Tanmann
iank
Bernard Marx
Pepsi Maxil
Doctor7
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New members welcome thread Empty New members welcome thread 13th May 2019, 6:34 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Feel free to introduce yourselves here.... Big Grin

2New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 20th July 2019, 10:18 pm

Doctor7

My name is David username doctor 7 i love doctor who i love to act,write,play sports.

3New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 6:39 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

A very warm welcome to Bernard Marx.

Tell us which Spice Girl you'd rather shag and what sexual position you prefer.

4New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:14 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Hate to say it, but I’m not well versed or knowledgable about the Spice Girls all that much! Smile

Anyway, an introduction. I am someone who enjoys cinema, literature and the arts in general. Doctor Who fuelled much of my passion and imagination for the arts growing up, especially the original run, though I have come to realise how moronic, patronising and idiotic New Who has inherently been from the start as of late (mainly since Twice Upon A Time and Series 11, though the flaws of New Who have become increasingly evident to me over the years). I discovered this forum thanks to those cartoon YouTube videos featuring Rob and Rani’s old debates (which were incredibly funny) and have since browsed this forum a little. It seems to be the only Who related forum or place with both a sense of humour and critical faculties of any kind, so I decided to join.

5New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:15 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:Hate to say it, but I’m not well versed or knowledgable about the Spice Girls all that much! Smile

Anyway, an introduction. I am someone who enjoys cinema, literature and the arts in general. Doctor Who fuelled much of my passion and imagination for the arts growing up, especially the original run, though I have come to realise how moronic, patronising and idiotic New Who has inherently been from the start as of late (mainly since Twice Upon A Time and Series 11, though the flaws of New Who have become increasingly evident to me over the years). I discovered this forum thanks to those cartoon YouTube videos featuring Rob and Rani’s old debates (which were incredibly funny)  and have since browsed this forum a little. It seems to be the only Who related forum or place with both a sense of humour and critical faculties of any kind,  so I decided to join.  

Do you have a favourite era of the show?

6New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:20 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Of the original run, it’s hard to say. My favourite seasons are 2, 5, 7, 13, 14, 17, 18, 22. 25 and 26. Seasons 7, 14 and 26 are probably my absolute favourites.

7New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:21 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Seasons 5 and 25 are very close behind.

8New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:22 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

As for New Who, it’s certainly the early Smith era. The rest is complete shit.

9New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:23 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Nice to see another member that rates the McCoy era so highly.

10New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:26 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

He’s seriously underrated. Season 24 is very troubled and a bit shit, but isn’t as bad as most of the shite we’ve had of late. Season 25 is brilliant, barring Nemesis (I don’t see why Happiness Patrol is so maligned- it’s silly, but deliberately and uncannily so, and is a rather brilliant satire on Thatcherism and social conformity), and 26 is superb too.

11New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:27 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I like all of the original Doctors, though Davison is my personal least favourite.

12New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"Davison is my personal least favourite."

That isn't an uncommon opinion on the forum.

13New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:31 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I quite like him myself, but I do understand why some have issues with him.

14New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:31 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I don’t dislike him. I love Kinda (which doesn’t seem too popular around here), Earthshock, Snakedance, Mawdryn Undead, Enlightenment, The Awakening and The Caves Of Androzani. I also enjoy Black Orchid, which seems very divisive amongst fandom, and I rather like the latter half of Castrovalva (the first half is a little directionless).

15New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:I love Kinda (which doesn’t seem too popular around here)

Tell me about it.

I think it's a bonafide classic.

16New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 7:34 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I wouldn’t describe it as perfect from a narrative perspective, but the story is so strange, surreal and atmospheric that I can’t help but love it. The psychedelic sequences in particular are brilliantly helmed, and wouldn’t ever be done in New Who.

17New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 31st July 2019, 10:50 pm

iank

iank

Welcome Bernard! Nice to have another newbie (one who's actually real this time lol!) Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

18New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 28th October 2019, 8:04 pm

Richie

Richie

Hello.

I can't see you all but I bet you all have smashing blouses on! Laughing

19New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 28th October 2019, 8:21 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Right!

"Go A-Squad!!!!!"

20New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 28th October 2019, 9:38 pm

Richie

Richie

Tanmann wrote:Right!

"Go A-Squad!!!!!"

Cripes!

Its the Tanmann!! Shocked

21New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 28th October 2019, 9:44 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

"I've just come to read your gas meter...."

22New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 28th November 2019, 3:59 pm

Riley Reid

Riley Reid

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!!! tongue tongue tongue

New members welcome thread Reid10

tongue

23New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 28th November 2019, 4:07 pm

Richie

Richie

Riley Reid wrote:Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!!!   tongue  tongue  tongue

New members welcome thread Reid10

tongue

Tell me. Do you use Timotei? Big Grin

Are you a page 3 girl? I'm sure if you wanted to, you could be. Big Grin

24New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 1st December 2019, 7:36 pm

Santa

Santa

Hoe! Hoe! Hoe! Merry XXXmas.

25New members welcome thread Empty Re: New members welcome thread 25th January 2020, 10:18 pm

Eddie Hitler

Eddie Hitler

Hello, My name's James Bond.

Not a lot of people know that....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum