7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Nu-Who Fanfilms 1st October 2018, 10:48 am

Zarius

Zarius

2Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 1st October 2018, 10:26 pm

iank

iank

Fan films are always embarrassing. But NuWho fanfilms? Positively shameful. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 29th September 2019, 10:26 am

Zarius

Zarius

Luke Newman's now at the age where he's looking back on his earlier fanfilm episodes and realising they're all a bit rubbish, so what did he spend the last year or so doing (in between producing the latest season with his successor)? He only went and remade the whole thing!

It's only a mild improvement, at least they got a proper bloody Cyberman!

It streamed live around 7:00 PM last night...so it felt like I got a fix of Doctor Who on a weekend again, and I had a great time watching it despite it still being amateur hour.

4Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 29th September 2019, 10:51 am

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

You've got to credit DW2012 for realising his mistake, and trying to remake them again.
I never watch that many fan films from Who fandom, but DW2012 is always one that I really liked. More specifically, Series 3, 4 and currently 5. Series 1 and 2 is kind of interminable to sit through, because of the wooden acting and poor practical effects. It sometimes has some NewWho tropes, but I will say that the spirit of Classic Who is definitely apparent in DW2012, in fact more than NewWho. For one thing, I really love Luke Newman's interpretation of his Doctor, and has more class and Victorian spirit than Eccleston's Doctor. And from the first episode of Series 5 alone, The Whovian Chaser (who is also an excellent Who Youtuber) has utterly sold me in on his Doctor, which is not easy to do. I frankly look more forward to DW2012's stuff than whatever the actual franchise is doing right now.

5Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 29th September 2019, 4:47 pm

DogStar2000

You know there are far easier ways to torture oneself than sitting through some neuwho fans fan film Twisted Evil

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

6Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 30th September 2019, 2:14 pm

Zarius

Zarius

A new Doctor the MB & Homeland series

7Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 30th September 2019, 4:07 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think this is quite amusing for its sheer wrongness.

(I have to say for a fan-film its production values are pretty high)

8Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 1st October 2019, 9:40 am

Zarius

Zarius

9Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 20th October 2019, 4:15 pm

Zarius

Zarius

So I heard down the pipeline there's a toxic atmosphere at DW2012 productions, and that the cast are not treated well by Luke at all.

10Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 27th October 2019, 9:14 am

Zarius

Zarius

11Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 17th November 2019, 1:26 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Last edited by Zarius on 24th November 2019, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 17th November 2019, 8:33 pm

iank

iank

Making fan films is embarrassing enough at the best of times.

But to do it for something as fundamentally awful as New Poo?

As the Shat once said, "Get a life!"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

13Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 17th November 2019, 9:14 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tennant wannabes.

14Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 18th November 2019, 9:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

iank wrote:Making fan films is embarrassing enough at the best of times.

But to do it for something as fundamentally awful as New Poo?

As the Shat once said, "Get a life!"

Well, for some of them, life's apparently not that easy to "get" at the moment

Whovian Chaser (Luke Newman's successor in the role of The Doctor) had a bit of a breakdown in the past few weeks, and said he was losing interest in Doctor Who, at least the Nu Who aspects, and wants to focus on his renewed interest in Yu-Gi-Oh and promote his original projects.

He says in the vid below he won't discuss what's going on in the fanfilm world he partakes in either, which is never a healthy sign things are running smoothly behind the scenes

15Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 18th November 2019, 10:55 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I like fan films where they use half-decent actors, but not the sort of low budget affair where 'fans' act out their fantasies of being in the show to a script full of hackneyed catchphrases and slight re-writes of existing show lines.

Think the only ones I've really enjoyed are Star Trek continues and one of the Dredd productions.

Other than those, most are at the level of Jon Blum's McCoy turn.

16Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 18th November 2019, 11:01 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Cunnus Maximus wrote:Other than those, most are at the level of Jon Blum's McCoy turn.

How inconvenient Wink

17Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 24th November 2019, 12:57 pm

Zarius

Zarius

It appears Luke has ragequit. Found this on his instagram

Nu-Who Fanfilms Newmanedned

18Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 24th November 2019, 4:52 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Zarius wrote:It appears Luke has ragequit. Found this on his instagram

From the look of things, it seems like whatever footage the DW2012 team were filming got corrupted. Apparently, it was a lot as well. To be honest, I do feel bad for them. I hope that they find a substitute, considering that I genuinely like their Fan Series, love even.

Also, this story hits close to me considering that I'm far too guilty of creating files and assignment documents and them getting corrupted, with me not putting up a back up file.

19Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 24th November 2019, 7:24 pm

Zarius

Zarius

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
Zarius wrote:It appears Luke has ragequit. Found this on his instagram

From the look of things, it seems like whatever footage the DW2012 team were filming got corrupted. Apparently, it was a lot as well. To be honest, I do feel bad for them. I hope that they find a substitute, considering that I genuinely like their Fan Series, love even.

Also, this story hits close to me considering that I'm far too guilty of creating files and assignment documents and them getting corrupted, with me not putting up a back up file.

Oh yes, I've run into the same problem when editing movies, less so with fanfiction I write because when the file gets corrupted, the word document always saves a copy automatically.

20Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 6th December 2019, 12:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

And now it seems Newman has calmed down and is back at work with DW2012, the re-imagining of his anniversary special will be released tomorrow, and after that there will be a Christmas break before series five with Dom resumes.

21Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 10th December 2019, 12:09 pm

Zarius

Zarius

22Nu-Who Fanfilms Empty Re: Nu-Who Fanfilms 27th December 2019, 5:45 pm

Zarius

Zarius

An update...DW2012 is definitely up and running again, they will resume Dominic's era as The Doctor next in an episode airing early in 2020 called "Vengeance of the Blood Line", continuing the Luke Newman tradition of cobbling words together with a randomizer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum