Zarius

Second half of series two commences in September

Tennant and Gatiss will guest star

http://www.thunderbirds.com/en/news/article/47

2Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 8th May 2019, 12:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Lee Majors is confirmed to be voicing Jeff Tracy

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a27394501/thunderbirds-are-go-jeff-tracy-lee-majors/

-The Zero-X will feature in the show
-Jeff will initially be shrouded in mystery as a helmeted character
-A mysterious distress signal catches the attention of IR and The Hood
-The Hood and Chaos Crew commandeer a Thunderbird
-Locations include the Supreme Barier Reef, London, a futuristic holo-game, snowy mountains and a haunted nuclear facility

Further details on the guest cast

Thunderbirds Are Go returns in May to ITV & CITV with all-new epic episodes featuring a whole host of incredible guest voice actors. Jennifer Saunders (Absolutely Fabulous, French & Saunders) voices Helen Shelby, a no-nonsense biologist who designed the stunning Supreme Barrier Reef. Alan Ford (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch) returns as cockney Light-Fingered Fred, joined by Larry Lamb (Eastenders, Gavin & Stacey) as Gomez - two ‘friends’ from Parker’s criminal past who want to use FAB1 as a getaway car in their criminal exploits. Sylvester McCoy (Doctor Who) stars as Aezethril the Wizard, a whacky and dramatic inventor of holographic game park 'Cavern Quest’, a real-life experience based on one of Alan Tracy’s favourite video games.

The guest cast list for these episodes includes:

Alan Ford (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels), returning as Light-Fingered Fred

Jennifer Saunders (Absolutely Fabulous) as Helen Shelby

Larry Lamb (Eastenders) as Gomez

Marcel McCalla (Footballers’ Wives) as Robbie

Navin Chowdhry (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) as Cameron

Nina Sosanya (Love, Actually, W1A) as Asher

Sylvester McCoy (Doctor Who) as Aezethril the Wizard

Tom Rosenthal (Friday Night Dinner, Plebs), returning as Brandon Berrenger

Vas Blackwood (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels), returning as Pirate Reece

https://www.thunderbirds.com/en/news/article/58

3Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 8th May 2019, 1:06 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I gave the first episode a watch, back in 2015.

I didn't like it.

It was better than the bloody 2006 Spy Kids-esque movie version that was all about Alan being a selfish, whiny millennial brat (who the old, altruistic Jeff Tracey, would've never stood for half that shit from), but I still didn't like it.

To me Thunderbirds was about visceral tension and anticipation of the patient, delicate, painstaking last lucky shot rescue attempt. And the delicate, painstaking puppet and model work and craft that went into the show's making was a crucial part of that.

A speedy, quick-fire CGI cartoon version of Thunderbirds is like listening to just the audio version of a ventriloquist act.

The magic just isn't there.

4Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 27th March 2020, 11:58 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

My favourite will always be the 2004 movie with Bill Paxton and Sophia Myles.

Thunderbirds Are Go Myles_10

Oh, the memories. I remember taking the DVD with me on a family holiday to Great Yarmouth in 2005. I believe I also took a copy of Revenge of Sith with me as well. I've since paid for that film so don't call the cops on me! Man, what a time. I had no social anxiety back then and I always liked mixing with the girls on holiday. I often wonder what happened to that version of me. I really took my life in the noughties for granted.

5Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 28th March 2020, 5:43 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Sorry, I don't like this modern animated version or any version, other than the 1965 classic series (plus the two 60's films).

Thunderbirds Are Go Aaa_th26

6Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 28th March 2020, 12:14 pm

REDACTED

I concur with Kaijuko. The original 60's series is the only one worth watching. I've seen snippets of the new CGI one and didn't really care for it too much and the less about that godawful 2000's movie, the better.

7Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 28th March 2020, 12:43 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:I concur with Kaijuko. The original 60's series is the only one worth watching. I've seen snippets of the new CGI one and didn't really care for it too much and the less about that godawful 2000's movie, the better.

I did an online watch of the 2004 film with a fan friend who'd seen it before.

I mainly remember thinking Alan was a complete prick and the kids were annoying.... and actually Sophia Myles as Penelope was the only good thing in it.

At the end he said to me "Now tell me.... how *good* does the 96' McGann TV movie now look by comparison...?"

Big Grin

8Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 28th March 2020, 1:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I watched the 2004 film again about a year ago and it held up fine for me. I honestly can't believe how many people hate it. Spider-Man 2 came out the same year to critical acclaim and I personally find that unwatchable now (I'm still a huge fan of the 2002 original). Different strokes for different folks I guess.

9Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 28th March 2020, 3:26 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The new Thunderbirds series has now concluded and overall I was left dissapointed. Jeff was in no real danger and The Hood got thrown in a cupboard at the end and they all headed off home. Even the Hood's henchmen stood no chance against a small pug dog.

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I watched the 2004 film again about a year ago and it held up fine for me. I honestly can't believe how many people hate it. Spider-Man 2 came out the same year to critical acclaim and I personally find that unwatchable now (I'm still a huge fan of the 2002 original). Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I think the first two Spider-Man movies are OK, even if they've aged incredibly badly, I still prefer them to most movies from Marvel Studios.

10Thunderbirds Are Go Empty Re: Thunderbirds Are Go 29th March 2020, 11:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Zarius wrote:

I think the first two Spider-Man movies are OK, even if they've aged incredibly badly, I still prefer them to most movies from Marvel Studios.

The first film is a staple of my childhood.  I really dig the zany stylistic touches Sam Raimi added to it. I've always found Spider-Man 2 to be a dull in comparison.

Doc Ock was never as fun as Gobby:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum