burrunjor
ClockworkOcean
iank
TheTimeTraveller
Genkimonk
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 20th January 2019, 7:21 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I had a hilarious run in on Gallifrey Base. Don't ask me why but I started a thread there. I thought I could maybe have a more reasonable debate there than in the past as there seemed to be more criticism of New Who than before.

Dear god that place really is a cesspit of SJWs. Here is the thread. Its hilarious. I must get accused of being alt right about 52 times.

Gallifrey Base

Apparently you're not allowed to disagree with a black person or else you're a racist Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

2My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 20th January 2019, 8:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

You have to register in order to view it. Sod that for a laugh.

3My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 20th January 2019, 9:11 pm

iank

iank

Why bother? There are no actual fans left on that place. It's a Commie drinking hole now. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 20th January 2019, 9:38 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:You have to register in order to view it. Sod that for a laugh.

Really ah well, no point in giving them more members. Here are some of the most hilarious quotes.

Its funny to laugh at but sad when you consider this is what Doctor Who fans around the world are seen as. Idiots.I'm never going to go on there again. It was such a collosal waste of time. I feel bad for wasting any part of my life on it.

Still at least it was good for a few laughs.

It was about as mature, sophisticated and eloquent a response as the fetid maggot-strewn rubbish that you've been posting actually merits. Perhaps even more so, but I'm feeling generous.

But is that your Mam shouting to tell you that your tea's ready? Best run along now, before your fish finger butties go cold.

Funny guy. Can we keep him? Cool

I could point you to exactly the video in which Bowlestrek is Islamophobic but I don't want to contribute to monetizing the **** any more.

Just because you cannot relate to minorities and see them as character-less doesn't mean that's what actually is on screen.

All I see is you ranting a load of alt-right rubbish. The show is exactly the same as it's always been.

What's changed is people like have been radicalised by extremists and trolls on line. You hide behind your racism and sexism by pretending writers have been bullied into creating rubbish characters. You've been tricked by this completely false narrative that exists purely to justify your own bigotry.

From the time I first became actively involved in 1982 and no doubt before, Doctor Who used to be a haven for people who didn't fit in other fandoms. A glorious mix of age, gender, race, sexuality and politics that mirrored the show's overriding ethos of inclusiveness, tolerance and respect; it didn't belong to any one group of us, it was a genuine melting-pot. Now, it seems that some want to change that and drive others away.

And from my perspective, it's not the so called SJWs who are doing it.

The terribly poor grasp of viewing figures is the cornerstone of the mindlessness of the argument isn't it? Aligned with the notion that apparently all the ratings are fixed so, I don't know, only what he divines from the colour of his piss on the Monday morning counts as the 'real' overnights. Apparently ratings are made up, but it's vitally important to improve Doctor Who's ratings from their current 'historical low' or, erm, 8.46m.

You seem to be blithely ignoring the reason why alt right types are so annoyed by stuff like Doctor Who and Ghostbusters, it's because white men are being replaced. It was fine to have females and black characters in shows as long as they weren't replacing some white guy but once that starts to happen, once fictions start being reimagined to be more inclusive then there's a feeling that suddenly the privileged position which white men have held for so long is being threatened. Hence the unusual level of disquiet.

To me, threads like this come across as thinly veiled attacks on minority populations, telling them that they should be grateful to white men for the decreased prejudice and discrimination they have to face compared to previous generations. And that pretty much what every generation has been told. It comes across as microagressive bigotry. Which I’m sure is unintended, especially as you were careful to tout your liberal bona fides.

I'm sure most people who don't like Series 11 are quite capable of accepting that the brand has rarely been stronger. And I'm sure there's even a small number of people who personally liked Series 11 but have decided the brand is in trouble.

So I'm afraid your premise is flawed from the outset. And that's quite apart from the fact whether anyone personally disliked the most recent season, the brand is objectively in the best shape in years. It's always dangerous to conflate "I didn't like it" with "It's in trouble."

You're now reported, dickhead.

I would have thought even the most racist person would grasp why Obama's presidency meant something to Americans who are not white. You have to be a special kind of brainwashed to not even allow people that.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

These people are such cucks! God who removed their balls?

5My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 20th January 2019, 9:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

That was actually worse than I was expecting. What a pretentious, condescending bunch of fuckwits.

"But is that your Mam shouting to tell you that your tea's ready? Best run along now, before your fish finger butties go cold."

This is the mentality we're dealing with LOL The guy that implied that the SJWs were not the ones that were pushing some people away is obviously living in a fairytale world. There's no way he actually believes that.

6My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 20th January 2019, 11:12 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:That was actually worse than I was expecting. What a pretentious, condescending bunch of fuckwits.

"But is that your Mam shouting to tell you that your tea's ready? Best run along now, before your fish finger butties go cold."

This is the mentality we're dealing with LOL The guy that implied that the SJWs were not the ones that were pushing some people away is obviously living in a fairytale world. There's no way he actually believes that.

Indeed I got this latest one. I made it clear to him that he crossed a line and was slandering me, but other than I'm not going back there again. Biggest waste of time ever.

Also its distracting me from Ash Vs Evil Dead (great series btw recommended.)

Anyway here is the latest.

Congratulations. Of all the many, many, inane things you've said in this thread this is the single most wrong and stupid.

A guy who goes around complaining about having to put up with black people on his TV, calls anyone who isn't a far right loon an "SJW" and refers to black people as "YOU people" and responds sneeringly about how much you chafe at this idea of having to show black people respect. A guy who claims everything is a massive conspiracy to hide The Truth that your worldview is the Real Reality, contrary to the evidence. You apparently keep offline 'enemies lists' of people you've never even interacted with to target with abuse, based on whom those you're co-ordinating in 'the hive' have identified as SJWs.

How could anyone, possibly, think you were alt-right.

Well, you're certainly half right. I can only say, having been a fan since 1977 and an active member of this forum and its predecessor since 2003 you are, quite simply, the worst Doctor Who fan I've ever encountered.

The best thing is that THESE people are the ones that follow that GODAWFUL Peter Capaldi line BE KIND all the time.

I can't wait though for these people to be viewed with the same contempt the fans who supposedly killed the show in the 80s are now. Unlike Ian Levine however it will be richly deserved with these people.

7My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 22nd January 2019, 4:12 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

GB is full of American fans. Americans can't debate for toffee. What were you expecting?

8My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 24th January 2019, 3:02 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Your effort to engage with these contemptible little shits was admirable, but doomed to failure from the start. Postmodernist identity politics obsessives are about the worst kind of human beings imaginable. They're legitimately insane, not to mention downright evil. When what passes for the left is this hateful, bigoted, conceited, hypocritical, trigger-happy, paranoid, pathologically dishonest and impervious to reason, the appeal of figures like Trump and Bolsonaro is no mystery.

9My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 26th January 2019, 5:27 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

inclusivity = excluding people who are white, male and straight. got it.

10My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 26th January 2019, 10:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:That was actually worse than I was expecting. What a pretentious, condescending bunch of fuckwits.

Indeed I got this latest one. I made it clear to him that he crossed a line and was slandering me, but other than I'm not going back there again. Biggest waste of time ever.

Also its distracting me from Ash Vs Evil Dead (great series btw recommended.)

Anyway here is the latest.

Congratulations. Of all the many, many, inane things you've said in this thread this is the single most wrong and stupid.

A guy who goes around complaining about having to put up with black people on his TV, calls anyone who isn't a far right loon an "SJW" and refers to black people as "YOU people" and responds sneeringly about how much you chafe at this idea of having to show black people respect. A guy who claims everything is a massive conspiracy to hide The Truth that your worldview is the Real Reality, contrary to the evidence. You apparently keep offline 'enemies lists' of people you've never even interacted with to target with abuse, based on whom those you're co-ordinating in 'the hive' have identified as SJWs.

How could anyone, possibly, think you were alt-right.

Well, you're certainly half right. I can only say, having been a fan since 1977 and an active member of this forum and its predecessor since 2003 you are, quite simply, the worst Doctor Who fan I've ever encountered.

The best thing is that THESE people are the ones that follow that GODAWFUL Peter Capaldi line BE KIND all the time.

I can't wait though for these people to be viewed with the same contempt the fans who supposedly killed the show in the 80s are now. Unlike Ian Levine however it will be richly deserved with these people.

The way some fans treat Ian Levine is rather disgusting. I've seen fans make fun of him because he had a stroke and is now confined to a wheelchair. They also went after him big time when he called out Chibnall and Whittaker and were quick to label him a sexist bigot. The ungrateful cretins just do not understand how much money and effort this guy has put in for the series over the years.

11My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 27th January 2019, 1:45 am

iank

iank

There's none so worthless as the self-appointed righteous.

12My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 27th January 2019, 6:07 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Commander Maxil wrote:The way some fans treat Ian Levine is rather disgusting. I've seen fans make fun of him because he had a stroke and is now confined to a wheelchair. They also went after him big time when he called out Chibnall and Whittaker and were quick to label him a sexist bigot. The ungrateful cretins just do not understand how much money and effort this guy has put in for the series over the years.

Some of them do, but don't give a shit because they don't even like Classic Who. Around the time of the Whittaker announcement, I actually saw some cunt on either Twitter or Gallifrey Base say that they'd happily have lost the first Dalek serial if it meant that a "bigot" like Levine weren't involved with the show.

13My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 27th January 2019, 9:02 pm

iank

iank

Jesus. Fandom is in dire need of a Great Purge.

14My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 27th January 2019, 10:04 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:The way some fans treat Ian Levine is rather disgusting. I've seen fans make fun of him because he had a stroke and is now confined to a wheelchair. They also went after him big time when he called out Chibnall and Whittaker and were quick to label him a sexist bigot. The ungrateful cretins just do not understand how much money and effort this guy has put in for the series over the years.

Some of them do, but don't give a shit because they don't even like Classic Who. Around the time of the Whittaker announcement, I actually saw some cunt on either Twitter or Gallifrey Base say that they'd happily have lost the first Dalek serial if it meant that a "bigot" like Levine weren't involved with the show.

Completely spot on. Look at this quote from Gallifrey Base when I responded to Jon Blum who said Missy was a success (and those were the words he used, non ironically.) I pointed out how Missy was an insult to the original Master and not in line with him at all and he said

Gallifrey Base wrote:So, basically, the Master went from a 2-dimensional, moustache-twirling, i-wear-black-so-viewers-know-i'm-evil character to an ACTUAL three dimensional bad guy/girl with an ACTUAL motivation besides "i want to takeover/destroy the universe and i also hate/want to kill the Doctor" to a character with a reason he/she does what the do and you don't like it.

Newsflash: this is the 21st century not the 20th. Modern viewers don't want 2-dimensional moustache-twirling villains, they want villains who don't think what they're doing is villainous or they're pushed into doing what they do for a reason other than "i'm evil so there"

RTD didn't want to bring the Master back because he saw him as a pantomime villain who wouldn't work in the modern show. Not unless he could find a reason why the Master does what he does, hence the drumming and his former friendship with the Doctor which SM ran with.

If you prefer your villains to be pantomime cardboard cut-outs that's your prerogative, but that doesn't work in the modern TV landscape.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

They don't even like the original. Hence why they are so happy to sell it out.

And BTW I find it fucking hilarious that MISSY of all villains is seen as being this nuanced, deep, 3 dimensional villain? Are you fucking kidding me!

Here an exchange between the Delgado Master and Pertwee from spin off material.

JUDGE: Counsel for the defence may now cross examine the witness

THE MASTER: Thank you, your honour.

THE DOCTOR: Of all the infernal… You don’t mean to tell me he’s defending himself?

THE MASTER: Sadly, yes. Sir Roderick met with a most unfortunate accident.

THE DOCTOR: Yes… I’m quite sure that he did.

THE MASTER: Would the court please make note of the witness’s hostile attitude. The Doctor is a very old, and, may I say, a very dear aquaintance, but sometimes a little incautious and hot headed in his choice of language.

THE DOCTOR: I’m not hot headed, you scoundrel.

THE MASTER: Do make a note of that.

THE DOCTOR: Now see here…

THE MASTER: I really think, Doctor, it may be best if you take a nice deep breath. I say this, speaking as a friend.

THE DOCTOR: I am no friend of yours!

THE MASTER: Indeed? The whole court has heard you give an impassioned speech asking for me to be shown clemency. Who but a friend would do that?

THE DOCTOR: A merciful man.

THE MASTER: A humane one?

THE DOCTOR: Yes.

THE MASTER: But it is these very humane humans of yours that wish to put me to death.

THE DOCTOR: Well… you’ve killed hundreds and tried destroy their planet half a dozen times.

THE MASTER: I dispute that last statement. I really must protest. I have not tried to destroy this planet. I will admit I have, perhaps encouraged regime change on several occasions.

THE DOCTOR: You admit it!

THE MASTER: The human race is not very advanced is it Doctor? They still, for example practise the death penalty.

THE DOCTOR: Yes…

THE MASTER: They regard all alien life as hostile and frequently wipe it out in their encounters with it.

THE DOCTOR: That is regrettable.

THE MASTER: You see, ladies and gentlemen of the court, please don’t take this amiss, but as a species you’re not experienced enough. You are likely to misconstrue the actions of other species simply because you cannot yet comprehend them. You may perceive our actions as a threat when really they are a benevolent attempt to bring you advancement. Would you not agree, Doctor?

THE DOCTOR: I would not!

THE MASTER: So, when you brokered a peace treaty with the Silurians, what was the reaction of the human race?

THE DOCTOR: They, er, well, they blew them up.

THE MASTER: They destroyed an ancient civilisation? Dear me, hardly the action of an advanced species. Is it, Doctor?

THE DOCTOR: No. No, on that I must agree. But humanity is… well… I mean, for a level 2 civilisation, they’re doing remarkably well.

THE MASTER: A level 2 civilisation! Would you care to define a level 2 civilisation?

THE DOCTOR: I’m not really sure I should.

THE MASTER: Come now, Doctor. You introduced it into evidence?

THE DOCTOR: Very well. A level 2 civilisation is one that has discovered elementary space travel, hydrocarbons, antibiotics and the principles of nuclear fission.

THE MASTER: A capital definition. And what do most level 2 civilisations do with the discovery of nuclear fission?

THE DOCTOR: They build power stations.

THE MASTER: But what, would you say, is the principal use made of it by humanity?

THE DOCTOR: Oh, that’s hardly fair. Its how humanity learns, they find a thing and their first use is always.

THE MASTER: Yes Doctor?

THE DOCTOR: In weapons. They make nuclear weapons.

THE MASTER: And how would such a development be viewed by, say, a level 3 civilisation?

THE DOCTOR: As barbaric. But..

THE MASTER: Barbaric! And tell me Doctor. What level is our own race?

THE DOCTOR: Ah, ah, well, a level 12 civilisation.

THE MASTER: So would you say you are more qualified to judge humanity’s actions than they are?

THE DOCTOR: Er…

THE MASTER: I’ll rephrase the question. Are they qualified to judge your actions?

THE DOCTOR: Certainly not.

THE MASTER: So are they qualified to judge me? All right let me put it to you. I stand here accused of being now what is it, ah yes under article 18B of the Emergency Powers Act of being of hostile origin or association, and of committing acts prejudicial to public safety. Doctor I dispute these allegations, and you are going to help me prove them false.

THE DOCTOR: I have absolutely no intention of helping you.

THE MASTER: Since arriving on this planet, would you not agree that I have revolutionised the efficiency of the plastics manufacturing industry?

THE DOCTOR: Yes, but

THE MASTER: Thank you. I’ll admit my methods were aggressive, but oh so human. And have I not also had remarkable results with the elimination of psychopathic tendencies in the criminal mind.

THE DOCTOR: Only by

THE MASTER: I’m afraid its a yes or no question.

THE DOCTOR: Yes, but

THE MASTER: And finally, did I not offer humanity a remarkable solution to its energy crisis?

THE DOCTOR: Fine, yes fine. But in every case

THE MASTER: I know, I know. My good intentions were rebuffed and misconstructed. Surely, however even you can agree with my actions in Devils End.

THE DOCTOR: Not in the slightest.

THE MASTER: Come now. Who better to sit in judgement on a level 2 civilisation than its creator, Azal of the Daemons. We can both see the mess this species is in. You can choose to do nothing. I tried, oh how I tried, and then when that failed, I appealed to Azal, hoping he could shape and reform it. Instead regrettably, he wrote the experiment off. Wasn’t that what happened, Doctor?

THE DOCTOR: Well… yes. If it hadn’t been for Miss Grant. You’re leaving out your actions on Uxarieus, where you tried to take control of.

THE MASTER: Where I attempted peacefully to adjudicate on a dispute between worthy pioneers and a legitimate mining concern. But I’m fairly certain Doctor that events on ther planets are outside the jurisdiction of this court, and should not be brought into play.

THE DOCTOR: They prove that you want to play God.

THE MASTER: Merely to improve the existence of the common lot, I assure you. I am on this planet for its own good.

THE DOCTOR: If not the good of its population.

THE MASTER: Now, that is unfair, Doctor. I try my best. What more can anyone say?

Some dialogue from Missy.

Osgood: Missy, the Master, whatever you call yourself, I promise, I'm much more useful to you alive. Missy: Oh, yeah, that's true. That's definitely true. That is a good point well made. I'm proud of you, sister. But did I mention bananas! Pop.

MISSY: By the ring on his finger, he was married, and I, I think I detected some baby leakage on his jacket, so he had a family. No, I've not turned good.
(She shoots another man.)

MISSY: Doctor, listen to me. I know traps, traps are my flirting. This is a trap.

Such gravitas and nuance. I've said it before and I'll say it again you CANNOT be a fan of Doctor Who and not hate Missy. I'm only annoyed that Steven Moffat will get away with it because Chinballs is so much worse.

15My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 31st January 2019, 5:15 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Here's some more. From the guy who accused me of being the worst person in Who fandom.

Cuck Boy wrote:it would seem burronjor finds the Thirteenth Doctor a sexually dominating figure and that makes him uncomfortable. I'd suggest his anxiety about that is more a matter for himself and a professional working in confidence, rather than for the BBC to make changes to accommodate. And really, if anyone looks at Thirteen and the 'dominatrix wank fantasy' circuit activates in their brain I'm not sure what could be done to present a female, capable, lead figure that didn't do that.

I mean they don't even take strobe lighting off shows to accommodate people with photo-sensitive epilepsy - they just give a warning. Accommodating people who have fringe sexual hang ups they're uncomfortable with, so they're not triggered, isn't very practical.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Genkimonk is right. The new series is a show made BY idiots FOR idiots. Jon Blum is also at it again insisting that Missy is closer to Delgado than Ainley ever was. He also seems to be trying to take credit for Missy saying that he wrote a fan fic in the 90s that had a similar Master. LOL LOL LOL

Gallifrey Base is the most laughable site I have ever been on.

Just to be clear my favourite female hero is Xena.

Apparently she's not intimidating at all for me.

This woman here however is.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 9k=

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Dxi5d4IWwAAuhOO

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Tumblr_pgztx7T2bs1tkjnkho4_1280

Show made by idiots for idiots indeed.

16My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 31st January 2019, 6:58 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

Here's some more. From the guy who accused me of being the worst person in Who fandom.

Cuck Boy wrote:it would seem burronjor finds the Thirteenth Doctor a sexually dominating figure and that makes him uncomfortable. I'd suggest his anxiety about that is more a matter for himself and a professional working in confidence, rather than for the BBC to make changes to accommodate. And really, if anyone looks at Thirteen and the 'dominatrix wank fantasy' circuit activates in their brain I'm not sure what could be done to present a female, capable, lead figure that didn't do that.

I mean they don't even take strobe lighting off shows to accommodate people with photo-sensitive epilepsy - they just give a warning. Accommodating people who have fringe sexual hang ups they're uncomfortable with, so they're not triggered, isn't very practical.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Genkimonk is right. The new series is a show made BY idiots FOR idiots. Jon Blum is also at it again insisting that Missy is closer to Delgado than Ainley ever was. He also seems to be trying to take credit for Missy saying that he wrote a fan fic in the 90s that had a similar Master. LOL LOL LOL

Gallifrey Base is the most laughable site I have ever been on.

Just to be clear my favourite female hero is Xena.

Apparently she's not intimidating at all for me.

This woman here however is.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Dxi5d4IWwAAuhOO

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Tumblr_pgztx7T2bs1tkjnkho4_1280

Show made by idiots for idiots indeed.

He's another one that sounds like he has something stuck up his arse. This GB site seems like a haven for cretins. I'm glad I'm a Hiver Wink

17My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 31st January 2019, 8:29 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:He's another one that sounds like he has something stuck up his arse. This GB site seems like a haven for cretins. I'm glad I'm a Hiver Wink

Indeed, we may be cliquey but I hope we'd never be as big a shower of cunts as that lot (PS they are the same people that hide behind that cringe inducing BE KIND line from Capaldi.)

Aside from dealing with Jon Blum's condescension I got into a disagreement with another cuck about Ash vs Evil Dead.

It was only because I had previously suggested the star of that show, Dana Delorenzo for the role of the companion, and he got mad. He said that Doctor Who should NEVER be like Ash vs Evil Dead as, it was an awful show and the proof of that is that Jodie is a huge success, whilst it got cancelled after 3 seasons.

Of course Jodie IMO will be lucky to get three years, and plus Ash Vs Evil Dead isn't as big a brand. But anyway here's a comparison of some monsters from Ash vs Evil Dead and Doctor Who Series 11.

Doctor Who monsters

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 2Q==

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Z

Ash vs Evil Dead monsters

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Yes I am aware that there were crap monsters in old who, but at least a lot of the time the idea behind them was sound like the Tractators. Also guys like Jon Blum and other self loathing fanboys always go on about how New Who stopped the show from being a laughing stock because it had so much better effects and monsters.

Even in that shallow area Chinballs era is a failure.

18My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 1st February 2019, 4:36 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

If I were in charge of an alternate sequel to Classic Who, one of the first things I'd do is radically dial up the horror and re-establish the show's reputation as something that can scare the living shit out of not only kids, but any audience.

It frustrates me to think of all the amazing things someone with the balls to take real creative risks could be doing with NuWho's budget, especially with a modern audience much more thick-skinned and accepting when it comes to horror. To Moffat's credit, the Angels and the Silents were brilliant in their initial appearances, but that's about it as far as iconic NuWho monsters go. Two in fourteen years. Not too impressive a record, is it?

I've long had a vague outline of a story in which The Doctor attempts to rescue the few remaining survivors trapped on a world ruled by a malevolent godlike entity capable of conjuring all manner of surrealist monsters, each more horrific than the last. Some of the images in my head would likely be a bit too extreme, but if a kids' video game like Ocarina of Time originally given a universal rating can get away with something as fucked up as Dead Hand, there's so much more Doctor Who could be doing, if only those in charge of it had some semblance of a backbone.

19My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 1st February 2019, 10:20 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:If I were in charge of an alternate sequel to Classic Who, one of the first things I'd do is radically dial up the horror and re-establish the show's reputation as something that can scare the living shit out of not only kids, but any audience.

It frustrates me to think of all the amazing things someone with the balls to take real creative risks could be doing with NuWho's budget, especially with a modern audience much more thick-skinned and accepting when it comes to horror. To Moffat's credit, the Angels and the Silents were brilliant in their initial appearances, but that's about it as far as iconic NuWho monsters go. Two in fourteen years. Not too impressive a record, is it?

I've long had a vague outline of a story in which The Doctor attempts to rescue the few remaining survivors trapped on a world ruled by a malevolent godlike entity capable of conjuring all manner of surrealist monsters, each more horrific than the last. Some of the images in my head would likely be a bit too extreme, but if a kids' video game like Ocarina of Time originally given a universal rating can get away with something as fucked up as Dead Hand, there's so much more Doctor Who could be doing, if only those in charge of it had some semblance of a backbone.

I'd be more than happy for you to develop that story for my alternate sequel series (which starts this Saturday.)

My series features alternate 9th-13th Doctors and will over the next few months have 2 stories for the 9th-11th Doctors and one each for 12 and 13. I also have two other horror/sci fi series starting soon if you'd be interested in writing for them.

You are completely right that New Who is a toothless, spineless series in comparison to the original. I'd argue that the Silence and the Angels whilst decent monsters were still less horrific than a lot of the classics.

Like look at Light or Chase for instance. We see Light holding someone's guts in one hand and a severed arm in another, whilst Chase grinds up UNIT soldiers to feed his plants! The Angels in comparison just send you back in time. Though I know a lot of people knock it but I rather liked the third Angels episode.

What they do to Rory in that story is one of the scariest concepts in all of Who. Imagine knowing that you are going to be trapped in one little room for the rest of your life with no company.

Other than that though the New Who monsters tend to be less scary. There's a real need for horror on tv IMO. Classic Who always fulfilled that but now nothing does, apart from niche shows like Supernatural and Ash Vs Evil Dead (before it finished.)

I'd recommend both strongly. Well the original series of Supernatural at least. The first 5 were terrific, but it does kind of trail away in the later years. Its not like New Who or anything, its more just that it goes on too long.

20My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 1st February 2019, 9:11 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

LOL I just got banned from Gallifrey Base. Here is the official reason.

Gormless Bastards.Com wrote:You have been banned for the following reason: You've gone a long way over the line.. Your ban will be lifted on Feb 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Laughable when you consider the personal insults and crap they said to me. I take it as a badge of honour. So far I was the only one not to be banned from Gallifrey Base on here.

It just goes to show that they can't answer any points I made.

21My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 1st February 2019, 9:24 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I got banned from GB back in 2015 for posting information from the spoiler threads over to 4chan. The only way they knew I was doing this was because a couple of them were regulars on 4chan LOL

22My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 1st February 2019, 10:25 pm

Richayard

Zarius wrote:I got banned from GB back in 2015 for posting information from the spoiler threads over to 4chan. The only way they knew I was doing this was because a couple of them were regulars on 4chan LOL

I'll bet they were, the dirty bastards.

23My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 1st February 2019, 11:14 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Zarius wrote:I got banned from GB back in 2015 for posting information from the spoiler threads over to 4chan. The only way they knew I was doing this was because a couple of them were regulars on 4chan LOL

I miss old /who/.
It was a great place to be before 2014. Especially the 6 months up till the 50th anniversary.
Every day there were great OC memes, funny discussions & a nice community of trips and anons of all ages. It really was nothing like the rest of 4chan.
Then for some reason the board got infiltrated by normies & casual plebs.
The trips left to form their own group, the culture of /who/ died and what was left was simply r/gallifrey with swearing. Sad

My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 1429547592807

24My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 4th February 2019, 9:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:LOL I just got banned from Gallifrey Base. Here is the official reason.

Gormless Bastards.Com wrote:You have been banned for the following reason: You've gone a long way over the line.. Your ban will be lifted on Feb 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Laughable when you consider the personal insults and crap they said to me. I take it as a badge of honour. So far I was the only one not to be banned from Gallifrey Base on here.

It just goes to show that they can't answer any points I made.

"You either gush endlessly about Jodie and Series 11 or you get the fuck out, scumbag! #BeKind"

25My recent run in on Gallifrey Base Empty Re: My recent run in on Gallifrey Base 4th February 2019, 10:32 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Judging by the way they're begging for donations to survive,and how badly the show itself is doing I don't think GB is going to be around much longer. With most of the members being fair weather nuwhovians I think the Base will be an empty shell 3-6 months after cancellation and dead by 2022.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum