You are not connected. Please login or register

Any Karl Pilkington fans here?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 20th March 2018, 9:37 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I personally can't get enough of him. Some of the utterly bizarre and daft bullshit he comes out with has me absolutely howling with laughter. His XFM podcasts with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant are comedy gold. I dread to think how many hours I've spent listening to them.

2Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 27th March 2018, 12:30 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

I like him, not sure about his upcoming show though. A fully scripted sitcom written by Karl and starring himself in two roles, an alternate version of himself where he never met Ricky and Steve and the voice inside his head.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

3Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 27th March 2018, 2:17 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Yeah, I'm rather sceptical about it myself. It sounds awfully corny, and frankly I seriously doubt Karl has the talent to properly write a sitcom, since he's never written anything TV related in his life before. Not to mention that Karl has always excelled at off-the-cuff observational style humour instead, so he's rather out of his element here.  

I really wish he would just get back together with Ricky and Steve and do some more podcasts instead. Since that was clearly his best comedic material and nothing else even comes close. Hell, even a new series of An Idiot Abroad would be much better than this.

4Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 27th March 2018, 4:37 pm

Boofer

Boofer

What I can't understand is how no-one seems to have worked out it's an act, a character.

A friend of mine had offices up in Berkshire before he moved to Mayfair. The office across from his contained Richard Ayoade (writing IT Crowd) who we had a brief lunch with. The conversation turned to comedy fairly quickly, and my friend - a big Gervais fan - asked him about Pilkington, to which Ayoade said 'it's a very clever act by a very smart man', which I remember totally shattered my friend's illusions about him. He was gutted LOL

5Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 27th March 2018, 4:58 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

His early XFM podcasts are 100% genuine. If you compare them to the more recent ones you'll notice he isn't nearly as dim-witted as he is in the later podcasts and he actually laughs along with Ricky and Steve a lot as they take the piss out of some of the stupid shit he says. But yeah, his later stuff is pretty much all just an act. Anyone who believes a guy who is smart enough to work as a head radio producer is also stupid enough to believe that a monkey actually performed eye surgery and managed to completely cure someone of glaucoma is hopelessly gullible and naive.

Doesn't really matter either way. Because it's still fucking hilarious.

6Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 5th July 2018, 5:01 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Trailer for his new sitcom "Sick of It"

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

7Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 5th July 2018, 6:46 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

"The reason I split up with my ex-girlfriend is because her friends started having kids, and then she kept going on about it. If we can have kids, we should have them because there are people out there who can't have them. I've never understood that logic. I used to say to her there's people out there without fucking arms, but I'm not going to take up juggling".

LOL LOL LOL

Alright, I'm 100% sold. Karl's trademark blunt, misanthropic humor definitely seems to be in abundance here. Really looking forward to this.

8Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 14th October 2018, 9:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Sick of It was brilliant! I hope they bring it back for a second series.

9Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 8th January 2019, 3:56 pm

Retardis

Was indeed!

https://soundcloud.com/arran-gilbert-1

10Any Karl Pilkington fans here?  Empty Re: Any Karl Pilkington fans here? 6th January 2020, 11:13 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Sick of It is back on Friday! No doubt Pilkington will deliver the goods again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum