Rawkuss
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 17th May 2019, 11:03 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Just look at Trump. They hate him for stupid reasons. They think he's Hitler which is laughable. Not one of them hates him for things they should like his actions in Venezula. Do you think Claudia Boleyn or Trilbee knows anything about that? That would require actual political analysis.

Similarly look at Tulsi (yeah okay my big obsession right now as I'm in love with her LOL.) Still why don't they all support Tulsi? She's the first non white, female candidate, so all of the Obama/Hillary lovers who supported them for those reasons should be for her for that alone.

On top of that she is the most left wing Presidential candidate there has been for decades. She's against all foreign intervention, supports universal healthcare, welfare, increasing the minimum wage etc.

They don't support her however because again they don't know who she is! You'd have to be interested in politics to know her name, and they're not. They'll just jump on the bandwagon they are told to, hence why Hillary, the most hawkish candidate there has been for decades was their progressive champion.

I don't blame you for being in love with Tulsi. She kinda gives me nice fuzzy feelings too, and a sense of hope too (which I have a horrible feeling will be stupidly dashed by her own party's moneyed interests and Joe Biden-sycophants).

As for the tribalistic retardation of the modern SJW left and the problems with the signal to noise ratio, I have to say the best book I ever read on SJW culture and why it ran out of control, was Angela Nagle's "Kill All Normies"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kill-All-Normies-culture-alt-right/dp/1785355430

To summarize, it describes how in the online sphere of these activists, virtue-signalling became a kind of social currency, and in order to increase the value of their own virtue currency, it became the drive of them to create scarcity by finding absurd ways to denounce the less holy in their own circles with new rules and new outrages.

Ben Cobley's "The Tribe" is another good one, which I'm in the middle of currently, and I'd say he's a bit clued up as he was previously part of the Labour Party and knows how these people work and think, and goes into things like Rotherham and how it was allowed to happen.

I'll check those both out when I have the time. Tulsi is a goddess!

RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 53cc87d531f87

RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Tulsi-gabbard-new-mug-e1367375549796

RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 121114tulsi

She's like a real life Xena the Warrior Princess. Strong, smart, brave, and gorgeous. Obviously the fact that she's hot is NOT the reason I am supporting her. I think Claudia Boleyn is pretty but I think I've done a good job of debunking her arguments LOL.

Tulsi being sexy is just a bonus. It will be weird to fancy the President though if she wins.

I don't think Tulsi will be the President in 2020 (I'll still promote her though, for all the good it will do, IE NOTHING LOL.)

I think we could be in for either four more years of the Donald or Joe Biden. Either way it won't make much fucking difference. Both war mongering crooked, moronic puppets.

Still Tulsi I think could be President in 2024. We just have to bide our time, though I think Trump's second term if he wins will see him descend to Bush levels of shittness. He's now completely in thrall of the hawks unlike 2017. It will be amusing to see 4 more years of Rachel Madcow going on about RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA at least if Trump wins (though she'll probably do that for Tulsi.)

A real shame as Tulsi would absolutely smash Trump IMO.

This latest youtube advert from her has been met with a great response.

I just want to be able to say Madame President about Tulsi one day Big Grin

27RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 17th May 2019, 11:22 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:Rotherham happened because the Police were still sulking and smarting over the MacPherson report which identified "institutional racism" in the force. All of the right-wing previous BNP-supporting pigs took that judgement as meaning, "Oh right, that means we'd better not nick any black or asian people any more even if they are commiting mass fucking murder because we'll get called "racist""

It was pure and utter bloody-minded and deliberate negligence.  

That might've been part of it, but reading Ben Cobley's book, it sounds like it was a very top-down problem of negligence and fears about the optics looking bad or potentially racist if they acted, that extended to social services too, and to the Labour council itself. That mainly nothing got done because the authorities felt they could only tackle the problem by going through certain Muslim community leaders, which stopped them being pro-active about nipping it in the bud.

28RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 17th May 2019, 11:38 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:Tulsi being sexy is just a bonus. It will be weird to fancy the President though if she wins.

I know.

I just want to curl up in her lap as she does her speeches.

I don't think Tulsi will be the President in 2020 (I'll still promote her though, for all the good it will do, IE NOTHING LOL.)

I think we could be in for either four more years of the Donald or Joe Biden. Either way it won't make much fucking difference. Both war mongering crooked, moronic puppets.

I still don't understand why the Democrats would screw her out of the race. I know they screwed Bernie and pushed Hillary in his place because they expected Trump to lose, but this time surely they've got to know they can't underestimate his popularity again, and think about who would be the people's best choice?

But according to Prince of Queens, Biden represents the oldest generation of the circle of big moneybags, and so he will be the corporate choice.

Still Tulsi I think could be President in 2024. We just have to bide our time, though I think Trump's second term if he wins will see him descend to Bush levels of shittness. He's now completely in thrall of the hawks unlike 2017.

I worry about it kicking off with Iran, and it ending up just like Iraq again at best or going all out nuclear at worst.

And I say that out of no love for the Iranian regime, but better the devil you know.

29RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 18th May 2019, 12:34 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Tulsi being sexy is just a bonus. It will be weird to fancy the President though if she wins.

I know.

I just want to curl up in her lap as she does her speeches.

I still don't understand why the Democrats would screw her out of the race. I know they screwed Bernie and pushed Hillary in his place because they expected Trump to lose, but this time surely they've got to know they can't underestimate his popularity again, and think about who would be the people's best choice?

But according to Prince of Queens, Biden represents the oldest generation of the circle of big moneybags, and so he will be the corporate choice.

Still Tulsi I think could be President in 2024. We just have to bide our time, though I think Trump's second term if he wins will see him descend to Bush levels of shittness. He's now completely in thrall of the hawks unlike 2017.

I worry about it kicking off with Iran, and it ending up just like Iraq again at best or going all out nuclear at worst.

And I say that out of no love for the Iranian regime, but better the devil you know.

Tulsi's voice is just so sensual and sexy. She's my current biggest crush along with Dana Delorenzo and Ingrid Oliver.

A war with Iran would be absolutely disastrous. It's disgusting that Trump is going back on his promises of non intervention, but sadly its to be expected.

I still say that Trump's win over Hillary was for the best, as she would have done all the same shit, and she would have been a win for the establishment. Trump at least shook things up by his very presence. Still its time for him to go now before he really fucks things up, but as Tulsi herself said its no use getting rid of Trump if you just get the same type of guy in.

Now we need to shake things up in a meaningful way which Tulsi would do.

30RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 18th May 2019, 1:43 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:I still say that Trump's win over Hillary was for the best, as she would have done all the same shit, and she would have been a win for the establishment. Trump at least shook things up by his very presence. Still its time for him to go now before he really fucks things up, but as Tulsi herself said its no use getting rid of Trump if you just get the same type of guy in.

Oh I agree that we dodged a bullet with Hillary.

The problem is the Democrats are still in their echo chamber of denouncing the 'deplorable' voting base that voted Trump in, and seem largely incapable of reflecting on their own failures to win the people.

Tulsi sounds like the exception to the rule who gets it and gets that the people would've voted in a better alternative to Trump if one existed (and even TYT have gone after her in a such a moronic way for speaking such apostasy against her own party). But most Democrats don't seem to have learned their lesson that the people aren't stupid and enough saw through their last attempt to sneak one of their most corrupt figureheads into the White House just because they thought she'd be an easy win against Trump.

31RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 18th May 2019, 6:29 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Tanmann wrote:
Rob Filth wrote:Rotherham happened because the Police were still sulking and smarting over the MacPherson report which identified "institutional racism" in the force. All of the right-wing previous BNP-supporting pigs took that judgement as meaning, "Oh right, that means we'd better not nick any black or asian people any more even if they are commiting mass fucking murder because we'll get called "racist""

It was pure and utter bloody-minded and deliberate negligence.  

That might've been part of it, but reading Ben Cobley's book, it sounds like it was a very top-down problem of negligence and fears about the optics looking bad or potentially racist if they acted, that extended to social services too, and to the Labour council itself. That mainly nothing got done because the authorities felt they could only tackle the problem by going through certain Muslim community leaders, which stopped them being pro-active about nipping it in the bud.

I realise there were breakdowns in communication between Social Services and the pigs, but that's nothing unusual in many areas, child exploitation or not - caseloads are often too high against a backdrop of austerity cuts and people doing the jobs of three and that's when communication break-downs occur.

I'm sure there was an element of croney-ism too, people trying to cover each others backs once they realised a serious fuck up had occurred, but I still reckon the main chief fault lay with the Pigs sulking over the MacPherson report, rather than face up to the charges of institutional racism in the force, the wankers decided to be deliberately bloody mindedly negligent to crimes committed by the Asian community with the attitude of "Oh, I better not nick them cos that'd be racist! Right?" - the fucking cunts.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

32RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 2nd September 2019, 2:14 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Tanmann wrote:Back in 2013 I'd have said Moffat over Davies. Moffat seemed to at least care about plot mechanics and being truer to the spirit of the old show. And that's what I'd probably think to this day had he left with Matt.

Then from Dark Water onwards, Moffat achieved something even RTD's worst couldn't, and actually destroyed my ability to care about the show anymore, in an almost retroactive way. As though the classic show had suddenly only ever existed for him to deconstruct and poke fun at and draw hollow fanservice and shock-value storytelling from.

Suddenly there was a gulf between Moffat's hysterical true-believer fans and embarrassed onlookers like me who just felt completely alienated.

It wasn't quite the same as RTD's hyper audience he was going for. RTD was aiming at the soap audience, the kids, and the ‘anything can happen’ late night chat show audience, as seen in TFI Friday or The Sunday Night Project. Which meant the Doctor’s character had to unfortunately be distorted and lobotomized into being like one of its unbearable, loud, narcissistic, shallow gossip-minded hosts, whether Chris Evans or Justin Lee Collins.

But I could still believe there was an element of the heroic Doctor in there somewhere, believing in a righteous cause. With Moffat's era I had no incentive to because nothing in his version of the show seemed to matter anymore. There was nothing substantial for the Doctor to be energized to crusade against. Just shadows, smoke and mirrors and shock tactics.
I pretty much agree with all of this, and I think that Moffat’s era did much more damage to the legacy of the central character than RTD, although I hold neither in high regard at all. RTD goal was to dumb down the series and deprive it of its intellectual and enriching qualities all whilst making the series more popularist than ever before, which itself paved the way for Moffat’s subsequent decisions, although Moffat was ultimately more detrimental as he’d not only added to RTD’s popularist approach but also distorted the very essence of the programme and original character beyond all recognition. That being said, I much prefer Smith’s first two years to any of RTD’s seasons as they seemed to adhere more to the spirit of the classic series and pandered less to the conservative mantras of popularism, though, as Rob aptly puts it, Moffat’s worst outputs are aeons worse than RTD’s due to the reasons you refer to. I don’t really know who I’d choose...

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 2nd September 2019, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

33RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 2nd September 2019, 3:38 pm

Ludders

Ludders

The paradox is that Moffat's best stuff is better than RTD's best stuff, but his worst stuff (which is most of it) is worse than RTD's worst stuff. (which is also most of it) lol

34RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 2nd September 2019, 3:50 pm

stengos

stengos

Moffat for Matt Smith's first two series. Amy and Rory were excellent companions.

There is much i like in Capaldi's third series but there is much I don't - e.g., the pratting about with Missy, especially in World Enough and Time. I quite liked the Tardis team of Nardol, Bill and Capaldi.

35RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 2nd September 2019, 3:52 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I think I’d probably go for Moffat upon further reflection, given that I find the best parts of his era infinitely more endearing than RTD’s era, which has aged horrendously by comparison to Moffat’s best stuff. Because RTD was consistently mediocre, it makes his era all the less interesting.

36RTD Vs. Moffat - Page 2 Empty Re: RTD Vs. Moffat 2nd September 2019, 10:10 pm

iank

iank

Yeah, I think I would go for Moffat now for his first two seasons and there are glimmers of greatness even in the rest of his run. I don't think we can really blame the gender-bending bollocks on him as I'm damn sure this was a BBC edict and would have happened regardless of who was in charge.
By contrast even 99% of the stuff I used to like in the RTD era I just can't be fucked with anymore. It's aged really badly already.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum