

It's incredibly easy to find numerous examples parents forcing abnormal gender identities on impressionable infants. Roberts also has a point, in that we should be trying to spread acceptance of the notion that boys and girls can enjoy a wider range of things rather than reinforcing gender stereotypes by assuming that kids with unconventional interests need to transition to the opposite gender in order to be themselves. If a child is diagnosed with gender dysphoria, then it may be the only answer, but we're talking about 0.005% of the population here.

Yes that's completely true. FFS look at tomboys. If a tomboy went out with a wimpy nerdy man (which can often be the case. It certainly is in popular culture. Look at Fry and Leela from Futurama for instance.) That's a reversal of stereotypical gender roles. Are they therefore gender neutral or trans?

Gender dysphoria is a very serious condition which should be treated with sympathy, but trying to force it on people who might just be tomboys, might just be sensitive guys is insane and will lead to more problems.

It kind of reminds me of that episode of South Park where all of the kids are being prescribed valium drugs for having ADD and Chef rightfully says for the 1 kid who has it, you guys prescribe it to about 100000 kids that don't need it.

That is exactly what a lot of transgender and gender neutral crap is and its why so many trans people are detransitioning now. There was a documentary about trans people who detransitioned On RT that was quite interesting.

Mr Tardis would like to pretend they don't exist, whilst idiot bigots on the other side use them as proof that trans people don't exist in general. Again I say look at Blaire White.

Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 1b3b2079e93bf6548c8b84e55b9e439116fe63a3_00

Clearly there are people who need to change, but there are those who don't need it but are doing it, because its being fetishised which is why this needs to stop and it needs to be just seen as a thing some people have and nothing else.

Yeah, as if supporting evidence would have made the slightest bit of difference in an argument with postmodernists. Rolling Eyes

Funny thing is I got into a debate with Ellen Sandifier. She was ridiculing my own fiction, writing that I write alt right sci fi and fantasy. I normally don't get defensive of my work because obviously it would be hypocritical as I slag off New Who.

Still I didn't want people thinking that I was writing alt right propaganda so I asked her how my work was alt right. My two series that I write, one is about a team of heroes, 4 of whom are women, one is a Jewish woman, another black. My other series that I write, two of the leads are women, and the lead is a Chinese man.

Doesn't seem like something the alt right would like very much. I also asked her to name one thing I'd ever said that demonstrated a hatred of women here on the hive or on my blog. Surely since I'm such an alt right troll there must be hundreds of quotes?

Her response? "Fuck off you sexist cockmunch." Or something to that effect.

I asked her again and her response was "Fuck off you sexist cockmunch."

So I asked her again and she blocked me. LOL LOL LOL

38Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 4:25 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Gareth Roberts wrote:Like every other reasonable person I deplore and condemn any violence, intimidation or discrimination against any person for their beliefs or for how they present themselves, or indeed any other reason.

Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Be10

Yes, objecting to dialogue littered with explicitly hateful comments about men, and to talentless actresses being hired on the basis of their gender renders one morally indistinguishable from violent homophobic thugs. That's some impeccable logic there, Barnaby.

39Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 7th June 2019, 10:25 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:Her response? "Fuck off you sexist cockmunch."

You should've said to her: "I'm not sexist, I just don't love dem hoes..."

40Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 13th June 2019, 1:35 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I take it Big Finish will be cancelling all future installments in their Lady Christina spinoff then? Surely, Briggs wouldn't want to continue profiting from a character created by a transphobic bigot... right?

41Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 13th June 2019, 5:37 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

I would imagine that the official line will be that Lady Christina is 95% a Russell T. Davies creation, with Roberts only being responsible for her left ankle. Which will now be covered to avoid appealing to the male gaze.

42Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 14th June 2019, 7:09 pm

Richayard

43Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 14th June 2019, 8:24 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I don't buy his claim that the Classic Doctors were never pious or mawkish. Pertwee and Davison certainly were one or both occasionally (Davison's Doctor I would say was definitely closer to Gareth's idea of the 'new testament' version of the show).

I also wonder if maybe he's white-washing how the NA writers and RTD always had a bit of a pious PC agenda for the show from the start, and that the new show's manic 'woke' fan following was not the accidental by-product he makes it out to be.

44Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 14th June 2019, 11:24 pm

iank

iank

True. To be fair, though, he was never really one of those. At the time his books stood out like a mile from the others, being more interested in being tongue in cheek adventure romps than the "WE'RE ADULT, HONEST" of his contemporaries. It's why he was seen as being a better Missing Adventure writer than New Adventure - he was actually still writing Who adventures rather than political treatises.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

45Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 14th June 2019, 11:50 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I have some of BF's adaptations of Roberts' Four+Romana MAs on CD somewhere but not had a chance to listen to them yet.

I still have a soft spot for I Am A Dalek though.

46Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 15th June 2019, 7:45 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Tanmann wrote:I have some of BF's adaptations of Roberts' Four+Romana MAs on CD somewhere but not had a chance to listen to them yet.

Give 'em a listen - they are very good adaptations of the original Missing Adventures - in fact, they're the only BF releases I've enjoyed in a long time.  I also remember liking 'I Am A Dalek' (sort of) and there are some quite funny parts to the 9th Doctor book 'Only Human' (as much as it pains me to say anything positive about NuWho stuff!).

Last edited by Queen Angvia on 16th June 2019, 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

47Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 15th June 2019, 12:00 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Queen Angvia wrote:
Tanmann wrote:I have some of BF's adaptations of Roberts' Four+Romana MAs on CD somewhere but not had a chance to listen to them yet.

Give 'em a listen - they are very good adaptations of the original Missing Adventures - in fact, they're only BF releases I've enjoyed in a long time.  I also remember liking 'I Am A Dalek' (sort of) and there are some quite funny parts to the 9th Doctor book 'Only Human' (as much as it pains me to say anything positive about NuWho stuff!).

I have to say I generally thought that the New Series books were often where the show's adventure and imagination *really* lay.

The Clockwise Man, The Deviant Strain, The Resurrection Casket, Prisoner of the Daleks. I tended to much more enjoy them as an experience than a lot of whatever soap slop RTD was giving us on TV. And I remember looking forward to them as releases a lot more than the TV episodes. Hell I even remember The Monsters Inside putting the Slitheen to interesting storytelling use.

It's as if the authors just assumed they had the reader from the first page and just got on with telling an adventure story, rather than how RTD just seemed to continually panic that the story needed more obnoxious fart jokes, celebrity references and soap business, and other marketing group suggestions, to stop people losing interest and make the show a complete Frankenstein of popular trends.

Dare I say some of them (The Clockwise Man) even felt far truer to the spirit of Classic Who, and to the Doctor of old. And with a few edits, Prisoner of the Daleks could've almost been a vintage Big Finish Dalek story.

I remember sometimes thinking how nice it would've been if RTD had pissed off after Eccleston's first season (or The Christmas Invasion) and let the book writers take over from there. I much more liked the Tenth Doctor and Rose dynamic in I Am A Dalek than in any of their TV stories.

48Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 16th June 2019, 6:35 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Hm.. I have vague memories of moderately enjoying 'Prisoner Of The Daleks' and for some reason the line 'half-hearted sex' has stuck in my head from 'I Am A Dalek' but apart from that (and 'Only Human') those little 9th/10th Doctor hard-back novels all seem to blur into one big, bland reading experience for me. Yes, as you say, they were superior to much of the actual TV output and the abominable 'Resolution' is uncannily like 'I Am A Dalek' (though vastly inferior), yet I still have better recall of the Target novelizations I read in the '70s.  Funny thing, memory...

Last edited by Queen Angvia on 17th June 2019, 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

49Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 16th June 2019, 8:34 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

I read 'The Clockwise Man' at the time and recall being struck by a distinct sense of deja-vu when Steven Moffat's 'creations', the clockwork robots, appeared on screen the following year. Oddly, I've never seen this discussed anywhere.

Mind you, its not the first, or last, time Moffat seems to have been guilty of wholesale pilfering; the whole premise of nanites reconstructing someone innacurately at the point of death that forms the backbone of 'The Empty Child' appears to have been lifted from Michael Collier's short story 'Vigil' from the 'Out of the Darkness' collection. I refuse to believe that Moffat was unfamiliar with this but, yet again, he's never been called out on it.

That's without even getting into the obvious allegation of continuously writing variations on 'The Time-traveller's Wife' or his alleged ransacking of Lawrence Miles' stuff...

However, yes, its a sad state of affairs when the spin-off books are better than the actual series on which they're based. Any familiarity with original Star Trek suggests that is the WRONG way round; the TV show is great, its the novels that contain the uninspired soapy drivel...

50Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Roberts has been CANCELLED 23rd June 2019, 2:44 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Patron returns

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum