You are not connected. Please login or register

Best version of the Who theme?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best version of the Who theme? Empty Best version of the Who theme? 5th September 2018, 8:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Nothing tops this one:

2Best version of the Who theme? Empty Re: Best version of the Who theme? 5th September 2018, 10:28 pm

Mott1

Mott1

The Peter Howell one has fantastic drama and dynamics, suits the more tense JNT stuff like Caves Of Androzani very well.

I do have a bit of time tho for the more laidback, clubby Trial-era revamp!

3Best version of the Who theme? Empty Re: Best version of the Who theme? 5th September 2018, 10:30 pm

iank

iank

The 12-17 arrangement is iconic. Troughton and Hartnell ones too. Love the McCoy one, very nostalgic for me.
Only original series one I don't like is Trial, which just feels limp to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Best version of the Who theme? Empty Re: Best version of the Who theme? 6th September 2018, 12:35 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

For me, it's a tie between the 1963 and 1980 themes.

The original 1963 theme has this rather dark, eerie, almost sinister kind of vibe to it that you don't really get with any of the other themes. Of course, what the 1980 version lacks in mysteriousness it makes up for with just sheer 80's synth awesomeness.

I'm also rather fond of the theme that David Tennant's Doctor used during his very last season. I actually quite like the really grand, orchestral sound that this theme has. A lot of people think it's a little too bombastic and over the top for Doctor Who, but it gets me pumped up every time I hear it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum