Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment

+4
BillPatJonTom
iank
Defeatment
Adam Ant Driver
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 21st June 2017, 12:17 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Moffat and Gatiss are reuniting for a new take on Dracula.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/sherlock-team-reuniting-for-dracula-series-1202472312/

“Dracula” will adopt the same format as “Sherlock,” with a miniseries run of feature-length episodes.

Ooh goody. Rolling Eyes

On the plus side:
They have said there are no current plans for a new series of “Sherlock,”

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

Defeatment

"(through a megaphone) STEP AWAY FROM THE CLASSIC NOVEL AND COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP! (normal voice) Shoot them both!"

We could have a game of predict the stupid?
I'm calling it now, it will be set in the modern day. There will be a pre-existing Vampire appreciation cult.
There will be "But you're the REAL Dracula!" moments.
And of course everyone in the show will be Gay as it will be an AIDS allegory and as we all know they are the only people who catch that virus, right?

Anything else you want to add?

iank

iank

If it keeps them away from Who, awesome. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 27th October 2019, 7:27 pm

Zarius

Zarius

5Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 27th October 2019, 10:35 pm

Ludders

Ludders

That's enough for me. The last 5 seconds is a dead give away that it's going to be shit.

6Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 28th October 2019, 3:01 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Hellfire no!

One look at that Dracula trailer and already my worst fears are confirmed.

Jonathan Harker was cared for by nuns I think after he escaped from Castle Dracula but stake-wielding nuns? I don't remember any of that shite in the novel. It doesn't bode well...

I think I'll stick with the three L's - Lugosi, Lee and Langella.

Is it not enough that Moffat has already fucked up Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes without him getting his grubby little protuberances all over yet another beloved classic? Evil or Very Mad

7Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 28th October 2019, 4:53 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Oh god, I am so sick of that man. Sometimes, I swear it feels like its his life's mission to ruin everything I've ever liked. Can he not come up with his own shit? He's like some sort of parasitic literary vulture, chewing up and regurgitating everything in sight. Dracula has to be a mockney git with stupid dialogue now? Just fuck off. May as well get Danny Dyer to play the bloody part.

From Lawrence Miles' blog:-

"After Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Jekyll, BBC announces quest to find other UK legends that Steven Moffat can completely miss the point of and then ruin for everybody in the future: full story, page 3..."

Well predicted.

8Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 28th October 2019, 7:08 pm

Ludders

Ludders

As much as Lawrence is correct, it's a bit like predicting that next Saturday will befollowed by a Sunday in the case of Moffat.
Actually, the most annoying thing about this, since I have no intention whatsoever of watching it; is the fact that it will stop anyone else from potentially making a decent job of it, for many years to come.

9Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 29th October 2019, 12:14 pm

stengos

stengos

The old BBC adpatation of the Bram Stoker novel was good. It was made around 1977 I think. Louis Jordan played the title role. There were odd scenes that were poorly acted but on the whole i have quite fond memories of it.

10Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 29th October 2019, 12:22 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Yes it was an excellent version, even though I thought Louis Jordan lacked a bit of presence.

Anyone seen the Dan Curtis version starring Jack Palace. He may seem like an odd choice, but it's actually a pretty good version. Bit of a forerunner of the Coppola movie.
Though Lee will always be my Dracula....

11Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment Empty Re: Dracula getting the Sherlock treatment 13th December 2019, 4:18 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Iggy Pop. I shit you not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum