What does the forum need to improve?

+4
Boofer
DeadManRising
Zarius
Mott1
8 posters

Was does the forum need to improve?

What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_lcap13%What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_rcap 13% [ 1 ]
What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_lcap0%What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_lcap0%What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_lcap25%What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_rcap 25% [ 2 ]
What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_lcap50%What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 4 ]
What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_lcap12%What does the forum need to improve? I_vote_rcap 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What does the forum need to improve? Empty What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 11:09 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Let's see.

2What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 11:27 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

That's a hard one. I could pick multiple answers. Not much can be done about most of those, except the penis pictures. TBH, I think we are at the mercy of the showrunners when it comes to DW. Fresh topics is probably the best suggestion, well done in that department.

Getting new posters is hard. Most other DW forums are well established and social media seems to have overtaken a lot of those. Even if you get the posters most will lurk: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

Is it possible to have trolls here? Anything goes and if you change the site's ethos towards moderation banning accounts will just lead to socks or fewer posters. Plus it wouldn't be the Hive anymore. There are plenty of forums with more posters and more moderation.

3What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 12:40 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I voted for "More Nuwho fanatics to debate with".

While I do like this place, this forum is pretty much nothing more than a gigantic circlejerk for disgruntled Classic Who fans to rant about how terrible NuWho is and how anyone who likes it is an idiot who just doesn't understand Doctor Who.

More Nuwho fans here would spice things up a bit by adding a larger variety of opinions and introducing a healthy dose of debate and heated discussion. Not to mention stop this place from descending into a clique where everyone thinks the same about everything.

4What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 12:51 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I absolutely agree with DeadManRising and I voted more NuWho fanatics too. This place is in danger of becoming an echo chamber for ranting about New Who.

I do wish Penny, Lady Lusipher and Mike would all come back even though they all despised me as it saved it from becoming just an echo chamber. Not that I don't enjoy talking to guys like Commander Maxill of course who I like and agree with, but you know what I mean you never want this place to just be a one opinion only site.

TBH whilst we rant about a lot of the same things, we can bring up any subject we want to here so the new subjects thing isn't really an issue. If you want to bring it up just do it. And we do have a fairly diverse set of subjects on the main discussion page. How many forums have threads about Amy Winehouse, Karl Pilkington, 90s fantasy shows and Tommy Robinson?

I agree with Mr Happy though that we are kind of at the mercy of New Who in terms of new who related discussion. What else can we talk about the current casting choices and the cunts behind it that haven't already been discussed?

5What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 1:06 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I'm not sure how we'll EVER get any serious NuWho fans to actually come here and contribute to the Hive. I mean, have you SEEN the threads here? The average NuWho fan would probably piss his pants and start crying after seeing us post all these lengthy essays absolutely dismantling NuWho in just about every conceivable and possible way.

A NuWho fan would need a REALLY thick skin and be extremely good at debating to post here. I just don't see it ever happening.

6What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 1:17 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

DeadManRising wrote:I'm not sure how we'll EVER get any serious NuWho fans to actually come here and contribute to the Hive. I mean, have you SEEN the threads here? The average NuWho fan would probably piss his pants and start crying after seeing us post all these lengthy essays absolutely dismantling NuWho in just about every conceivable and possible way.

A NuWho fan would need a REALLY thick skin and be extremely good at debating to post here. I just don't see it ever happening.    

I suppose LOL, though I have a lot of New Who fans following my blog. Granted I think a lot of them have read my earlier posts where I liked New Who. Even then though a lot of us don't mind the earlier stuff.

Its really just from Peter Capaldi's first season on that we are universally agreed its shit.

I LOVE Matt Smith for instance and would consider him to be one of the best actors to play the Doctor. Others here like Christopher Eccelston however, though I consider him to be the most miscast if I'm honest (before Jodie of course).

I meanwhile also have mixed feelings on Tennant. He is a great guy (having met him in real life.) And he is a damn fine actor, and there are lots of brilliant stories with his Doctor like The Waters of Mars, Midnight, The Shakespear Code, Smith and Jones, The Sontaran Strategim/The Poison Sky, Utopia and other stories that aren't so much right for Doctor Who, but still great pieces of tv in general like Army of Ghosts/Doomsday.

However that said he is too modern, and romantic and human at times for me, and I HATE his regeneration. IMO its the first nail in the shows coffin, by making out each Doctor is a different guy.

Others her meanwhile HATE all of Tennant's era with a vengeance. Others think Capaldi was one of the best actors to play the Doctor whilst others think he was a boring, charisma vacum and have dubbed him "Crap Oldie" LOL.

So really I think that we all have contrasting and in some cases balanced opinions on New Who all things considered. Its just the Peter Capaldi era here that is universally despised, but to be fair, most new who fans clearly hate that era too, as demonstrated by its catastrophic fall in viewing figures.

7What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 4:23 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I voted for fresh topics. My thoughts on the options are these : -

Nothing: I nearly voted for this as I currently like the exchange of witty observations with the small group on here. Less clashes than in the old days of The Hive, but those did used to get very emotional and old after a while, and derailed some interesting debates.

Trolls: Toiletman was always the main one of these. He still pops up from time to time; at least that means he's ok and some piss-taking of us is occasionally amusing and gives us a jolt.

The Banning Of Maxil : nope, I like him!

Fresh Topic Discussions : the reason I voted for this is that there's a tendency for every thread to turn into a MeToo/feminism bashing. Whilst I agree with the anti-feminism theme on a general level I was hoping it could be limited to fewer threads, as it can get repetitious and also becomes difficult to know where one conversation started and another finished! Not sure how this can be policed though. The starting of a new series tends to bring new topics in naturally.

Nu Who Fanatics : the Hive doesn't seem to attract them anymore. The last one I remember being prominent, other than Toiletman or possibly Flynn, was Rani. Did the RTD generation have thicker skins than the Moffat Who fans?

Penis pics : the old Hive featured scat and explicit stuff on a regular basis. The decline in this hasn't been missed by me, personally!

8What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 5:28 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Moar peniz picz, pls. lol!

Honestly, just spice up the general forum with whatever your brain wants to fart out that day. If it's shit, it'll get buried, if it's interesting, it'll float.

Personal stories, personal grievances, political gripes, uncanny observations, dancing dogs, men who can fart the national anthem, pub etiquette, cultural differences, that thing your dad does after sneezing loudly, your washing habits, cars you drive, jobs you do, your conflicts, neighbours, encounters with the law....just anything.

9What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 30th March 2018, 11:10 pm

iank

iank

Personally I'm quite happy it's a circlejerk. If I wanted to debate morons I could rejoin Gormless Bastards.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

10What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 28th April 2018, 10:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:Moar peniz picz, pls. lol!

Very well.

What does the forum need to improve? Jedi10

11What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 29th April 2018, 4:37 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I may be a bit cynical about it these days and do criticize my share of episodes, but I'm still a bit of a New Who fan, however I'm hopeless at debate.

12What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 29th April 2018, 5:21 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Why is Trolls an option? Does anyone think to themselves "what we really need to brighten up the place is more trolls". LOL

13What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 29th April 2018, 5:31 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Cause trolls can be fucking hilarious and cause endless amounts of highly amusing drama and nerd rage.

Every truly great forum needs at least one troll in my opinion.

14What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 29th April 2018, 8:24 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mr. Happy wrote:Why is Trolls an option? Does anyone think to themselves "what we really need to brighten up the place is more trolls". LOL

We need someone to throw a spanner in the works. The Hive has become too tranquil and calm and what we need is someone to come along and cause absolute mayhem. I hope a McCoy/JNT era hater joins and starts talking shit about how Chibnall's era is going to shit all over that period of the show. I just need some entertainment LOL

15What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 13th July 2018, 8:41 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Looks like some of the posts on this forum have upset a particular sensitive soul.  LOL  LOL  LOL

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014909870661931009.html

16What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 13th July 2018, 11:00 pm

iank

iank

lol Wanker.

17What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 13th July 2018, 11:26 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Mission accomplished.

18What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 14th July 2018, 1:00 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Nice review, formatting was terrible

19What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 14th July 2018, 8:17 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

DeadManRising wrote:Looks like some of the posts on this forum have upset a particular sensitive soul.  LOL  LOL  LOL

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014909870661931009.html

LOL this is hilarious!

PS at no point did I even say that all feminists are ugly, nor have I ever in my life used the phrase Cultural Marxism. I support many of Marx's theories after all.

I really hope this guy reviews us again. PS checked out his twitter page and he despises macho, testosterone laden geek culture.

Is it any wonder DW is in this state its in when people like this big Jessie are its target audience? (PS if I, the big Spice Girls fan are calling you a Jessie that's really saying something.)

Old Doctor, used to boast about how he took boxing lessons from the great John L Sullivan himself. New Doctor hopes the future will be nothing but girls. That about really sums it up.

20What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 14th July 2018, 8:26 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

More from this big jessie.

I used to think mansplaining was exaggerated, but not any more. I'm a cis male, but I tend to unthinkingly pick female usernames online for things, and this targets me for inaccurate fedora clarifications I don't get to nearly the same level with my male usernames.
I put my pronouns on my bio here, but I don't really consider that a lot of people on forums or whatever just naturally assume I'm a woman behind a computer and am mostly only reminded when people flock to attempt to tie me down to the most tedious conversations imaginable.
I really like being corrected or learning new things. I don't like some guy taking this opportunity during an irrelevant discussion to flaunt the Jung knowledge he gained from Jordan Peterson videos.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Deadmanrising thank you for this gold mine! And here was me thinking that a lot of the people (not all) for Jodie were a bunch of hysterical, overemotional, privileged twats. Well this guy proved me wrong Big Grin

21What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 14th July 2018, 8:59 am

iank

iank

I can't imagine being so thoroughly emasculated. What a loser. LOL

22What does the forum need to improve? Empty Re: What does the forum need to improve? 14th July 2018, 11:31 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

We're famous! My life is complete.

What a fucking load of Tottenham that shit was.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum