You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Finish continue to sell out

+2
TheTimeTraveller
ClockworkOcean
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 2:55 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-eighth-of-march-1982
It seems International Women's Day has gone in intergalactic this year, as Big Finish celebrate the strong female characters from the Doctor Who universe with the release of new box set Doctor Who: The Eighth of March.

Comprising a female lead cast and put together by female writers, producer and director, this is a Doctor Who audio box set like no other...

Big Finish continue to sell out Dw_eig10

"It seems very timely to celebrate some of the women of Doctor Who, especially as the female characters in the series have evolved over the years to reflect how women's roles have changed in society too; from assistants and inferiors to equals and adversaries! How fantastic to be part of a series that not only brings the women of Doctor Who to the forefront, but which also celebrates Big Finish's commitment to represent and nurture female creatives like myself..."

Note how miniscule, faded and far in the background Ace and Leela are compared to all the NuWho characters. They can scarcely hide their contempt for TruWho at this point.

In other news, knowing that they'll never be able to get him onboard after the way he was treated, they're also leaching publicity from Peter Capaldi's image by churning out stories about his Doctor without his involvement. Classy.

Big Finish continue to sell out Dwst0910

2Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 3:39 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

That's a hard pass for me.
I have now gone from 300 odd dollars a month to zero for Big Finish and it seems there will be no return to form, so that's that.

3Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 5:37 am

iank

iank

Vomit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 10:09 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

This is trash of the highest order. Can't believe they dragged Sophie and Louise into their rubbish.

5Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 10:14 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Absolute fucking cunts. How dare they perpetuate the myth about Old Who that the show's female characters were nothing but screaming damsels in distress. After all Old Who has given them?

What about the Rani as well? I'd take the Rani over fucking Missy anyday. And yes Peter Capaldi is right to stay away from these charlatans. The way he was treated on tv was absolutely shocking. Almost as bad as Colin Baker himself.

I'm actually going to do an article about Big Finish they've pissed me off so much.

6Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 10:28 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Sorry, but I just don't understand this Benny Summerfield character. From what I've heard and read I don't see why the character is so well liked. She's a Paul Cornell character through and through.

7Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 10:36 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:Sorry, but I just don't understand this Benny Summerfield character. From what I've heard and read I don't see why the character is so well liked. She's a Paul Cornell character through and through.

Benny Summerfield is River Song mark 1. She is an archeologist who has slept with the Doctor, is intolerably smug and is made the forefront of so many stories, not because she is a good character, but because the author is in love with her.

This is the only problem there is with men writing female characters (the same applies in reverse too of course.) They end up writing their idea of the perfect woman and shill that character as a result, and live out their own fantasies with said character.

I'm sure Missy, Irene Adler, and River Song, big dominatrix babes lusting after this arrogant, nerdy character because of his big brain wasn't at all Moffat living out his fantasies Big Grin

To be fair a lot of male writers will end up living out their fantasies through their female characters. Rob Tapert who created Xena, literally married Lucy Lawless. Even then though he was still professional enough to give her a proper character, faults and story beyond that. Same with Joss Whedon (as big a wanker as he is) with Buffy.

8Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 12:29 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Just read that Big Finish that they're getting the James Dreyfus Master (from the Bradley audios) to face the Second Doctor

Briggs in the meantime recently found out how Dreyfus' tweets LOL

9Big Finish continue to sell out Empty Re: Big Finish continue to sell out 9th March 2019, 4:05 pm

burrunjor wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:Sorry, but I just don't understand this Benny Summerfield character. From what I've heard and read I don't see why the character is so well liked. She's a Paul Cornell character through and through.

Benny Summerfield is River Song mark 1. She is an archeologist who has slept with the Doctor, is intolerably smug and is made the forefront of so many stories, not because she is a good character, but because the author is in love with her.

This is the only problem there is with men writing female characters (the same applies in reverse too of course.) They end up writing their idea of the perfect woman and shill that character as a result, and live out their own fantasies with said character.

I'm sure Missy, Irene Adler, and River Song, big dominatrix babes lusting after this arrogant, nerdy character because of his big brain wasn't at all Moffat living out his fantasies Big Grin

To be fair a lot of male writers will end up living out their fantasies through their female characters. Rob Tapert who created Xena, literally married Lucy Lawless. Even then though he was still professional enough to give her a proper character, faults and story beyond that. Same with Joss Whedon (as big a wanker as he is) with Buffy.

I've never got this fan reverence with Bernice Summerfield either. The character was flavour of the month in the nineties and the popularity of the character has always perplexed me. It just shows how firm the Fitzroy tavern clique hold on Doctor Who still is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum