Mott1
burrunjor
Boofer
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Proposition. Empty A Proposition. 10th August 2018, 6:27 pm

Boofer

Boofer

We change the name of this section to 'Dogturd Poo'.

2A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 10th August 2018, 8:09 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:We change the name of this section to 'Dogturd Poo'.

I second that.

3A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 10th August 2018, 8:47 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I think it'll be carried unanimously - tho Barrowman might have something to say about that!!

4A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 10th August 2018, 9:45 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Nah, 'NuPoo' is much more appropriate. It rolls off the tongue nicely and it rhymes with 'TruWho'.

5A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 10th August 2018, 11:08 pm

iank

iank

NuPoo does have a certain appeal...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 11th August 2018, 6:38 pm

DogStar2000

NuPoo has my vote lol!

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

7A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 12th August 2018, 2:51 pm

shan164

How about not changing it?

Just on the grounds that someone debating a position that's supportive to any degree might feel they're going to be climbing uphill from the outset?

8A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 12th August 2018, 8:03 pm

Zarius

Zarius

shan164 wrote:How about not changing it?

Just on the grounds that someone debating a position that's supportive to any degree might feel they're going to be climbing uphill from the outset?

Agreed.

I still find there are merits to New Who, even if the quality is seldom. There's plenty of crap in Old Who too.

9A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 12th August 2018, 10:56 pm

tardis

tardis

shan164 wrote:How about not changing it?

Agreed and Thank you for voicing this! Most of my issues with NuWho are related to script writing and execution of ideas (And some terrible ideas too). But I'm not one to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

That said, I wouldn't be against a third separate forum for Chibnall/Whittaker era.

10A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 22nd August 2018, 7:33 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I am not sure why we have separate sections. I am not saying the new and old are equal in quality, but I just don't see the point.

11A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 22nd August 2018, 10:30 pm

iank

iank

Just remove New Who entirely. It's not the same show, why do we have to keep pretending it is?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

12A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 23rd August 2018, 3:52 am

shan164

Well, I think Battlestar Galactica Season 1 is the best season of television ever made and Season 4 the worst season of anything ever made and as much as I'd like to think they're two different shows, I can't ergo ...

13A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 23rd August 2018, 4:49 am

tardis

tardis

<I>Which<I> BSG, though. Sounds like you’re talking about the reboot which is a different show compared to TOS. So that’s not really a good comparison.

14A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 23rd August 2018, 5:05 am

shan164

No, I'm comparing the new show's Season 1 withe new show's Season 4. It goes without saying that it was a grim march for me towards the finish line at the end there.

?why is suddenly everything italicised?

15A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 23rd August 2018, 5:31 am

tardis

tardis

Don’t know why everything is italicised.

I didn’t get past episode 1 of New!BSG. It didn’t seem to have anything at all to do with the original, other than a few character names. Though, TBH, I was tiny when TOS aired, so unlike Doctor Who that lasted into my teens, memory of BSG was probably not as good.

16A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 23rd August 2018, 6:49 am

shan164

If you're talking about '33', that was a pretty damn good episode and everything the chase scene in The Last Jedi should have been. If you're talking about the miniseries that came before it, yes that took a while to get going and didn't really get going until the second half.

17A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 23rd August 2018, 9:23 pm

tardis

tardis

I honestly don't remember what it was now, I just remember (like with the Doctor Who Movie) being all excited that it had returned and going 'wtf is this?' when it started to air.

18A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 24th August 2018, 11:27 am

shan164

From what I remember, the mini took half its time to kick into gear but once it did, it picked up a lot.

Season 1 was off with an excellent first episode (and possible the best of the whole show). I think my favourite episodes of the season (over half of them), I watched over and over again. Like I said, best season of TV I've seen. Streamlining it would have made it even better.

Unfortunately, when the show went downhill, it really tanked to the point where I was grimly marching on to finish it and overall, I found it so bad, I didn't watch television for another 4 years, except for Doctor Who, I think.

The bad stuff spoiled the good stuff for me so much, I can't even look back at any of it even 10 years later. From best season to worst television show ever made on my own subjective scale was quite simply the most remarkable journey through a story I've ever had.

19A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 24th August 2018, 9:11 pm

Zarius

Zarius

As bad as BSG 2004 got, I love the third season finale, and think season four's mid-season close really should have been where the show ended (it was intended to be so when the 2007 writer's strike occured)

20A Proposition. Empty Re: A Proposition. 25th August 2018, 1:51 pm

shan164

I hated the Season 3 finale with all that all along the watchtower nonsense (that's when I really knew the show had disappeared up its own backside). Also, it was really clear they'd bungled that final five nonsense when the contradicted the fact that one of Adama's oldest friends from the war (complete with flashback from years ago) only could have turned up 8 months prior to the war that caused them to flee.

Or something. It turned into a colossal mess that made it increasingly clear the writing staff had completely lost control of what they were doing.

I completely agree with you about the mid-season finale of Season 4, I think I'd remember the show better if that's where it stopped. The final ten episodes were where I really started to hate the show.

Which is such a shame given how good the first season was, how all right the first half of the second season was (I found the latter part of the second half so bad before the finale that I only ever watched it once). Season 3 picked up for a while and the escape from the planet was excellent but then it all increasingly dropped off a cliff after that.

This is all why regardless of what happens or will happen to Doctor Who, I will very much doubt it will ever end up like this rolling disaster (I think I'm still so mad because it sucked me in with being so very good at the start).

For the record, I still think Doctor Who is OK which sometimes can be good to very good and still have occasional flashes of brilliance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum