You are not connected. Please login or register

If you could only listen to five albums for the rest of your life.

+5
Tanmann
burrunjor
REDACTED
Boofer
Pepsi Maxil
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Cobra Motion Picture Soundtrack (1986)

Miami Sound Machine - Anything for You (1987)

The Pet Shop Boys- Actually (1987)

Rocky V Motion Picture Soundtrack (1990)

John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band - Tough All Over (1985)

REDACTED

Disintegration- The Cure
Batman - Prince
Guns N Roses- Use Your Illusion II
Queen- A Kind Of Magic
Queen - News Of The World

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Batman - Prince

Man, I love album! Scandalous is my absolute favourite song from it. I also have a soft spot for Arms of Orion.

Boofer

Boofer

I've gone for an eclectic mix of styles.

The Prodigy - Experience.
Paul Simon - Graceland.
Portishead - Dummy.
Led Zeppelin ‎– Led Zeppelin II.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Cunnus Maximus wrote:I've gone for an eclectic mix of styles.

Paul Simon - Graceland.
Portishead - Dummy.

That's only four albums, fool!

Boofer

Boofer

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Cunnus Maximus wrote:I've gone for an eclectic mix of styles.

Paul Simon - Graceland.
Portishead - Dummy.

That's only four albums, fool!

Yeah, and? Big Grin

Maybe I'm just not as greedy as the rest of you. Smile

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:
Batman - Prince

Man, I love album! Scandalous is my absolute favourite song from it.  I also have a soft spot for Arms of Orion.

I bust my VHS by constantly rewinding it to hear Scandalous over the credits.

Its a pisser Electric Chair was never in the film. Sad

burrunjor

burrunjor

1/Back to Black (Amy Winehouse)
2/Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful (Paloma Faith)
3/Joanne (Lady Gaga)
4/ Deleted Scenes From the Cutting Room Floor (Caro Emerald)
5/ Lungs (Florence and the Machine)

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

1. Chvrches- The Bones of What You Believe
2. Lorde- Pure Heroine
3. Martika- Martika's Kitchen
4. Blackstar- Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Blackstar
5. Michael Jackson- Off The Wall

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:Its a pisser Electric Chair was never in the film. Sad

I think it is.

I'm sure it's in the background during Bruce's party where he first meets Vicki (before he has to disappear to stop Jack Napier raiding Axis Chemicals).

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It is. It is the instrumental version of the song, though. Vicki Waiting also plays at the party, again in instrumental form.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:It is. It is the instrumental version of the song, though. Vicki Waiting also plays at the party, again in instrumental form.

Ah.

Would've been a cool song to play though if they actually *did* give the Joker the Electric Chair.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The real tragedy is that this song was never included on the soundtrack or in the film:

It is very dark and I do understand why it was cut. It suits Nicholson's Joker perfectly, though.

Last edited by Pepsi Maxil on 21st April 2020, 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:It is. It is the instrumental version of the song, though. Vicki Waiting also plays at the party, again in instrumental form.

Ah.

Would've been a cool song to play though if they actually *did* give the Joker the Electric Chair.

Yeah, that would have made for a cooler death scene. I never liked the way he died in the film.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:1. Chvrches- The Bones of What You Believe
2. Lorde- Pure Heroine
3. Martika- Martika's Kitchen
4. Blackstar- Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Blackstar
5. Michael Jackson- Off The Wall

Good to see you back Tanman. Everybody's been so quiet around her recently? I would have thought it would be the opposite with the Corona, but I guess everybody's just too depressed with the way things are going.

I knew you liked Lorde, I just never knew you liked her that much. She is Randy Marsh remember. Big Grin

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

My top 5 albums (at moment)....

The Stranglers IV - Rattus Norvegicus by The Stranglers
Got this album back in the early punk era although this is really a lot classier than most of the punk stuff tbh. Some top tracks like Peaches and Hanging Around plus the sublime Down in the Sewer all done with great style.

Queen II by Queen
Fantastic early Queen with a dazzling display of talent perhaps best illustrated by The March of the Black Queen track which gives their celebrated  Bohemian Rhapsody from a later album a run for its money imo.

Cotton Club by various
Not actually an official soundtrack album but an unofficial Italian released compilation featuring early recordings by Duke Ellington and Cab Calloway including vocals by Lena Horne. Back in the 80s when The Cotton Club movie was released, I bought this album on a whim and it helped to spark a lifelong passion for jazz that grew and grew.

A Farewell to Kings by Rush
Fantastic rock album with truly epic qualities notably distinguished by the title song as well as Xanadu and the incredible Cygnus X-1 tracks. Their album 2112 is another fave but this one I reckon has the unrivalled sound.

Abbey Road
by The Beatles
By this point the Fab four seemed to have evolved into more of a rock band than the pop act they started as. So I think this is my preferred album by them as I tend to enjoy their later stuff most. It shows how far their development had progressed with remarkable quality exemplified by Come Together and I Want You (She's So Heavy) among others.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

My taste has changed a bit since I made this thread. I'd probably swap the Rocky V Soundtrack for Hatful of Hollow by The Smiths and MSM's Anything for You for The Other Side Of The 80s, an alternative compilation album featuring Echo & The Bunnymen, New Order, The Stranglers (cool to see that you like them, BillPatJonTom), The Smiths, The Dream Academy and The Jesus and Mary Chain.

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Pepsi Maxil wrote:My taste has changed a bit since I made this thread. I'd probably swap the Rocky V Soundtrack for Hatful of Hollow by The Smiths and MSM's Anything for You for The Other Side Of The 80s, an alternative compilation album featuring Echo & The Bunnymen, New Order, The Stranglers (cool to see that you like them, BillPatJonTom), The Smiths, The Dream Academy and The Jesus and Mary Chain.

Cheers, and you've some excellent choices there Big Grin

Mott1

Mott1

David Bowie - "Station To Station"

Pink Floyd - "Animals"

Neil Young - "On The Beach"

Neu! - "Neu! 75"

Ultravox - "Systems Of Romance"

The key is not just narrowing it down to five, but making sure the five you have aren't uniformly depressing!

iank

iank

I have to admit, I'm hopeless when it comes to music knowledge. I love music, but I've never been into the details with it, so I have no idea what songs are on what albums. These days with anything resembling "modern" music (i.e not from the Meat Loaf/Elton John era!) even if I really like a song half the time I've no idea who sang it.
Oh dear. Cool Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

burrunjor

burrunjor

BillPatJonTom wrote:My top 5 albums (at moment)....

The Stranglers IV - Rattus Norvegicus by The Stranglers
Got this album back in the early punk era although this is really a lot classier than most of the punk stuff tbh. Some top tracks like Peaches and Hanging Around plus the sublime Down in the Sewer all done with great style.

Queen II by Queen
Fantastic early Queen with a dazzling display of talent perhaps best illustrated by The March of the Black Queen track which gives their celebrated  Bohemian Rhapsody from a later album a run for its money imo.

Cotton Club by various
Not actually an official soundtrack album but an unofficial Italian released compilation featuring early recordings by Duke Ellington and Cab Calloway including vocals by Lena Horne. Back in the 80s when The Cotton Club movie was released, I bought this album on a whim and it helped to spark a lifelong passion for jazz that grew and grew.

A Farewell to Kings by Rush
Fantastic rock album with truly epic qualities notably distinguished by the title song as well as Xanadu and the incredible Cygnus X-1 tracks. Their album 2112 is another fave but this one I reckon has the unrivalled sound.

Abbey Road
by The Beatles
By this point the Fab four seemed to have evolved into more of a rock band than the pop act they started as. So I think this is my preferred album by them as I tend to enjoy their later stuff most. It shows how far their development had progressed with remarkable quality exemplified by Come Together and I Want You (She's So Heavy) among others.

Abbey Road is a fantastic album. Possibly the best Beatles album of all time.

Huge fan of Queen as well. Freddie Mercury has always been one of my three favourites alongside Amy and John Lennon.

It's such a shame we lost all of them so young.

These would probably be my three favourite songs of all time, in no particular order.

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

burrunjor wrote:

Abbey Road is a fantastic album. Possibly the best Beatles album of all time.

Huge fan of Queen as well. Freddie Mercury has always been one of my three favourites alongside Amy and John Lennon.

It's such a shame we lost all of them so young.

Agreed - I'd probably favour Beatles' White album second to Abbey Road and always loved Queen - I was lucky enough to see them play at Knebworth concert back in 1986. Good taste there burrunjor! Big Grin

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've been very fond of this compilation album since I got it. It was the summer of 2016 and I remember it raining a fair bit so much so actually that I now associate the album with rainy days. I walked around my garden listening to some of it while getting drenched earlier (rain and 80s music combined is a very powerful healer). I was huge on Blake's 7 at the time and also very excited for the European Championships so I have a lot of fondness for that summer.

If you could only listen to five albums for the rest of your life. Eletro10

I really recommend buying this album if you're into calm and reflective tunes from the 80s. It's the perfect compilation to listen to why you're reading a book, struggling to sleep, exercising or if you simply want to relax with a drink. 60 songs for £5 is an absolute bargain.

JJ Chambers

JJ Chambers

I kinda hate questions like this, because depending on the day and how I'm feeling, I'd probably give a completely different set of picks. Nonetheless, I feel compelled to chime in.

Amarok - Mike Oldfield
Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd
The Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles
Queen II - Queen
ARTHUR (Or, the Decline and Fall of the British Empire) - The Kinks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum