You are not connected. Please login or register

If you are over 40 what are some things you just don't get about the current generation?

+4
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Boofer
Pepsi Maxil
bryanbraddock
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

I've probably dozens but here's a few that really grate me.

1. Tattoo's. Whats the point? They make pretty people less pretty and ugly people more ugly.

2. the obsession with nomark reality TV contestants and z list celebs.

3. obsession with Youtube/twitch lets play/reaction vids. The thought of spending any amount of time watching someone else play a video game is bizarre to me.

4. obsession with social media.

iank

iank

All of the above. Add in the stupidity of preferring streaming to physical media too... lol!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

iank

iank

Inability to look away from their cellphones for more than 5 seconds...

Boofer

Boofer

iank wrote:All of the above. Add in the stupidity of preferring streaming to physical media too... lol!

This, and the amount of adults who have fallen for this con trick as well.

Why would you willingly transfer access of your media to a corporate who can withdraw and edit pieces of that library as and when they wish? And why would you make said access dependent on an internet connection?

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:All of the above. Add in the stupidity of preferring streaming to physical media too... lol!

I'm not even over the age of 20 yet and that pisses me off. I personally like to have the product in my hands otherwise it doesn't feel like I have it at all.

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Well it's a lot cheaper to pay £6-10 a month for a streaming service - allowing essentially unlimited entertainment for anyone with a life outside - than to pay as much or more for a single DVD/Blu-Ray - allowing 2 hours.

Social media is really just a bundle of communication (I use it over texting for anyone I don't intend to have sex with), ego feeding and low level entertainment.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I understand the convenience of it, but for me nothing beats going into a shop and getting the product. The anticipation of wanting to get home and open it is can't be matched.

Boofer

Boofer

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:Well it's a lot cheaper to pay £6-10 a month for a streaming service - allowing essentially unlimited entertainment for anyone with a life outside - than to pay as much or more for a single DVD/Blu-Ray - allowing 2 hours.

Piracy. £0.00p

If you are over 40 what are some things you just don't get about the current generation? 922436_b0801

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Boofer wrote:

Piracy. £0.00p

If you are over 40 what are some things you just don't get about the current generation? 922436_b0801

That's true, but so is leeching off other people's streaming subscriptions. Commercial streaming software is much nicer to use, usually.

iank

iank

It's fine as a rental service, but anyone who thinks they've "bought" a movie on a streaming site is a schmuck.

Bill

How passive and compliant so many are. Where are all the rebels?

A disturbing obsession with mobile phones.

A disturbing lack of interest in History. How many realise that life was very different thirty years ago? Or care? And that every single generation has its own challenges to face?

Prioritising feelings over outcomes. If you are "offended" that means you assume you have won the argument. Which means true debating skills are not stimulated or even valued.

The older I get, the more I really miss my grandparents' generation - and I also value my parents' generation more and more. Every generation has good and bad elements to it, but the phrase "respect your ancestors" is, in my opinion, much needed in the current world.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Sorry I couldn't resist after seeing this thread LOL Their singing is as hammy as their acting. (Especially Lucy Lawless!)

I understand some of the frustrations with the current generation. Remember I am a millennial, 28 so I interact with these people a lot.

However I think that a lot of the problems with the current generation are older than people think.

For instance, upper middle class, spoiled brat, obnoxious, no nothing, know it all, hysterical, screaming lefty students, who are conservatives at heart, were ALWAYS a thing, from hippies in the 60s who grew up to be Tony Blair's ripping our country apart and betraying the same ideals they once supported in the most shallow way, to Rik's in the 80s.

Mr Tardis is basically just Rik from the Young Ones. A spoiled brat who thinks he's hard because he swears, who dismisses EVERYONE he disagrees with as a fascist, NAZI, and who goes on about being kind (remember when Rik used to go on about how he yearns for a world where a man will love his brother, whilst bullying Neil.) Whilst being a vicious, nasty little bastard to people he can shove around (in Trilbee's case smaller channels and nerds he can slander as sexists, and in Rik's Neil who is a wimp and defenceless.)

The rise of social media has allowed these idiots to have more of an influence admittedly, but tribalism, shallow political views and people being quick to jump into mobs, and be sheep are problems with humans in general IMO.

Also bare in mind that whilst Millenials may be cunts, the people who are bringing in all of this awful political correcetness into everything, films, tv, comic books, education are mostly the previous generation (like look at DW it was actually that fucking cunt Steven Mofftwat that wrecked the whole series.)

Sadly the next generation meanwhile from the looks of things will be a return to McCarthy era levels of right wing tribalism.

REDACTED

Mainly their inability to look away from their phones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum