You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do some people crap on Burton's Batman?

+3
Bernard Marx
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Pepsi Maxil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why do some people crap on Burton's Batman? Empty Why do some people crap on Burton's Batman? 1st December 2019, 8:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Is it because of the Nolan films? I don't know why the Burton films are seen as inferior. Both are visually stunning films with brilliant effects, incredible set design and an atmosphere that most superhero movies since have failed to match. The characters are incredibly well rounded and the stories are captivating and engaging. I really, really like these films.

Why do some people crap on Burton's Batman? Urton10

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I didn't think they did. Most people consider them inferior to Nolan's, but these are the same people that think the Nolan films are amongst the best films ever, period.

They're a little over stylised, aren't particularly true to the source material, and are pretty campy and cheesy. Aside from that the films are well liked.

Honestly, these days I don't see the Nolan films as being particularly great. I'd say the Burton films are about on par.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:I didn't think they did. Most people consider them inferior to Nolan's, but these are the same people that think the Nolan films are amongst the best films ever, period.

They're a little over stylised, aren't particularly true to the source material, and are pretty campy and cheesy. Aside from that the films are well liked.

Honestly, these days I don't see the Nolan films as being particularly great. I'd say the Burton films are about on par.
Those are essentially my thoughts (and I’ll add that they also have a mesmerising musical score from Elfman). Mind you, I still rate the first two Nolans very highly, even if they have become a little overhyped (The Dark Knight is still superb). The third has certainly got worse with age, mind, and is laughably written in many areas.

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 1st December 2019, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

iank

iank

Love the Burton's.
The Nolan's were great insomnia cures. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

1989 Batman was quite good.

The Dark Knight and its sequel are a cut above most superhero movies though. There's no shame about being in the shadow of greatness.

REDACTED

I think its partly due to them being in the same canon as the Schumacher films.

Ludders

Ludders

Cunnus Maximus wrote:The Dark Knight and its sequel are a cut above most superhero movies though.

Agreed. Starting with Batman Begins, my interest in the superhero genre was reinvigorated because of these films.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum