You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Story Should Have Been The Sontarans Last Hurrah?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

REDACTED

Which story should have been their swan song?

Ludders

Ludders

Can’t see the full title ‘coz I’m on my phone, so I don’t know what this thread is about, yet. 😂

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

A tough one, because their best stories were their first two, and neither The Invasion of Time or The Two Doctors did them much justice, but they did at least show them in action as an invasion force which we'd never seen before.

I suppose you could say The Invasion of Time would be the righter swansong. Milking the Sontarans whilst they were still a current thing, having them go all out in invading Gallifrey. I'd need to see it again though to make a judgement of how worthy a Sontaran escapade it was.

But then I kind of like the idea of The Two Doctors being a reminder of them as still a part of the Whoniverse, *and* that they get to face off with Pat and Colin's Doctor at once. Even if they get wasted and superseded by the Androgums halfway through.

To be honest I didn't care much for the New Who Sontaran stories and could happily live without them. As Boofer pointed out, they seemed to be treated as a stumpy joke from the start, rather than the genuinely nasty, ferocious, sadistic force they were back in 1975.

So I'd say overall, either The Invasion of Time or The Two Doctors.

Boofer

Boofer

It should have stopped here.

Which Story Should Have Been The Sontarans Last Hurrah? 342610

Ludders

Ludders

The Sontaran Experiment.
I’d like to say The Invasion of Time, but it was a bit rubbish really.
Apart from the story being badly realised, the idea of the Sontarans being able to invade such an advanced civilisation as the Time Lords was a bit daft anyway if you ask me. This was a missed opportunity for a great Dalek story, as they were technologically advanced enough and already had a time travel facility.
But the Sontarans? Nah, I just never bought into the idea, aside from it all being so badly done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum