Lunchtoiletdweller
Bill
DeadManRising
DogStar2000
Dalekbuster523
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51The new series IS 'Tru Who' - Page 3 Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 5th November 2018, 11:01 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

bryanbraddock wrote:Dalekbuster goes by the name "Sean the Mondasian Cyberman" on twitter.
Of course he thinks the current series is a golden age of Doctor Who.

https://twitter.com/WhoPotterVian/status/1059172625614802944

No surprise to find out from his twitter profile he's autistic, which explains the bizarre opinions,his lack of a sense of humour and single minded obsessions.

Dude come on here. We don't need to make fun of his autism. Not trying to be a white knight or anything, and I don't have anything against you personally of course, but him being autistic is irrelevant to his opinions. I mean hey I've have a friend who is autistic who HATES Mofftwat and RTD with a vengeance.

TBH Dalekbuster doesn't bug me. I obviously strongly disagree with his opinions, but as far as I know I've not seen him be a dick to anyone for not liking Jodie or New Who. His first post was extremely tame for instance, just saying New Who is Tru Who. Hell I might even quite like him outside of the world of DW for all I know.

The SJW fans I dislike, I dislike for very specific reasons.

Whovian Feminism for instance has had an impact on the show IMO as she is friends with some of the directors, producers and writers like Rachel Talalay, and also she does spout racist and sexist crap against white men, and she is a class snob like in this gem of a quote.

Whovian Feminism wrote:“Supposedly well-meaning observers always like to come in and say that hardcore fans simply won’t accept a woman portraying the Doctor. This attitude does both the show and our fandom a disservice. While there is always a smattering of assholes to prove this type of attitude does exist, they aren’t even close to a majority. And even if it were true, we should not let the direction of the show be dictated by the worst of its fans. If a misogynistic jerk who disparagingly refers to a woman Doctor as “The Nurse” says he’ll quit watching the show, he’s exactly the type of fan we should be proud to piss off. I promise, plenty of new fans (especially ones with disposable income!) are waiting in the wings to take his place.”

Claudia Boleyn meanwhile I used to get on with reasonably well, until she blocked me. Even then however its more been her recent behaviour that's bugged me.

She constantly spouts racist crap against white men, and is an Islam apologist.

Mr Tardis is also a total cunt too. He is a condescending jackass to anyone who doesn't like Jodie.

Also I do get the impression that Dalek Buster actually believes in what he is saying.

Another reason I dislike these three is that they're total phonies.

Whovian Feminism, Mr Tardis and Claudia Boleyn for instance claim that they really care about female led series, and strong female characters, yet they NEVER watch them.

As I have pointed out many times, all of the shows these people watch are male led. You could count the female led series all three like, combined on one hand.

They've never written, or done videos on female led shows, and look at their twitter, they don't follow Lucy Lawless, Katey Sagal, Gina Torres, Sarah Michelle Gellar, ANY prominent women in the genre.

They are only interested in female versions of male heroes like Jodie's Doctor because they hate men and want to take roles away from them (hence why when both Michelle and Jodie were cast literally the first thing Claudia did was gloat to the entitled male fanboys.)

Also Mr Tardis is an obvious BBC shill. He has mentioned working for the Beeb freelance and its clear he hopes if he arselicks enough he can get a job with them.

Even then that wouldn't bug me, but he knows the BBC is racist in its diversity policies, but he is happy to sell out other aspiring white people who want to work in television by defending these vile diversity hirings.

Also Claudia's Islam apologism makes my stomach churn. Once again much like her huge desire to see female heroes, it seems her desire to stick up for LGBT people and racial minorities is so she can she shit on white men, hence why she doesn't care when its Islam persecuting LGBT people.

For instance she said she has problems with the Rana/Kate storyarc in Coronation Street because it promotes a white saviour idea about LGBT Muslims needing white people's help.

For those of you who don't watch Corrie, Rana is a Muslim woman who falls in love with Kate and her family go fucking nuts! I actually applauded it. Coronation Street unlike DW is a show that tackles modern issues all the time, and Muslim homophobia is the single biggest threat to LGBT people in the world. I'm amazed they had the guts to show it. Unlike Chinballs they were brave.  

Fuck these poofs eh Claudia. How dare Corrie try and bring attention to this type of thing. The fact that it might in some way make British culture look better than any Islamic one is obviously the REAL issue here.

52The new series IS 'Tru Who' - Page 3 Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 5th November 2018, 11:51 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

burrunjor wrote:Dude come on here. We don't need to make fun of his autism. Not trying to be a white knight or anything, and I don't have anything against you personally of course, but him being autistic is irrelevant to his opinions.

Let me try to explain.
I wasn't insulting him or implying that his awful taste in Doctor who was due in in some way to his disability. My cousin is Autistic, I've hung around with him and his friends who also have similar conditions and I see the same patterns in Dalekbuster's behavior that I've seen in them through out the years.
The same intransigence,The lack of a sence of humour,a refusal to understand other peoples opinions,the same myopic obsessions etc. These are prototypical behaviors of people on the spectrum.

If I upset anyone by my observations I apologize, and I meant no offense.

53The new series IS 'Tru Who' - Page 3 Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 28th September 2019, 9:13 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Wow- is this one of the only instances where this ‘DalekBuster’ has posted on the Hive? Although I completely disagree with his views, I wouldn’t mind some further difference of opinion on the forum as it may allow for interesting debate, although given how much the forum has deconstructed New Who and its myriad artistic failings, not to mention its utter contempt and disrespect for the original programme, I doubt he’d get too far. Still, I wouldn’t mind some intelligent debate (assuming he’d ever be up for it on the Hive) though I’m honestly wondering why he decided to join and post on a blatantly anti New Who forum, to be honest. Smile

Concerning his autism: As an autist myself, I wouldn’t hold that against him by any stretch, and don’t consider it a defining factor of one’s personality per se, at least not necessarily in a negative way. I’d argue that I have the capacity to understand the opinions of others and discuss and debate in a civilised way, and I wouldn’t call myself intransigent either, so I wouldn’t say that these traits are universal across all autists (although I know Bryan Braddock passed away a few months back- rest in peace, and I wish the best for his family going forward- he seemed like a respectful and intelligent member of the forum). It varies from person to person, hence the term ‘spectrum’.

54The new series IS 'Tru Who' - Page 3 Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 28th September 2019, 12:44 pm

Ludders

Ludders

The medical profession have got much better at diagnosing ASD over the last 40/50 years, particularly high functioning Autism which at one time we knew very little about.
My sister who is also in her 50s was not properly diagnosed until she was nearly 30, although she does have a mild learning disability as well, which back in the day was enough to get her taken out of ordinary school at the age of 11 and put into what was then called 'special' school.
When I first started working in Community Support, there was still people with learning disabilities who presented with autistic behaviours, that still had not received a full diagnosis, and the more severe or chronic adult autistics were just thought to be intellectually disabled. It was only when they got the full diagnosis that we were able to start helping them with some of their issues which are in no way related to their intellectual capicity, which is a different thing altogether even though half of autisic people also have an intellectual disability.
And the definitions change too. Aspergers Syndrome is no longer considered a seperate developmental disorder and is now classed under ASD.
One of my less enlightened relatives (fortunately only an in-law) thinks that there's a lot more autism about, and is a bit tin foil about blaming vaccines. You can't get the silly cow to understand that we've just got a lot better at spotting it and diagnosing it, and that's why it might appear to be more common than it used to be.

55The new series IS 'Tru Who' - Page 3 Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 28th September 2019, 3:54 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Additionally, I do find it rather tragic that Autism is universally seen as a disease or a disability in people, when in certain cases, it can prove an intellectual advantage in particular fields. I wouldn’t change mine, anyway- I wouldn’t be myself otherwise, and even though it’s impeded me on particular occasions, it’s a fundamental part of who I am and has helped out in terms of my analytical skills in particular areas. My spatial awareness and intelligence is basically uniformly shite, though this is due to my autistic traits allowing me to concentrate and hone my strong points on other areas I have a considerable passion for (film and literary analysis, etc), which are now much more important to me in the long term. Autism can be a servere hindrance in so many cases- I’ve grown up in a household where it’s relatively common, and it does indeed make like difficult, and I am incredibly lucky to have received the support I have in the areas that require it- but there are uniquely positive aspects to it too which have practically come to define my identity.

56The new series IS 'Tru Who' - Page 3 Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 28th September 2019, 3:59 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

Bernard Marx wrote:Autism can be a servere hindrance in so many cases- I’ve grown up in a household where it’s relatively common, and it does indeed make like difficult, and I am incredibly lucky to have received the support I have in the areas that require it- but there are uniquely positive aspects to it too which have practically come to define my identity.
FUCK YOU. STRAIGHT WHITE MALES DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN IDENTITTY Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

57The new series IS 'Tru Who' - Page 3 Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 28th September 2019, 4:21 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

#BeKind wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:Autism can be a servere hindrance in so many cases- I’ve grown up in a household where it’s relatively common, and it does indeed make like difficult, and I am incredibly lucky to have received the support I have in the areas that require it- but there are uniquely positive aspects to it too which have practically come to define my identity.
FUCK YOU. STRAIGHT WHITE MALES DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN IDENTITTY Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

LOL LOL LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum